33011
Member
- Joined
- 8 Sep 2008
- Messages
- 300
What extinct locomotive classes would you have liked to see preserved. I have a liking for the Leader steam loco.
Last edited:
Class 17 - it's an unusual looking locomotive and was in service for less than 5 years on some units.
class 22
A class 17 is already preserved and it is operational. Picture here:
http://railwayherald.com/imagingcentre/view/189804/PL
This could be a long list:
- Falcon
- Lion
- Kestrel
- Non-BR built Warships
- LMS/southern type 4's
- Class 74
- Full APT-P
What about the bulleid double deckers?

Class 70.
First operational British main line electric locomotives.
I think two of the driving motors still survive to this day.![]()
A full apt-P, blue pullman, and the HST prototype.
I can't believe it. I travelled on one of these fifty odd years ago, with my parents. Not a trip specially for this EMU but a day out to "grannies" and this happened to be the train on the return journey.What about the bulleid double deckers?
Much of the prototype HST is still with us.
Dont forget powercar 41001 which is currently been restored to working order and most of the coaches are still in service with East Coast & FGW.
And don't forget in the Royal Train also![]()