• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Underground - CSA1 / CSA2 - Recruitment and Discussion

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bluegoblin7

Established Member
Joined
10 May 2011
Messages
2,166
Location
JB
You’re only as good as your last mistake. Things can go wrong and if you don’t follow the rule book you will definitely be up the proverbial creek. This is true of the vast majority of railway jobs.

But it’s also especially true for external recruits who aren’t used to railway life: working for LUL is absolutely a life style choice, and you have to be prepared to make sacrifices. Things like drug & alcohol policies, staff travel facilities and more are totally non-negotiable.
 

Zb0905

Member
Joined
29 Dec 2023
Messages
393
Location
London
Hey guys,
I often hear the phrase “hard job to get, easy job to lose”, what I would like to know is why is working for LU as a csa an easy job to lose?
It’s a safety critical role whatever u do will be heavily scrutinised if you put anyone in danger or fail to follow the rules
 

Queenie

Member
Joined
2 Oct 2025
Messages
36
Location
London
Finally some progress! Documents are being internally checked and sent to REED for external checks!! Keep an eye out for a phone call or email in the upcoming days :)
 

Zb0905

Member
Joined
29 Dec 2023
Messages
393
Location
London
Finally some progress! Documents are being internally checked and sent to REED for external checks!! Keep an eye out for a phone call or email in the upcoming days :)
Is that from when you uploaded and filled in forms ?

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Does anyone know the pay scales for csa 2 and 1
 

Queenie

Member
Joined
2 Oct 2025
Messages
36
Location
London
Sounds good! How do you know, did you get a call?
I did something wrong on my new starter checklist so I got an email from pertemps to correct it. I asked him what’s the current stage of the recruitment process and he said

“
Hi,

Your documents are being checked and then they will be sent to REED for an external check. Once completed, someone from our office will call you to share further information.
Just keep on checking your email in the coming days to get an update.”
 

aimee723

Member
Joined
6 Jun 2025
Messages
40
Location
Hoddesdon
I’ve received an email today from high campaigns asking me to send over my passport again, nominee proof - again and 2 other things. I’ve done all this already. It’s not the same as the previous email with all the other bits. Is this normal? I’m pretty sure I done it all correctly the first time.
 

Zb0905

Member
Joined
29 Dec 2023
Messages
393
Location
London
I’ve received an email today from high campaigns asking me to send over my passport again, nominee proof - again and 2 other things. I’ve done all this already. It’s not the same as the previous email with all the other bits. Is this normal? I’m pretty sure I done it all correctly the first time.
Maybe u didn’t
 

GoldenChef

Member
Joined
3 Dec 2025
Messages
120
Location
East London
Hi All,

Like many others, I haven’t participated but speculated from afar, wish I had found the forum prior to my SBI and roleplay, very valuable info within the forum!

I have gathered that the usual response time people hear back, following the SBI and roleplay, is around 5-7 working days.

I’m aware they say it can take 2 weeks to get back but I just wanted to see how people are getting on more recently.

For reference, I went ashfield house last Friday (28/11) and have not heard back. Don’t want to get my hopes up, I failed the roleplay last time so I was a bag of nerves when they said I passed it this time.

Also, if permitted, I wanted to run my response to the SBI by the group to maybe see if I was on the right lines? From previous replies, I can’t tell if this is allowed or not and I don’t want to violate any rules.

Lastly, randomly, do we have any people who are CSA who’s partner is also a CSA?

Many thanks in advance!!
 

Mawkie

Established Member
Joined
17 Feb 2016
Messages
1,288
I failed the roleplay last time so I was a bag of nerves when they said I passed it this time.
I'm sure others would appreciate it if you could elaborate on your role play.
Also, if permitted, I wanted to run my response to the SBI by the group to maybe see if I was on the right lines? From previous replies, I can’t tell if this is allowed or not and I don’t want to violate any rules.
Not sure there are any rules after 60 pages. Lol. Go for it.
Lastly, randomly, do we have any people who are CSA who’s partner is also a CSA?
It's quite common for partners to work within TfL/LU. Have you got a particular question in mind?
 

GoldenChef

Member
Joined
3 Dec 2025
Messages
120
Location
East London
I'm sure others would appreciate it if you could elaborate on your role play.

Not sure there are any rules after 60 pages. Lol. Go for it.

It's quite common for partners to work within TfL/LU. Have you got a particular question in mind?
Thanks for getting back to me!

I’m going to redact my response for now, I don’t want to jeopardise my application lol. But will give more info once I find out the outcome!!

I cant remember the questions that were asked as there weren’t loads, he had said that I had covered a lot in my presentation.

In terms of the partners thing, I saw a lot of people go in as couples on both the AC1 and the roleplay, I was just curious if people from the same household could apply for the same role or how far it could go really.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

However, I will say that for the SBI, I covered a lot about health and safety, putting provisions in place, in order to protect others, crowd control to manage foot traffic, asking my supervisor to check with other station staff if there is anybody else that could hell cover for a few hours whilst, during the busy period and also, if a situation is escalated, reminding someone that the BTP can be called upon.

I understand it’s hard to tell whether the response was good or not, without knowing the original scenario, but was just wondering if these were valid things to bring up?
 
Last edited:

Mawkie

Established Member
Joined
17 Feb 2016
Messages
1,288
I’m going to redact my response for now, I don’t want to jeopardise my application lol. But will give more info once I find out the outcome!!
That's a good call to be fair.
In terms of the partners thing, I saw a lot of people go in as couples on both the AC1 and the roleplay, I was just curious if people from the same household could apply for the same role or how far it could go really.
Ah, I see. I would say everyone who applies has an equal chance of being successful. Existing staff love to moan about LU, but I always ask them "Oh, didn't you say your sister, mother, son, and uncle work for LU..." So it can't be that bad a place to work.
However, I will say that for the SBI, I covered a lot about health and safety, putting provisions in place, in order to protect others
I'm not on station side anymore*, but my primary thought when I get into work is always the safety of the passengers and staff, and the rule is, "If I can't do it safely, then I can't do it." My primary aim is that every person I interact with during my working day gets to go home and see their family/friends/cat each night. So from the limited information given, it sounds like you were spot on focusing on safety. Good luck.

*I don't have any specific, or recent, experience of recruitment and have never done an SBI!
 

GoldenChef

Member
Joined
3 Dec 2025
Messages
120
Location
East London
Thank you!!! Will certainly post outcome, either way.

Open to anybody else who’s had their outcome already to share their timeline, both successful and unsuccessful!

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Yh. It’s been 10 days
Hey, have you heard back yet?

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

How many days did you wait to find out if you had passed?
 
Last edited:

Queenie

Member
Joined
2 Oct 2025
Messages
36
Location
London
Hi All,

Like many others, I haven’t participated but speculated from afar, wish I had found the forum prior to my SBI and roleplay, very valuable info within the forum!

I have gathered that the usual response time people hear back, following the SBI and roleplay, is around 5-7 working days.

I’m aware they say it can take 2 weeks to get back but I just wanted to see how people are getting on more recently.

For reference, I went ashfield house last Friday (28/11) and have not heard back. Don’t want to get my hopes up, I failed the roleplay last time so I was a bag of nerves when they said I passed it this time.

Also, if permitted, I wanted to run my response to the SBI by the group to maybe see if I was on the right lines? From previous replies, I can’t tell if this is allowed or not and I don’t want to violate any rules.

Lastly, randomly, do we have any people who are CSA who’s partner is also a CSA?

Many thanks in advance!!
My partner is a CSA and we have a small child, I’m quite nervous to be honest I’m not sure how/if it’s going to work but getting the job is hard enough so I’m going to give it a shot and see how we manage
 

GoldenChef

Member
Joined
3 Dec 2025
Messages
120
Location
East London
My partner is a CSA and we have a small child, I’m quite nervous to be honest I’m not sure how/if it’s going to work but getting the job is hard enough so I’m going to give it a shot and see how we manage
Oh bless you, did you pass SBI?
Hopefully your shifts are at different times so you can take turns in childcare (if thats what works for you
of course). I totally get what you mean, just going through with it to see if and what works.

I wonder how open people are to swapping day shifts to evening shifts and vice versa, if swapping shifts is a thing?
 

Zb0905

Member
Joined
29 Dec 2023
Messages
393
Location
London
Oh bless you, did you pass SBI?
Hopefully your shifts are at different times so you can take turns in childcare (if thats what works for you
of course). I totally get what you mean, just going through with it to see if and what works.

I wonder how open people are to swapping day shifts to evening shifts and vice versa, if swapping shifts is a thing?
Swapping shifts is very much a thing and really would say encouraged by staff some people like swapping shifts all the time and even holidays so there is loads of flexibility
 

GoldenChef

Member
Joined
3 Dec 2025
Messages
120
Location
East London
Swapping shifts is very much a thing and really would say encouraged by staff some people like swapping shifts all the time and even holidays so there is loads of flexibility
This is good to know! I’m guessing some people prefer routines so just agree with others on their team.
 

GoldenChef

Member
Joined
3 Dec 2025
Messages
120
Location
East London
U might hear back today also check your spam folder because that’s where I found my offer
How long did you wait before you found out?

It seems like people who got the bad news hear back between 2-5 days, but that’s just me theorising

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

so just way of update, I called recruitment hotline (they answered straight away???) just to check in, after a quick chat, she asked for my details and put on hold, she then came back and had told me to wait for a bit longer, but mentioned “no news is good news”. I had also asked if people are told over the weekend, she had said no. So if it’s not today that I find out, I’m assuming some point next week, but keeping an eye on my junk e-mail too.
 
Last edited:

Zb0905

Member
Joined
29 Dec 2023
Messages
393
Location
London
How long did you wait before you found out?

It seems like people who got the bad news hear back between 2-5 days, but that’s just me theorising

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

so just way of update, I called recruitment hotline (they answered straight away???) just to check in, after a quick chat, she asked for my details and put on hold, she then came back and had told me to wait for a bit longer, but mentioned “no news is good news”. I had also asked if people are told over the weekend, she had said no. So if it’s not today that I find out, I’m assuming some point next week, but keeping an eye on my junk e-mail too.
Exactly a week it took me
 

T103

Member
Joined
17 Apr 2024
Messages
179
Location
London
Does anyone know what the medical assessment involves for a csa2? Do they contact your gp for records?
Nope you go to one of their buildings and it is done there, tests do include eye sight for example, so bring your glasses with you even if you don't wear them all the time.
 

Zb0905

Member
Joined
29 Dec 2023
Messages
393
Location
London
Does anyone who’s been in the two years waiting list and never been offered a role or is that impossible?
 

toobusy31

Member
Joined
16 Sep 2025
Messages
24
Location
london
I’ve received an email today from high campaigns asking me to send over my passport again, nominee proof - again and 2 other things. I’ve done all this already. It’s not the same as the previous email with all the other bits. Is this normal? I’m pretty sure I done it all correctly the first time.
You prob made a mistake on one of the forms. It’s a good thing that’s they’re checking yours now so hopefully theyll get back to you with a training date? Did you get an email from REED yet?
 

aimee723

Member
Joined
6 Jun 2025
Messages
40
Location
Hoddesdon
You prob made a mistake on one of the forms. It’s a good thing that’s they’re checking yours now so hopefully theyll get back to you with a training date? Did you get an email from REED yet?
Yea im guessing I made a couple of errors. No not heard anything from REED. I’ve got aug/sept in my head for training lol. Based on last years wait. But who knows
 

toobusy31

Member
Joined
16 Sep 2025
Messages
24
Location
london
Yea im guessing I made a couple of errors. No not heard anything from REED. I’ve got aug/sept in my head for training lol. Based on last years wait. But who knows
Oh wow Yh they take ages to get through everyone. Fingers crossed you get an earlier date to start training!
 

Top