• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mornington Crescent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
23 Mar 2011
Messages
2,631
In that case...

Mitcham Junction.
 

Anon Mouse

Established Member
Joined
20 Mar 2011
Messages
1,274
right, in that case I'll have to use a superfast 2011 move to Ebbsfleet International
 

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
23 Mar 2011
Messages
2,631
... Mornington Crescent...
 

RyanB

Member
Joined
20 May 2011
Messages
142
Location
Edinburgh, UK
^^^^^^^^^^
Damn YOU!!!!!!!!

ffffuuuu_RE_Rule_34-s513x387-102645.jpg
 
Last edited:

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
23 Mar 2011
Messages
2,631
I think that's enough for one night, don't you... ;)
 

DaveNewcastle

Established Member
Joined
21 Dec 2007
Messages
7,387
Location
Newcastle (unless I'm out)
Yes. I'm quite exhausted after all that mental effort.

But I will look out my old set of rules later tonight; the ageing cat permitting. One day, I might even tell you the story about how I got a hold of them in the first place - its enough to say for now that it wasn't entirely legitimate and involved a much loved and sadly missed trumpeter leaving his trumpet case open in a dressing room late one night.
 

Hydro

Established Member
Joined
5 Mar 2007
Messages
2,204
Looks like I missed a good game! Oxteds finishing move was pretty good there. I tried out James "101 ways to play Mornington Crescent" Harringtons variation not so long ago, christened "Harrington's Anomaly". It's as hard as hell.

No reverse moves, no sequential numbers, diagonal penultimate spaces are required to finish, and the South River territory only counts for half turns. It's...interesting.
 

Welshman

Established Member
Joined
11 Mar 2010
Messages
3,068
Yes. I'm quite exhausted after all that mental effort.

But I will look out my old set of rules later tonight; the ageing cat permitting. One day, I might even tell you the story about how I got a hold of them in the first place - its enough to say for now that it wasn't entirely legitimate and involved a much loved and sadly missed trumpeter leaving his trumpet case open in a dressing room late one night.

But where was the lovely Samantha when you needed her?
 

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
23 Mar 2011
Messages
2,631
Good afternoon everyone. I thought I'd kick off a new game now, just as lunch starts to kick in.

I fancy trying the new Montgomery rules for this one, which for those who don't know, are practically the same as Mortimer v3, but with the "Outplay" extension to the London and South East connections map permitted after a bilateral pincer.

As prime poster, I nominate references to the Oxted line as counting premium... <D

So... Covent Garden...
 

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
23 Mar 2011
Messages
2,631
This can only mean...Amersham.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top