The cost of keeping the 507s going won't be massive. It's not as if they employ extra people to look after them.And cost. Keeping the 507s about is a pointless expense if you can use the new fleet with a temporary diagram change.
Can you elaborate? I think a typical passenger would rather sit in a six car 507 than stand in a crush loaded 777.Politics
But they do pay Angel trains to lease them.The cost of keeping the 507s going won't be massive. It's not as if they employ extra people to look after them.
Understood. Are they all off lease though? If they are still paying the lease for the remaining seven units, but not using them, that makes even less sense.But they do pay Angel trains to lease them.
It's allocated to work:is 029 out? i saw a thing on X saying it is - first working 2S44?
Was it replaced after working 2S52?507029 has been replaced with 777002 at Southport unfortunately, but managed a fine ride from Liverpool. Time for the bus home instead; at least the seats are comfy.
Yes, last working was 2S52. I didn't hang about for the move but the driver said he was taking it to 'Birkdale 1', so in all likelihood it did.Was it replaced after working 2S52?
Do you know if 029 shunted into Birkdale Sidings 1?
Should be 507016.Looks like another scrap move booked onto RTT:
Derby RTC To Birkenhead North E.M.U.D
Birkenhead North E.M.U.D To Newport Docks (Simsgroup)
029 I heardThere is a 507 drag scheduled for Monday, I believe 16 will be on it, anyone know the other unit?
16 solo I believe.There is a 507 drag scheduled for Monday, I believe 16 will be on it, anyone know the other unit?
CheersOnly 016, the remaining units 001,003, 007,018,023 & 029 are being held in reserve supposedly until December when all 777's will be in traffic.
Highly unlikely, but not impossible.Any chance of seeing a 507 in service at all tomorrow?
Thanks for the update.I understand that someone threw a brick at the loco and it got a broken windscreen so it had to go back to Derby!
As far as I am aware:
507016 - is in Birkenhead North Depot
507001 and 507029 are at Southport
The other three units were not at New Brighton and West Kirby on Saturday when I was there!
There were at least 3 in North depot yesterday. I didn't catch the numbers other than 016 which is in the usual spot for decommissioning.Thanks for the update.
003, 007 and 018 must be at North depot then if not at New Brighton or West Kirby (unlikely any 507s will be stabled at Kirkdale).
As reported in an earlier post above, 023 appears to be with 001 and 029 at Southport/Birkdale sidings.
I feel like they should give it a clean before it does it. Same with 003507023 & 029 stabled still in the sidings at Southport but 001 left in readiness for railtour duties on Sunday.