BlitzFan87
On Moderation
Mass engineering work on the Eccles line starts this weekend
Because there’s not enough M5000s for all lines to be doubles and it would result in far less singles through the city centre. If the Trafford Centre route didn’t terminate at Deansgate it might be different, though I doubt extra capacity would still be better used on the other routes.I've used the Trafford Centre line a few times on a Saturday now, every time I do, it's always full and standing in a way even Crosscountry would be ashamed of, given it's a 10 min frequency, why is it not operated with double trams rather than single?
Presumably they need to order more trams to be able to secure doubles on the Trafford Centre lineBecause there’s not enough M5000s for all lines to be doubles and it would result in far less singles through the city centre. If the Trafford Centre route didn’t terminate at Deansgate it might be different, though I doubt extra capacity would still be better used on the other routes.
I noticed that when I rode that section last Saturday (25th).I've used the Trafford Centre line a few times on a Saturday now, every time I do, it's always full and standing in a way even Crosscountry would be ashamed of, given it's a 10 min frequency, why is it not operated with double trams rather than single?
Walking into MediaCity today I have just seen a double pass by Imperial War Museum.I noticed that when I rode that section last Saturday (25th).
Walking into MediaCity today I have just seen a double pass by Imperial War Museum.
I do wish they had enough M5000s for double sets all round though.
Because there’s not enough M5000s for all lines to be doubles and it would result in far less singles through the city centre. If the Trafford Centre route didn’t terminate at Deansgate it might be different, though I doubt extra capacity would still be better used on the other routes.
That will require ordering more trams and doing some extensive work to the overhead wires as there is not enough trams to run the service beyond DeansgateIs there any plan to extend the Trafford service beyond Deansgate?
Walking into MediaCity today I have just seen a double pass by Imperial War Museum.
I do wish they had enough M5000s for double sets all round though.
Is there any plan to extend the Trafford service beyond Deansgate?
I know one recently came back into service after 5ish years, I think it’s only a couple maybe 3 or 4?Does anybody know how many M5000 trams are out of service ? And is it more than normal?
What reasons are officially given for a repair taking the time period stated above?I know one recently came back into service after 5ish years, I think it’s only a couple maybe 3 or 4?
Which ones in particular?...Some of the stops are falling to pieces...
Which ones in particular?![]()
Not the ugly ass ones on the Trafford Centre lines though PLEASE.We also desperately need new PIDs on some of the busier lines which show all the trams due. St Peters Square is particularly annoying in this regard.
Some of the tram stops could do with a lick of paint. Some have cheap looking (and off-brand) faded blue shelters and lamp posts which look quite dated and somewhat "Sheffield Supertram"My local, Langworthy, for example.
Not the ugly ass ones on the Trafford Centre lines though PLEASE.
.I can't helping thing that while the Bee Network buses are useful, it is trams that actually get people out of their cars and I think it is important that the Metrolink doesn't get neglected. Some of the stops are falling to pieces and it seems there is a desperate need for additional new trams. I am not sure what they could buy though now the M5000 production line has ended. As time goes by we will only end up with less and less working trams due to accidents and more trams requiring major work due to their age.
I am noticing that I am having to stand more and more often on the East Didsbury line
Some of the tram stops could do with a lick of paint. Some have cheap looking (and off-brand) faded blue shelters and lamp posts which look quite dated and somewhat "Sheffield Supertram"My local, Langworthy, for example.
Not the ugly ass ones on the Trafford Centre lines though PLEASE.
What remedy do you propose for the "already got out of their cars" people in the Eccles area. Do you think that they have regretted the decision they made?I can't helping thing that while the Bee Network buses are useful, it is trams that actually get people out of their cars and I think it is important that the Metrolink doesn't get neglected.
I was actually referring to the PIDs here.I don't personally find them ugly, but appearances aside they are far, far better than the original phase three shelters.
What remedy do you propose for the "already got out of their cars" people in the Eccles area. Do you think that they have regretted the decision they made?
Radcliffe, Whitefield, Besses o’ th’ Barn, Prestwich, Heaton ParkWhich ones in particular?![]()
I wonder if the car-driving people in the Greater Manchester area whose towns are nowhere near any Metrolink line, such as Doffcocker, Affetside, Boothstown, etc, have ever given the merest thought about the Metrolink.No but the population of Greater Manchester is rapidly increasing, and the network has to give people a good impression to persuade people to continue doing so. I drive, I drive every day to work because I can only get half way by Metrolink and the buses are still too slow and unreliable. There has been talk of the Metrolink going about 2 miles from where I work but I will probably be retired by the time that happens.
I suppose part of that comes from the fact that these stations still retain quite a bit from their pre-metrolink forms, but I do agree that they sometimes look a bit scruffy.Radcliffe, Whitefield, Besses o’ th’ Barn, Prestwich, Heaton Park