Bletchleyite
Veteran Member
To the mods, I'm not sure if this is best in here, in Other Transport or in General so feel free to move accordingly (as I'm sure you will
).
I have wondered if transport safety should really be looked at as a whole, and in what way spending might be different if it was? For instance, might more lives be saved by spending on road junctions and cycle provision than TPWS grids? Or might lowering rail fares and adding cheap capacity (i.e. new basic rolling stock) save lives by getting people to switch from road to rail?
Any thoughts on how this could work?
).This would certainly work, though the huge cost might save more lives were it spent on fixing road junctions with high numbers of serious accidents.
But that would be a different budget…
In reality. It seems we may have been trapped by the ever present. “But ETCS is coming soon to fix that.”
I have wondered if transport safety should really be looked at as a whole, and in what way spending might be different if it was? For instance, might more lives be saved by spending on road junctions and cycle provision than TPWS grids? Or might lowering rail fares and adding cheap capacity (i.e. new basic rolling stock) save lives by getting people to switch from road to rail?
Any thoughts on how this could work?