I understand and respect your points, Mr Pink One, however we need to take a step back here.
Supermarket analogy is rarely a good thing, I acknowledge.
I suggest that in London (or on the first GA train) the OP had no idea that his father would receive a £200 bill plus court threats due to this issue.
Yes to you, this is normal, but to the outside world it isn't.
In tesco (sorry) if you forget something that could cause you to loose 50 points (£5 maybe?) they allow you to correct it next time.
I suspect that if the passenger had been given an UFN for the single, and told to get his railcard for the return else pay £135 (or whatever) he would have called his father and asked for advice.
Supermarket analogy is rarely a good thing, I acknowledge.
I suggest that in London (or on the first GA train) the OP had no idea that his father would receive a £200 bill plus court threats due to this issue.
Yes to you, this is normal, but to the outside world it isn't.
In tesco (sorry) if you forget something that could cause you to loose 50 points (£5 maybe?) they allow you to correct it next time.
I suspect that if the passenger had been given an UFN for the single, and told to get his railcard for the return else pay £135 (or whatever) he would have called his father and asked for advice.
