• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Merseyrail legacy fleet updates (Class 507/508)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sun Chariot

Established Member
Joined
16 Mar 2009
Messages
6,736
Location
2 miles and 50 years away from the Longmoor Milita
Here's 18, which I've also sampled...View attachment 168147
Oh now you're just spoiling me! :D

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Agreed except around my area it used to be 315s 20 minutes away if that so 2 years
I had to endure them on the Seven Sisters loop to Cheshunt, during the mid- to latter-1990s. Original seats: hateful things!
 

Babybirdrobin

Member
Joined
3 Mar 2022
Messages
221
Location
The Crouch Valley
I had to endure them on the Seven Sisters loop to Cheshunt, during the mid- to latter-1990s. Original seats: hateful things!
I never had to endure the 315s in daily service but I still attended their farewell as I did like them even if it was related to having spent the last 12 years as a child looking at them at Shenfield identifying them by the doors having the teeth and passing them

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

No they've posted it again now, doesn't look like they know all the details yet though
That could be the issue then, they didn’t have the details they needed quite yet
 

prod_pep

Established Member
Joined
8 Aug 2010
Messages
1,711
Location
Liverpool
They're leaving it late to get 507001 ready for the tour, notwithstanding that it is desperately needed in the current 777 chaos. I do hope the two used aren't 003 and 023, the worst two left for me.
 

kylestoast

Member
Joined
4 Jan 2024
Messages
56
Location
Lancashire
Looks like 003 and 023 might be going back down to Liverpool again, everything being turned around at hillside because of the points failure

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

003 and 023 are now going back down to Central, not sure which service it's going on, driver and guard don't know either
 
Last edited:

Babybirdrobin

Member
Joined
3 Mar 2022
Messages
221
Location
The Crouch Valley
They're leaving it late to get 507001 ready for the tour, notwithstanding that it is desperately needed in the current 777 chaos. I do hope the two used aren't 003 and 023, the worst two left for me.
As much as I hope they ready 001 in time, I’d take 029 and 018 as those two are seemingly really good according to the other posts on here, shame I can’t be up there for the tour ☹

Although, I think they might have to repair 007 and 001 for handback and new life respectively [Speculative post]
 

simonmpoulton

Member
Joined
25 Jun 2011
Messages
217
I doubt they need to repair units going for scrap to be honest! From what I’ve heard elsewhere the rumour is 003 and 023 will be doing the tour
 

Class15

Established Member
Joined
30 Dec 2021
Messages
4,186
Location
North London or Mildmay line
As much as I hope they ready 001 in time, I’d take 029 and 018 as those two are seemingly really good according to the other posts on here, shame I can’t be up there for the tour ☹

Although, I think they might have to repair 007 and 001 for handback and new life respectively [Speculative post]
Doubt they will, if the units are being withdrawn there’s no reason to repair them. 001 is for static display remember.
I doubt they need to repair units going for scrap to be honest! From what I’ve heard elsewhere the rumour is 003 and 023 will be doing the tour
This makes sense, if the units are being scrapped (007) or for static display (001), why would they repair them?
 

WirralLine

Member
Joined
4 Jun 2024
Messages
527
Location
Wirral
001 isn't exactly great anyway other than it's historical value. Managed a ride on 018 this evening, making all the right noises although delayed by a late 777 on its final trip.

777s are dropping like flies, expect 507s out tomorrow again!
 

childwallblues

Established Member
Joined
3 Jul 2014
Messages
3,882
Location
Liverpool, UK
Was at Sandhills yesterday morning on my way to Ormskirk when 507003/023 came in heading for Liverpool Central. At lunchtime I saw 507018 at Wallasey Grove Road and then on my return from New Brighton at Birkenhead North.
 

cjbirkett

Member
Joined
18 Feb 2020
Messages
154
Location
lancashire
With thanks to helpful ppl on merseyrailways group.

003/023 on Southports until 10am [7.02 and 9.02 ex Central i presume]

018 Is on xx.38s from New Brighton

029 is on Ellesmere Ports, working 06.39 ex Port
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top