Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!
It's amazing how little has been achieved this year alone. Every time I ride any of my regular lines, I experience 4G stoppage/non existence at some point along the way.
Don’t know if anyone else has picked up on this but the signal coverage on the Jubilee line has got worse this week. On Monday there was no signal at all Westminster - Waterloo, since then it hasn’t been available until after departing Westminster whereas previously it was available in the platform.
I've done precisely the same switch, O2 to 1pM, and the difference is night and day, especially above ground but also on TfL 5G signals. Much like the cell towers above ground, I feel O2 simply have too many customers on not enough infrastructure. Interesting article about speeds on the EL here...
Don’t know if anyone else has picked up on this but the signal coverage on the Jubilee line has got worse this week. On Monday there was no signal at all Westminster - Waterloo, since then it hasn’t been available until after departing Westminster whereas previously it was available in the platform.
The Jubilee line extension was the site of the original trial for mobile coverage on the tube, and was to a lower spec than the later full rollout - mainly, I think because technology got either more compact or cheaper (or probably both!) allowing a higher specification to be viable. Notably the original JLE section didn't have any 5G at all.
So is it possible that they may be upgrading some or all of this older installation to a higher spec? In which case temporary coverage issues could be due to engineering work taking parts of the network down, perhaps?
EDIT TO ADD: I can imagine that Westminster station might be high enough footfall to justify an upgrade to 5G, if they were doing targeted upgrades .
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
I believe there's a lot of work going on behind the scenes, even if there are few visible results. Sections of the network are largely only turned on when they're finished, so I think we might well start to see fairly rapid roll-outs as some of these installations are completed, even if the final deadline does slip slightly.
We are aware of an issue with emails from the Forum to Microsoft-based email accounts (hotmail/outlook/live.com email addresses). This is being looked into currently, thanks for your patience meanwhile.