• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Merseyrail legacy fleet updates (Class 507/508)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Borkyyy

Member
Joined
29 Feb 2024
Messages
60
Location
Hunts Cross
Fully 6 car on Southport - Hunts X

507017 + 507003
507007 + 507016
507023 + 507029

Nice to see 016 back out and running. 017 has had really poor performance regarding its acceleration going up to Southport, not quite sure what is wrong with it. Unsure what is on Wirral lines but I'll have a look.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Anybody know what 016s first service will be tomorrow? Gonna give a little go on it, preferably what time it gets into Brunswick. Thanks
Not sure as they tend to change each day
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MR-507508

Member
Joined
17 Jan 2020
Messages
1,022
Location
North West
Anybody know what 016s first service will be tomorrow? Gonna give a little go on it, preferably what time it gets into Brunswick. Thanks
It ends at Birkenhead North depot tonight. Highly likely it will be out again on the Southport line tomorrow, given the only 507s at North depot are; 001 and 018 (& both are not serviceable at the moment).
If so, it will work the following tomorrow;
From Hunts Cross: 0621 0851 1121 1351 1621 1851 2121
From Southport: 0742 1012 1242 1512 1742 2012
 

507016

Member
Joined
25 Feb 2024
Messages
183
Location
Liverpool
Somethings happened on the northern line, the 20:19 out of Brunswick is terminating at Sandhills and has been changed from a 6 car to a 4 car, any info?
 

prod_pep

Established Member
Joined
8 Aug 2010
Messages
1,711
Location
Liverpool
Joined
17 Feb 2016
Messages
201
It ends at Birkenhead North depot tonight. Highly likely it will be out again on the Southport line tomorrow, given the only 507s at North depot are; 001 and 018 (& both are not serviceable at the moment).
If so, it will work the following tomorrow;
From Hunts Cross: 0621 0851 1121 1351 1621 1851 2121
From Southport: 0742 1012 1242 1512 1742 2012
Hoping somebody might then go down to film them pass through platform 2 at James Street at 5:48. My hotel's in Southport so I'm out of position.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

–––– Appendix A begins here ––––
From observation over the course of this week, the class 507s seem to be diagrammed onto these services to start off with. The convoy then recirculates on a 2½ hour cycle.
Screenshot_20240531-222800~2.pngScreenshot_20240531-222740~2.png
N.b. that I haven't observed the specific services highlighted, it's just that the services I did observe were in the "Then At These Times Past Each Hour" bit.

As for why they run them in convoy like this, I have no idea. Note that it passes through Liverpool southbound at 8am & northbound at 5pm, so it could be to provide extra capacity for the rush. Alternatively, perhaps the 777s are designed to be able to assist each-other like old SR EMUs used to do, but I think this is unlikely.

–––– End of Appendix A ––––
 
Last edited:

507016

Member
Joined
25 Feb 2024
Messages
183
Location
Liverpool
Hoping somebody might then go down to film them pass through platform 2 at James Street at 5:48. My hotel's in Southport so I'm out of position.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

–––– Appendix A begins here ––––
From observation over the course of this week, the class 507s seem to be diagrammed onto these services to start off with. The convoy then recirculates on a 2½ hour cycle.
View attachment 159109View attachment 159110
N.b. that I haven't observed the specific services highlighted, it's just that the services I did observe were in the "Then At These Times Past Each Hour" bit.

As for why they run them in convoy like this, I have no idea. Note that it passes through Liverpool southbound at 8am & northbound at 5pm, so it could be to provide extra capacity for the rush. Alternatively, perhaps the 777s are designed to be able to assist each-other like old SR EMUs used to do, but I think this is unlikely.

–––– End of Appendix A ––––
I could possibly get them through 2 and then run back to central, but that’s if I have the bother to walk to James street at 5am
 

CallmeDave

Member
Joined
6 Dec 2023
Messages
164
Location
Brighton
Todays workings

diagrams below
1 is 507016 507007
2 is 507023 507029
3 is 507003 507017

From Southport
1: 0742 1012 1242 1512 1742 2012
2: 0757 1027 1257 1527 1757 2027 2242
3: 0537 0812 1042 1312 1542 2042 2257

From Hunts Cross
1: 0621 0851 1121 1351 1621 1851 2121
2: 0636 0906 1136 1406 1636 1909 2136
3: 0651 0921 1151 1421 1651 1921 2151

507001 Birkenhead 26/05 reps
507018 Birkenhead 20/05 reps
507029 Kirkdale Servicable

Enjoy the day.
 

childwallblues

Established Member
Joined
3 Jul 2014
Messages
3,882
Location
Liverpool, UK
I'm on '7016 back to my hotel, & the Bootleite sitting behind me has just said he was getting off at "Marsh Lane"!
He is getting off at Marsh Lane & Strand Road which is the old name for Bootle New Strand. The station name was changed in 1968 when the nearby New Strand Shopping Centre opened.
 
Last edited:
Joined
17 Feb 2016
Messages
201
I could possibly get them through 2 and then run back to central, but that’s if I have the bother to walk to James street at 5am
Alas, London has at least a half-hourly service 24/7 to everywhere in the city, Liverpool has in bus deregulation yet another reason to hate Thatcher.
 

childwallblues

Established Member
Joined
3 Jul 2014
Messages
3,882
Location
Liverpool, UK
Having visited the Pier Head this morning to see the new Cunard liner Queen Anne I arrived back at Liverpool Central expecting to catch the 1113 to Liverpool South Parkway. However screens said that the 1058 was running seven minutes late. I was surprised when it arrived as it was 507029, a type that I had not ridden for about three months,. A bigger surprise was that as the train was late it would run non stop to Hunts Cross. So a little bit of a bonus for me on a 15 minute fast run. I did of course have to stay on for the 1.5 mile return to Liverpool South Parkway.
 

M28361M

Member
Joined
15 May 2014
Messages
684
Location
Liverpool
The 0742 from Southport this morning was 507016 solo which I imagine was rather cosy for the morning commuters. Unsurprisingly it lost time on its way into Liverpool and was 7 minutes late when I saw it at Aigburth.

Anyone who couldn’t board that train due to crowding was really out of luck as the following train, the 0757, only got as far as Birkdale before being cancelled "due to a problem with the train".
Any more news on 507001?
Still awaiting attention at Birkenhead North. It seems the intention is to get it back into service, but not sure when that will be.
 

507016

Member
Joined
25 Feb 2024
Messages
183
Location
Liverpool
Departures I Seen while sat at Southport on 016



07:42: 507007 + 507023



07:57: 507016 Solo (Onboard)



08:12: 507010 + 507029
 

Class777

Member
Joined
18 Mar 2023
Messages
46
Location
Merseyside
Just a note for anyone travelling on SOP-HNX line. Have just been onboard 507016, just terminated and departed Bootle New Strand due to a brake fault. Stadler engineer was unable to fix the issue.
 

8A Rail

Established Member
Joined
6 Dec 2012
Messages
1,351
Location
Mars
Just a note for anyone travelling on SOP-HNX line. Have just been onboard 507016, just terminated and departed Bootle New Strand due to a brake fault. Stadler engineer was unable to fix the issue.
Noted on FB, the Unit has been fixed and waiting to come back out.
 

TheSel

Member
Joined
10 Oct 2017
Messages
1,169
Location
Southport, Merseyside
From observation (I'm on 507016)

1012 SOP-HNX = 507016 (solo)
1027 SOP-HNX = 507010 (solo)
1042 SOP-HNX = 2x507 (couldn't identify the specific sets).

Should return as 1121, 1136 & 1151 HNX-SOP respectively, and repeat every two and a half hours (but the nominal 1812 ex SOP is a scheduled cancellation for training purposes).
 

prod_pep

Established Member
Joined
8 Aug 2010
Messages
1,711
Location
Liverpool
507016 has failed once again, this time at Bootle whilst working the 12.42 service from Southport.

On a brighter note, 507001 has been moving about today. It ventured from Birkenhead North to Kirkdale this morning to collect 507029 which I believe has acquired a fault. Having dropped 029 off at North, I think it has returned to Kirkdale. A return to service is imminent with a bit of luck.

507017 had spent a few days stabled at New Brighton but has now moved to Birkenhead North, with another unit trading places earlier (507003?).
 

Class777

Member
Joined
18 Mar 2023
Messages
46
Location
Merseyside
Not good
507016 has failed once again, this time at Bootle whilst working the 12.42 service from Southport.

On a brighter note, 507001 has been moving about today. It ventured from Birkenhead North to Kirkdale this morning to collect 507029 which I believe has acquired a fault. Having dropped 029 off at North, I think it has returned to Kirkdale. A return to service is imminent with a bit of luck.

507017 had spent a few days stabled at New Brighton but has now moved to Birkenhead North, with another unit trading places earlier (507003?).
That’s not good at all that 016 is experiencing multiple brake failures in a span of a few days. Hopefully 001 can come out to play soon.
 

peter.owen

Member
Joined
19 Nov 2015
Messages
15
Location
Liverpool
...

On a brighter note, 507001 has been moving about today. It ventured from Birkenhead North to Kirkdale this morning to collect 507029 which I believe has acquired a fault. Having dropped 029 off at North, I think it has returned to Kirkdale. A return to service is imminent with a bit of luck.

...
507001 was at Kirkdale when I passed there about 1340 today.
 

Yoboys45

New Member
Joined
20 Aug 2022
Messages
4
Location
London
Hope everyone's having a great afternoon, does anybody know the diagrams for Tuesday, thanks in advance :D
 

irish_rail

On Moderation
Joined
30 Oct 2013
Messages
4,530
Location
Plymouth
From observation (I'm on 507016)

1012 SOP-HNX = 507016 (solo)
1027 SOP-HNX = 507010 (solo)
1042 SOP-HNX = 2x507 (couldn't identify the specific sets).

Should return as 1121, 1136 & 1151 HNX-SOP respectively, and repeat every two and a half hours (but the nominal 1812 ex SOP is a scheduled cancellation for training purposes).
Thank-you.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

507016 has failed once again, this time at Bootle whilst working the 12.42 service from Southport.

On a brighter note, 507001 has been moving about today. It ventured from Birkenhead North to Kirkdale this morning to collect 507029 which I believe has acquired a fault. Having dropped 029 off at North, I think it has returned to Kirkdale. A return to service is imminent with a bit of luck.

507017 had spent a few days stabled at New Brighton but has now moved to Birkenhead North, with another unit trading places earlier (507003?).
016 sounded more like a diesel train when it passed me this morning at Ainsdale!
 

Sun Chariot

Established Member
Joined
16 Mar 2009
Messages
6,736
Location
2 miles and 50 years away from the Longmoor Milita
016 sounded more like a diesel train when it passed me this morning at Ainsdale!
Slightly OT - still about beautiful PEP noise though. ;)
If it's any consolidation, the final few weeks of 313s service, they were often "thrashed" out of Havant towards Farlington Junction - and they screamed like a Formula 1 engine!
 
Last edited:

irish_rail

On Moderation
Joined
30 Oct 2013
Messages
4,530
Location
Plymouth
Slightly OT - still about beautiful PEP noise though. ;)
If it's any consolidation, the final few weeks of 313s service, they were often "thrashed" out of Havant towards Farlington Junction - and they screamed like a Formula 1 engine!
016 sounded like a diesel whilst stationary though!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top