www.facebook.com
Local trains terminating at Newton Abbot.
Track doesn't looking good condition.5A87 has come off at Goodrington (Paignton) 802105
Most of the local trains seem to be running through to Paignton now.
And dare I say the outcome sort of justifies that risk management. Yes it’s a derailed 800, oh well. No injuries, it needs to be rerailed, costs will come out of other budgets for that along with the urgent and full fix!Oh, i suspect this wasn't "missed", it was likely deliberately "deprioritised" as a cost saving: sidings and shunt routes don't get seem to get much maintenance unless unavoidable. Speeds are low, no passengers involved (except the disruption), only shunt moves & not even freight involved, so where is the priority? Oh yes, disrupting operations. That will be seen as an acceptable risk when budgets are stretched.
They would not have one out this soon, it literally happened yesterday!Have I missed the RAIB report explaining the cause?
Sarcasm alert?They would not have one out this soon, it literally happened yesterday!
Have I missed the RAIB report explaining the cause?
In spoken form, tone of voice and/or body language would give it away; given the forum is text and image based, we ask that the "Sarcasm alert?
No? The incident happened literally the day before , why would a report be issued already.Sarcasm alert?
I am being serious in my reply! Why would a RAIB report (if one was going to be produced) be published less than 24 hours after a derailment.In spoken form, tone of voice and/or body language would give it away; given the forum is text and image based, we ask that the "" icon is used to denote any comment that isn't to be taken seriously.
People started to blame the track, so someone asked if the RAIB report was already released.No? The incident happened literally the day before , why would a report be issued already.
Are you the one being sarcastic? Reports take time, investigations etc! Get real!
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
I am being serious in my reply! Why would a RAIB report (if one was going to be produced) be published less than 24 hours after a derailment.
I think the person replying 'sarcasm' is the one being wrong in there reply!
Investigations take time, certainly more than 24 hours since an incident.
You're being serious in reply to a sarcastic question.I am being serious in my reply!
Except that the derailed train could have ended up foul of the adjacent passenger running line. I understand that the ORR take such incidents more seriously than derailments solely within sidings.Oh, i suspect this wasn't "missed", it was likely deliberately "deprioritised" as a cost saving: sidings and shunt routes don't get seem to get much maintenance unless unavoidable. Speeds are low, no passengers involved (except the disruption), only shunt moves & not even freight involved, so where is the priority? Oh yes, disrupting operations. That will be seen as an acceptable risk when budgets are stretched.
I don't believe there was any adjacent passenger running lines. Its after the station where longer train shunt to run back. In service passenger trains don't go thereExcept that the derailed train could have ended up foul of the adjacent passenger running line. I understand that the ORR take such incidents more seriously than derailments solely within sidings.
The Dartmouth Steam Railway does run on the adjacent line if I recall correctly, though there are often no services as this time of year.I don't believe there was any adjacent passenger running lines. Its after the station where longer train shunt to run back. In service passenger trains don't go there
From a trustworthy source- RAIB have stated their attendance is not necessary.Except that the derailed train could have ended up foul of the adjacent passenger running line. I understand that the ORR take such incidents more seriously than derailments solely within sidings.
That there are no services at this time of year is irrelevant, it is purely fortuitous that the derailment happened now. It could well have happened at a time when there was a DSR passenger train passing on the adjacent line.The Dartmouth Steam Railway does run on the adjacent line if I recall correctly, though there are often no services as this time of year.
RAIB don't attend all incidents, particularly those where the cause is obvious and requires no investigation.From a trustworthy source- RAIB have stated their attendance is not necessary.
This is what happens you cut 'boots on the ground' but employ more managers. Modernising maintenance was not the great thing it promised to be.I find it odd/baffling how NR's inspection regime misses this sort of track deterioration - it doesn't just happen overnight, but over years.
It was a through station originally. Trains arriving can run across into the up platform and depart straight back. Anything else has to do a shunt move and return.I went on the Paignton - kingwear line 2 years ago now, and it Suprised me at the time that trains terminating at Paignton had to run to the sidings to cross platforms . Just always thought Paignton was a true terminating station . There are a number of siding at goodrington sands and they were all rusty .