• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mornington Crescent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
23 Mar 2011
Messages
2,631
Nicely done there! Expertly placed numerical reference...
 

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
23 Mar 2011
Messages
2,631
Depends what goes before.

Make absolutely sure you count the number of letters.
 

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
23 Mar 2011
Messages
2,631
On that basis, Stratford! (Notice how I cunningly used the Jubilee and impending DLR extension to remove the Central line issue...ah I'm a genius)
 

ralphchadkirk

Established Member
Joined
20 Oct 2008
Messages
5,754
Location
Essex
I'm sorry I haven't a clue how you play this game!

Where can you find the various rules?

As at your local Library for a copy of Mortimers Rules for Mornington Crescent version 4 (published 1946). You may find it helpful to get a copy of the regulations and Appendices as well.
 

imagination

Member
Joined
3 Aug 2010
Messages
505
Not careful enough I'm afraid DaveNewcastle - that's a reverse triangulation that places you in nip for the next 2 moves
 

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
23 Mar 2011
Messages
2,631
Waterloo were we at? The obvious one is Tooting Broadway.
 

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
23 Mar 2011
Messages
2,631
Woah! Advance warning next time! Some viewers may have weak hearts!
 

ralphchadkirk

Established Member
Joined
20 Oct 2008
Messages
5,754
Location
Essex
Its probably fair to say that some local libraries may not have any copies at all.
It can be helpful to study some past games as well. I think the BBC have published a book containing some of the classics.

Very true. The libraries that don't stock it probably aren't worth using anyway.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top