So when she asked if there’s anything else you could do, what should you have said?Sigh.. I did everything I could, she asked if there was anything I could do i said unfortunately not. And I failed. Wish there was feedback
So when she asked if there’s anything else you could do, what should you have said?Sigh.. I did everything I could, she asked if there was anything I could do i said unfortunately not. And I failed. Wish there was feedback
Yeah It does make senseYes, you are trained to CSA1 level, but leave as a CSA2, but licensed CSA1- if that makes sense.
You know you can ask chat gpt and see if that comes up with anythingSo when she asked if there’s anything else you could do, what should you have said?
Was given no reason just that it had been cancelled I’m so confusedWhy was it cancelled?
I think as long as you’re showing empathy, care and a willingness to help even if you can’t provide a solution at least you tried.Sigh.. I did everything I could, she asked if there was anything I could do i said unfortunately not. And I failed. Wish there was feedback
I think this is the best advice on the forum. LU want you to be a human being to another human being. You will come across many situations in your working life where you can't "solve" it.I think as long as you’re showing empathy, care and a willingness to help even if you can’t provide a solution at least you tried.
I had a similar scenario where she had no means of payment but I spent a good 10 mins with her trying to figure out a solution. Offered to call her cab, offered to charge her phone, “Spoke” to my supervisor etc
Ultimately, there was nothing more I could do so had to obviously refuse her travel explaining why (bear in mind she was in a rush to catch a flight) and wished her the best.
I thought I failed because I couldn’t help her so imagine my surprise when I passed.
A lot of answers are on the TfL website tooCan anyone share tips for a lost property role play? I failed last year because I panicked when it came up unexpectedly. The actress was very agitated, and I focused more on calming her down than actually solving the issue. Hoping I don’t get it again, but I want to be prepared this time.
Do you get told you pass right after the interview?I think as long as you’re showing empathy, care and a willingness to help even if you can’t provide a solution at least you tried.
I had a similar scenario where she had no means of payment but I spent a good 10 mins with her trying to figure out a solution. Offered to call her cab, offered to charge her phone, “Spoke” to my supervisor etc
Ultimately, there was nothing more I could do so had to obviously refuse her travel explaining why (bear in mind she was in a rush to catch a flight) and wished her the best.
I thought I failed because I couldn’t help her so imagine my surprise when I passed.
For role play you wait 15m after and they tell you if you passed or failed. My friend passed both and found out on the day.Do you get told you pass right after the interview?
oh ok so you find out if you pass and get the job on the day.For role play you wait 15m after and they tell you if you passed or failed. My friend passed both and found out on the day.
No.oh ok so you find out if you pass and get the job on the day.
So after you do your SBI you don’t know if you passed or not? You go home and they will contact you if you passed or failed?No.
You will find out if you pass the role-play on the day, and if you do pass the role-play you move onto the SBI - Scenario Based Interview. If you fail the role-play you will be sent home.
There is generally a wait between completing the SBI and finding out if you'll be offered a job.
Mines been cancelled on the 12th also. I got an email shortly after to re arrange. Did you get one yet?I just had an email saying that my assessment day on the 12th has been cancelled but It won’t let me rebook is there any way I can contact them to rearrange?
So after you do your SBI you don’t know if you passed or not? You go home and they will contact you if you passed or failed?
4 weeklyHow frequently are CSAs paid? (Monthly, 4-weekly, etc.)
If paid monthly, is there a specific payment day each month (e.g. the last working day of the month)?
As soon as you start the direct debit youe apart of a union@bluegoblin7
If we join a union on our first day of training, will we be part of it straight away? Or is it conditional on the basis we pass training?
Your union membership legally starts the moment you hand your application form to a rep, or submit it online.@bluegoblin7
If we join a union on our first day of training, will we be part of it straight away? Or is it conditional on the basis we pass training?
Yh as myself I got told on the day but I heard some people didn’t so I guess it’s randomNo.
You will find out if you pass the role-play on the day, and if you do pass the role-play you move onto the SBI - Scenario Based Interview. If you fail the role-play you will be sent home.
There is generally a wait between completing the SBI and finding out if you'll be offered a job.
As I said…Yh as myself I got told on the day but I heard some people didn’t so I guess it’s random
…the recruitment standards are quite clear that an on the day outcome should not be given, or indeed expected, however it is not unknown for it to happen where a candidate has significantly exceeded the benchmark. In my most recent (internal) assessment the subject matter expert made it very clear I had passed and was hastily chastised and walked back by the recruitment expert.There have been some reports of people getting an outcome after the SBI, but it is not the norm and is not something you should expect.
So what you’re saying is I significantly exceeded the benchmark?As I said…
…the recruitment standards are quite clear that an on the day outcome should not be given, or indeed expected, however it is not unknown for it to happen where a candidate has significantly exceeded the benchmark. In my most recent (internal) assessment the subject matter expert made it very clear I had passed and was hastily chastised and walked back by the recruitment expert.
It certainly isn’t the norm nor something that any prospective candidate should expect, especially not at the very beginning of a new campaign where some of the benchmarks are still to be determined (they are somewhat dynamic dependent on the calibre of applicants).
Yes BTP is British transport police in my role play I had to say about them and as being a constable with them it did help me when explaining to the customer what would happen if they didn’t stop what they was doing so the answer is yes you can say BTPis BTP British transport police? In the roleplay/ interview should I say BTP?
Oh ok just wanted to know whether to refer to them as BTP or British transport policeYes BTP is British transport police in my role play I had to say about them and as being a constable with them it did help me when explaining to the customer what would happen if they didn’t stop what they was doing so the answer is yes you can say BTP