gjeffery68
Member
Hi all just wondering if you buy your own boots do they have to be steel toe cap ? Or can it be any
I don’t think soHi I have also applied for Customer Experience Assistant for GTS. Starting £30k salary. Does anyone know if there is progression in this role also? Does it increase to 40k like CSA1??
Thanks.
You will be provided with appropriate footwear as part of your uniform, however if you want to purchase your own you can - however, they must not contain any metal. There is no requirement for CSAs to wear protective footwear, but if you do want such then you must ensure they are made of a composite material.Hi all just wondering if you buy your own boots do they have to be steel toe cap ? Or can it be any
With the CEA GTS role, in the central section there are addons which once you finish training add up to a decent salary.Hi I have also applied for Customer Experience Assistant for GTS. Starting £30k salary. Does anyone know if there is progression in this role also? Does it increase to 40k like CSA1??
Thanks.
Brilliant thank you !You will be provided with appropriate footwear as part of your uniform, however if you want to purchase your own you can - however, they must not contain any metal. There is no requirement for CSAs to wear protective footwear, but if you do want such then you must ensure they are made of a composite material.
CSA2s don't routinely access the track environment, but once you get your CSA1 license you will be qualified to do so - and may be expected to if higher grade working, or once promoted. Having incorrect footwear would prevent you from doing so, and this could lead to performance/disciplinary action
Entirely depends on where you want to nominate, but unless it's for Night Tube it's generally years.Anyone know the waiting list time for nominating for part time
Yeah for night tube is that fairly quick ?Entirely depends on where you want to nominate, but unless it's for Night Tube it's generally years.
I’ve also got an interview for a couple of weeks time. Applied on the 13th aug, received email to do the assessment on the 18th(done that on the 19th), msg to say passed on 22nd n booked interview!Guys I got invited to interview I just booked my slot. So it took 5 working days to get back to me after I completed the online assessment.
Any tips for this interview? Is it the interview first or the roleplay?
I done mine on the Tuesday too and still waitingI’ve also got an interview for a couple of weeks time. Applied on the 13th aug, received email to do the assessment on the 18th(done that on the 19th), msg to say passed on 22nd n booked interview!
Thanks for the reply, is there good progression like TFL?With the CEA GTS role, in the central section there are addons which once you finish training add up to a decent salary.
These addons are competency based and you also get paid for your Sundays that are on the base roster and some sort of night allowance as well. With all that included you’re looking at £35-37K approx.
Hi I have also applied for Customer Experience Assistant for GTS. Starting £30k salary. Does anyone know if there is progression in this role also? Does it increase to 40k like CSA1??
Thanks.
Thanks for the reply, is there good progression like TFL?
You will still be tied in to full time for at least 12-18 months. I'm not sure why you'd apply for a full time job if you want to go part time as soon as possible, though - it's certainly not an attitude that will help you getting hired, or indeed pass your probation.Yeah for night tube is that fairly quick ?
I didn’t say I wanted part time immediately I was just asking the waiting times for the part time list ?You will still be tied in to full time for at least 12-18 months. I'm not sure why you'd apply for a full time job if you want to go part time as soon as possible, though - it's certainly not an attitude that will help you getting hired, or indeed pass your probation.
Going off this thread, it takes at least a few days. Also, I did my online assessment on Saturday, and it said the same. Still waiting to hear my result. Good luckWhen you complete the online games assessment does it tell you if you pass or fail there and then. It says my assesment is complete but im worried it actually refreshed and caused an error
Takes about a week I thinkWhen you complete the online games assessment does it tell you if you pass or fail there and then. It says my assesment is complete but im worried it actually refreshed and caused an error
You are giving a TfL map and questions which you have to answer about it, it maybe what zone is a station in or stops between 2 stations. Nothing that you can fully revise for, maybe get used to the map. When I did it, you had to practise questions first to make sure you understand, first. These tests are timed so you need to work/figure quickly.Hi all hope you’re well. I’m new to this forum type thing but got told to use it as I have my interview this upcoming Friday after completing both online assessments. Just wanted to ask for help on what will happen through the day. I know about the role plays and I’ve been studying for that. But I’ve seen some people mention the thing about the “maps” what is that about ?
Okay thank you for your replyYou are giving a TfL map and questions which you have to answer about it, it maybe what zone is a station in or stops between 2 stations. Nothing that you can fully revise for, maybe get used to the map. When I did it, you had to practise questions first to make sure you understand, first. These tests are timed so you need to work/figure quickly.
CongratsFinally got a reply saying I passed booked for staged two in October

Does anyone know of anyone who has been through this process of CSA2 and got the job earlier than 1 year waiting time?
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
Also I heard that you get 10 weeks annual leave? Is this true?
Leave entitlement runs to calendar year and will be pro-rated to start date - for CSA2s the full leave entitlement is 37 days, so I would estimate the leave available for an October being somewhere around the 7-9 days mark.
The delay shouldn’t be as long, but the advert is very clear that you are applying into a long waiting list and not for immediate start.