YayJust got invited to the final stage
YayJust got invited to the final stage
Congrats! Did you get onboarding documents and forms to fill straight away?Hi once you fill out and send back the initial onboarding documents , how long is it usually before you get sent the Reed link ?
It went well I think! Passed the role play and did sbi, just waiting to hear on the outcomeYes next Friday. How did it go today?
What scenario did you get ?Congrats! Did you get onboarding documents and forms to fill straight away?
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
It went well I think! Passed the role play and did sbi, just waiting to hear on the outcome
Let them out the station I guess because you can’t keep them thereHi guys. Just a quick question. If a passenger has no form of valid payment and is tired after work you've run through all possible options like apple pay cash call a friend what do you do. People help!
The passenger wants to tap in and the card ain't working. No alternative payments. Do you let them through open to anyone to answer.Let them out the station I guess because you can’t keep them there
Think about what TfL are selling and then think of the answer. I had a role play where a customer didn’t have their phone, no money on their card, no one to ask etc. I went through every single possibility and finally had to say ‘I’m really sorry I couldn’t be more help, but there’s nothing more I can do’The passenger wants to tap in and the card ain't working. No alternative payments. Do you let them through open to anyone to answer.
Mine was the exact same i went along the lines of alternative payment pretend radio to supervisor but said he's busy with an incident then call a friend she said use the key to let me through I said I cant as its for emergencies. In the end she said there's nothing you can do I said no sorry. I failed. Any tips?Think about what TfL are selling and then think of the answer. I had a role play where a customer didn’t have their phone, no money on their card, no one to ask etc. I went through every single possibility and finally had to say ‘I’m really sorry I couldn’t be more help, but there’s nothing more I can do’
...Mine was the exact same i went along the lines of alternative payment pretend radio to supervisor but said he's busy with an incident then call a friend she said use the key to let me through I said I cant as its for emergencies. In the end she said there's nothing you can do I said no sorry. I failed. Any tips?
how long did it take to get your conditional offer from interview and congrats againHi
Also just got a conditional offer.
Thank you to all who gave hints and tips.
Ah I see. In this case I was told to get the supervisor and there were only 2 of us in the room haha so I just pretend radio and said he was busy. She was very tired after work so I do see your point of duty of care.My friend is a supervisor for TFL I’ve just asked her and if you have tried all the payment options etc then ask for supervisor and they have a form called an inability to pay that they can carry on their journey. If the supervisor is busy then you can let them through the gate to get home and just call/radio the station ahead where they are getting off. It’s a duty of care too to make sure vulnerable people are safe in circumstances like that.
Thanks.s
how long did it take to get your conditional offer from interview and congrats again
I really couldn’t tell you as I passed. I was told I had another staff member but I was expected to handle it alone. Were you told the same?Mine was the exact same i went along the lines of alternative payment pretend radio to supervisor but said he's busy with an incident then call a friend she said use the key to let me through I said I cant as its for emergencies. In the end she said there's nothing you can do I said no sorry. I failed. Any tips?
Didn't say anything regarding that but assume it was meant to be done by myself. Lady did say shes so tired so maybe duty of care would've kicked in then. Your customer service skills were probably much better than mine then hahaI really couldn’t tell you as I passed. I was told I had another staff member but I was expected to handle it alone. Were you told the same?
I was extremely sympathetic and gave A LOT of options so I really was at a loss. It was to the point where even I thought ‘my god do I just let the poor woman through?!’ LolDidn't say anything regarding that but assume it was meant to be done by myself. Lady did say shes so tired so maybe duty of care would've kicked in then. Your customer service skills were probably much better than mine then haha
Any advice for the sbi and don’t they normally call you before sending your offerThanks.
1 week.
After all the options offered of payment refused. Do you have to radio in the supervisor to get permission to allow her to go through without ticket? Or would you pretend to radio in the chosen destination gateline and tell them a person of that description coming and to allow them through without ticket?Ah I see. In this case I was told to get the supervisor and there were only 2 of us in the room haha so I just pretend radio and said he was busy. She was very tired after work so I do see your point of duty of care.
So in a scenario with the two of you at the last possible action do you radio through and pretend they said yeah.Contact the Supervisor. To be honest, nowadays even in reality this is what CSAs are expected to do - you’re not paid to make these decisions.
Is that how you would answer if you would do the role play scenario?Contact the Supervisor. To be honest, nowadays even in reality this is what CSAs are expected to do - you’re not paid to make these decisions.
Didn't get a call. Just an email in junk folder.Any advice for the sbi and don’t they normally call you before sending your offer
Your spam folder no way, oh ok that sounds pretty straightforward I have mine next Thursday so hopefully should be goodDidn't get a call. Just an email in junk folder.
Advice for SBI
Read the brief you're given, there's plenty of time. Make notes regarding what you want to say/what you would do in the situation.
You may be asked to justify your course of action and the order you do consecutive tasks.
Refer answers to TFL values that you will have in front of you.
I was asked one question about customer service experience in previous employment.
And finally; just keep calm and don't stress. Interviewers I had were fair and easy going.
Best of luck
How long did it take them to send you a reed link ?Didn't get a call. Just an email in junk folder.
Advice for SBI
Read the brief you're given, there's plenty of time. Make notes regarding what you want to say/what you would do in the situation.
You may be asked to justify your course of action and the order you do consecutive tasks.
Refer answers to TFL values that you will have in front of you.
I was asked one question about customer service experience in previous employment.
And finally; just keep calm and don't stress. Interviewers I had were fair and easy going.
Best of luck
Anyone recently did this role play and passed, would you be able to answer that? Would really appreciate itIs that how you would answer if you would do the role play scenario?
Just got a conditional offer! My scenario was pretty hectic. Train delayed 20 mins and next one was coming in 5, platform was busy as people were congregating near stairs/escalator and screens but other end of the platform was empty. Then someone dropped a hot drink on another passenger and a they started getting rowdy with each other. Spent the whole time talking about the scenario as there was so much going on, they didn’t have time to ask my about myself or my current role but I managed to slide it in there. All in all it was abit hectic, I have seen some easier scenarios on here but I guess I handled it well enough to get the role!What scenario did you get ?
Damn u really got it all congrats on the offer againJust got a conditional offer! My scenario was pretty hectic. Train delayed 20 mins and next one was coming in 5, platform was busy as people were congregating near stairs/escalator and screens but other end of the platform was empty. Then someone dropped a hot drink on another passenger and a they started getting rowdy with each other. Spent the whole time talking about the scenario as there was so much going on, they didn’t have time to ask my about myself or my current role but I managed to slide it in there. All in all it was abit hectic, I have seen some easier scenarios on here but I guess I handled it well enough to get the role!
What did you have for the roleplay?Just got a conditional offer! My scenario was pretty hectic. Train delayed 20 mins and next one was coming in 5, platform was busy as people were congregating near stairs/escalator and screens but other end of the platform was empty. Then someone dropped a hot drink on another passenger and a they started getting rowdy with each other. Spent the whole time talking about the scenario as there was so much going on, they didn’t have time to ask my about myself or my current role but I managed to slide it in there. All in all it was abit hectic, I have seen some easier scenarios on here but I guess I handled it well enough to get the role!
Customer came in and 2/3 lines at the station were suspended, he was quite frantic and had somewhere to be for work. Introduced myself, re routed him using the provided map on the wall, checked his ticket was valid for the new route, apologised for the disruption and told him to check live updates the morning of his travel as he mentioned he checked a few days ago, wished him a good rest of his dayWhat did you have for the roleplay?
