• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Megatrain Salisbury to Waterloo - £1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bnm

Established Member
Joined
12 Oct 2009
Messages
4,992
I spoke to 2 Revenue people this morning at Basingstoke, No problem with buying the 2 tickets as stated earlier, first thing she said was, no BOJ as not leaving the station.

They both didnt think Clapham counted as London though. However Im not doing that. No need to double back either they both said

So those two Revenue staff have given you permission to break Megatrain's terms and conditions have they? I hope you got that in writing. Could be an expensive mistake if there is a rail-side revenue block at Clapham Junction.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hantsman1205

Member
Joined
11 Nov 2011
Messages
116
So those two Revenue staff have given you permission to break Megatrain's terms and conditions have they? I hope you got that in writing. Could be an expensive mistake if there is a rail-side revenue block at Clapham Junction.

I will let you know :D
 

AlterEgo

Verified Rep - Wingin' It! Paul Lucas
Joined
30 Dec 2008
Messages
29,624
Location
LBK
I agree with Clagmonster. The Megatrain rules are expressed to override the NRCoC, and "you must travel between the stations booked" means exactly that. Pettifoggery over when is stopping short not stopping short is a little unbecoming, and national television shouldn't be encouraging people to weasel out of the terms they agreed to.

I'm surprised the expression "bad customer service" hasn't been thrown in yet!

...I agree entirely. I believe the terms and conditions are abundantly clear on Megatrain tickets in this particular respect.

Plus a surprise bonus point from me for excellent use of the word "pettifogging". I almost never hear or read it!
 

clagmonster

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
2,442
Do the megatrain conditions over-ride condition 19?
I can see what you are getting at. I think if you used Megatrain as part of a conventional split (ie traveling A-C via B, with Megatrain A-B and another ticket B-C there would be no problem. In this case the requirement is to travel between the stations on the reference, whoch I see more as an ammendement to condition 16 (break of journey), but it does prevent some more complicated use of condition 19.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top