• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Matt Hancock resigns and following matters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Typhoon

Established Member
Joined
2 Nov 2017
Messages
3,540
Location
Kent
The Telegraph is reporting this morning that an investigation has started into who placed a CCTV camera in Matt Hancock's office without his knowledge.

I am sure he wouldn't have been snogging his bit on the side if he knew there was a camera recording his every move.

The key sentences are-





Obviously trying to turn the story away from Hancock and his employment of (and social closeness with) his former university friend. Just like Boris trying to blame Cummings over the flat redecoration. Expect a few civil servants and aides to have their security passes taken away (with no evidence). It is the conditions under which Ms Coladangelo was employed which should be front and centre, and that doen't require CCTV evidence.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

duncanp

Established Member
Joined
16 Aug 2012
Messages
4,856
Obviously trying to turn the story away from Hancock and his employment of (and social closeness with) his former university friend. Just like Boris trying to blame Cummings over the flat redecoration. Expect a few civil servants and aides to have their security passes taken away (with no evidence). It is the conditions under which Ms Coladangelo was employed which should be front and centre, and that doen't require CCTV evidence.

I am not sure that they are trying to deflect attention from Mr Hancock and his undoubted wrongdoings.

Someone must have placed the camera there (possibly acting on a tip off from within the Health department) known about the footage, and kept the footage secret between 6th May and now.

So who was it, and why did they choose to make the footage public now?

Not looking at you Mr Cummings at all.

However it happened, Matt Hancock has lost all credibility, and will no doubt resign within days, as it is now impossible for him to carry on with his job.
 

DelayRepay

Established Member
Joined
21 May 2011
Messages
2,929
I wonder (and will likely never find out, of course) what proportion of "the rest of us" (including the nay-sayers in the public and in the holier-than-thou opposition) have in fact done similar things, regardless of what stage we were at in the pandemic, rules etc. I suspect it's probably quite high.

I doubt many of us have signed into law severe restrictions on peoples freedoms and liberties, and then gone ahead and broken that law.
 

duncanp

Established Member
Joined
16 Aug 2012
Messages
4,856
I doubt many of us have signed into law severe restrictions on peoples freedoms and liberties, and then gone ahead and broken that law.

..or told blatant lies when laying the relevant statutory instruments about five minutes before they are due to come into force, saying that it is "...too urgent to consult parliament first..." <( <(

This needs to be looked into in the future, so that there are more safeguards, and much greater parliamentary scrutiny.
 

LOL The Irony

Established Member
Joined
29 Jul 2017
Messages
5,335
Location
Chinatown, New York
I actually think Home Secretary Priti Patel should be sacked. She's already faced a bullying prob and has told lies to her boss (BoJo).
I’ll agree on this, she’s a vile and nasty individual.
She's another bad apple and deserves the boot as well, but let's try and stick to Hancock.
I am not sure that they are trying to deflect attention from Mr Hancock and his undoubted wrongdoings.

Someone must have placed the camera there (possibly acting on a tip off from within the Health department) known about the footage, and kept the footage secret between 6th May and now.

So who was it, and why did they choose to make the footage public now?

Not looking at you Mr Cummings at all.

However it happened, Matt Hancock has lost all credibility, and will no doubt resign within days, as it is now impossible for him to carry on with his job.
Well whoever it was has finally done something good for once. I doubt it was Cummings, although I won't rule out him seeing it before the sun published it. If this was Japan, he would've resigned out of pure shame, but we sadly have a different culture where he's allowed to lumber on.
 

AlterEgo

Verified Rep - Wingin' It! Paul Lucas
Joined
30 Dec 2008
Messages
29,663
Location
LBK
17 brave unknown voters who think nothing should happen and Hancock is just a lad. Show thyself :lol:
 

Darandio

Established Member
Joined
24 Feb 2007
Messages
11,145
Location
Redcar
17 brave unknown voters who think nothing should happen and Hancock is just a lad. Show thyself :lol:

Simply click on the number 17 in the poll, all is revealed!

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

I wonder (and will likely never find out, of course) what proportion of "the rest of us" (including the nay-sayers in the public and in the holier-than-thou opposition) have in fact done similar things, regardless of what stage we were at in the pandemic, rules etc. I suspect it's probably quite high.

Most of us I suspect, although it's in no way comparable.
 

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Joined
14 Nov 2011
Messages
13,472
Location
Caerphilly
I notice that Conservative MPs are showing support for Mutt as to be expected. Does that make them as bad as him ?
 

D6130

Established Member
Joined
12 Jan 2021
Messages
9,134
Location
West Yorkshire/Tuscany
I notice that Conservative MPs are showing support for Mutt as to be expected. Does that make them as bad as him ?
There's a quite amusing photo of Hancock and Coledangelo doing the rounds on-line this morning with the caption "After being photographed kissing Matt Hancock, Gina Coledangelo has been advised by experts to self-isolate as she has obviously lost all sense of taste".
 
Last edited:

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Joined
14 Nov 2011
Messages
13,472
Location
Caerphilly
There's a quite amusing photo of Hancock and Colangelo doing the rounds on-line this morning with the caption "After being photographed kissing Matt Hancock, Gina Colangelo has been advised by experts to self-isolate as she has obviously lost all sense of taste".

He's becoming a laughing stock now. If the PM thinks the matter is now closed, I think he's mistaken.
 

Typhoon

Established Member
Joined
2 Nov 2017
Messages
3,540
Location
Kent
There is a case to be made for leaving him in the cabinet. If if you have a barrel of apples and leave the rotten ones in, the contents rot down a hell of a lot quicker than if you take them out.
 

nlogax

Established Member
Joined
29 May 2011
Messages
6,046
Location
Mostly Glasgow-ish. Mostly.
I don't see how he'll be sacked, it'd be a massive act of hypocrisy by the PM considering his own well documented inabilities to keep his trousers zipped.

I don't see him resigning either. He obviously considers his (self perceived) personal success after the vaccination program more important than any expected standards for elected officials. It's going to take an avalanche of dissenting Tory MPs to force a resignation. So far I believe we've had just the one.
 

Baxenden Bank

Established Member
Joined
23 Oct 2013
Messages
4,759
Didn't Hancock cry on telly about how he couldn't see his mum so it proves we're all in this together? Shows where his priorities lie. Time for a quote from his mum.

I had this from Sky News but it is in various places, presumably including the Eastern Daily Press website:
In a report in the Eastern Daily Press on Saturday, North Norfolk MP Mr Baker said: "In my view people in high public office and great positions of responsibility should act with the appropriate morals and ethics that come with that role.
"Matt Hancock, on a number of measures, has fallen short of that. As an MP who is a devoted family man, married for 12 years with a wonderful wife and children, standards and integrity matter to me.

"I will not in any shape condone this behaviour and I have in the strongest possible terms told the government what I think."
Can't really add to that view.
 
Last edited:

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Joined
7 Jun 2014
Messages
14,671
Some locals were interviewed on TV News this evening and were quite supportive of him
Whereas all three locals interviewed for a Radio Four news broadcast were unsupportive, the first of them making clear they'd had a low opinion of him for a long time.

Now we know what M.H. meant when he repeatedly stated he was working 'morning, noon and night' to defeat Covid. M.H. to wife: 'sorry, dear, my aide and I will be hard at it tonight again in the office when all the other slackers have gone home. Don't stay up for me, I'll crawl through the door exhausted when it's all over.' :D
 

hst43102

Member
Joined
28 May 2019
Messages
974
Location
Tyneside
The whole lot need to go. This is getting out of control!
Sorry to say that I voted for this joke of a government.
 

NorthKent1989

Established Member
Joined
13 May 2017
Messages
2,172
The whole lot need to go. This is getting out of control!
Sorry to say that I voted for this joke of a government.

I feel the same, I’ll admit I voted for the Tories in 2019 because I was fed up with the Brexit stalemate….how I long for those days!

Sadly they have an 80 seat majority and with Labour backing them up to the line I can’t see them being ousted out before 2024
 

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Joined
7 Jun 2014
Messages
14,671
It's occurred to me what Hancock was doing in that video ciip - he was actively seeking the Ugandan variation. :D
 

C J Snarzell

Established Member
Joined
11 Apr 2019
Messages
1,517
The whole lot need to go. This is getting out of control!
Sorry to say that I voted for this joke of a government.

I can't see Labour doing any better in government and as another forum member has stated, the Tories seem to have the lion's share of seats.

Given that Labour have been losing safe seats like Leigh and Hartlepool to the Tories, I can't see them toppling their opposition come the next election.

Going back to the original thread - whether Hancock goes voluntarily or not, I do think there needs to be a resuffle in the next few months once most of the Covid agenda is put to bed. Priti Patel, Dominic Raab and Gavin Williamson need to go. Grant Schaaps and George Eustice are at least two I would leave in office.

As for BoJo - maybe he will stick it out until the next general election, but I do think we should have an earlier one scheduled for 2023 instead of 2024.

CJ
 

hst43102

Member
Joined
28 May 2019
Messages
974
Location
Tyneside
I can't see Labour doing any better in government and as another forum member has stated, the Tories seem to have the lion's share of seats.

Given that Labour have been losing safe seats like Leigh and Hartlepool to the Tories, I can't see them toppling their opposition come the next election.

Going back to the original thread - whether Hancock goes voluntarily or not, I do think there needs to be a resuffle in the next few months once most of the Covid agenda is put to bed. Priti Patel, Dominic Raab and Gavin Williamson need to go. Grant Schaaps and George Eustice are at least two I would leave in office.

As for BoJo - maybe he will stick it out until the next general election, but I do think we should have an earlier one scheduled for 2023 instead of 2024.

CJ
I think Labour would probably be worse. Come to think of it, most of the other parties would be worse.
 

brad465

Veteran Member
Joined
11 Aug 2010
Messages
11,562
Location
Taunton or Kent
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top