Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!
I believe that this station on the North Staffordshire Railway was closed circa 1925. Was its location somewhere between Biddulph station and Congleton Upper Junction station?
"Mossley Halt Station was located by the bridge that spans Reades Lane, and from here coal-miners and furnace-men travelled to and from Black Bull Coal Mine."
Which would put it towards the top of this 1897 map extract, although it is not marked.
Can anyone confirm the closure date in 1925 as shown in Wikipedia listing of closed stations.
I query this as it was two years before the line closed for passengers in 1927......?
Can anyone confirm the closure date in 1925 as shown in Wikipedia listing of closed stations.
I query this as it was two years before the line closed for passengers in 1927......?
According to Michael Quick's "Railway Passenger Stations in Great Britain A Chronology" (publ. Railway & Canal Historical Society) it closed on 13 July 1925.
I recommend the book as the most comprehensive record of openings and closings available.
According to Michael Quick's "Railway Passenger Stations in Great Britain A Chronology" (publ. Railway & Canal Historical Society) it closed on 13 July 1925.
I recommend the book as the most comprehensive record of openings and closings available.
We are aware of an issue with emails from the Forum to Microsoft-based email accounts (hotmail/outlook/live.com email addresses). This is being looked into currently, thanks for your patience meanwhile.