• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Underground - CSA1 / CSA2 - Recruitment and Discussion

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mold26

Member
Joined
9 May 2025
Messages
8
Location
kent
4th September offer 2024 and just received the call! My start date is 13th October. I was offered a few dates in September but due to holiday end of September I couldn’t accept those. I have to redo my REED screening and drug and alcohol test.
 

ac2552

Member
Joined
26 Jul 2024
Messages
114
Location
Hertfordshire
4th September offer 2024 and just received the call! My start date is 13th October. I was offered a few dates in September but due to holiday end of September I couldn’t accept those. I have to redo my REED screening and drug and alcohol test.
Congrats!

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Not sure if anyone can confirm, but the 75% off national rail season tickets.. is that in force now? If so could I get that after first day of training? :)
 
Last edited:

bluegoblin7

Established Member
Joined
10 May 2011
Messages
2,166
Location
JB
Not sure if anyone can confirm, but the 75% off national rail season tickets.. is that in force now? If so could I get that after first day of training? :)
Yes and no - I think you may have got some wires crossed.

'Priv ratę'/75% discounted seasons have always been available in some form or another, but the exact set-up depends on which TOC/route you're looking to use. Some are a straight 75% discount, some involve a loan - it's too complex to explain properly here without specifics, but you can fill out the paperwork and make your application on day one. It takes a few weeks to come through, however.

In terms of Priv/75% discount in general (on leisure travel), implementation is still on going with no estimate at the moment.
 

Zb0905

Member
Joined
29 Dec 2023
Messages
393
Location
London
Yes and no - I think you may have got some wires crossed.

'Priv ratę'/75% discounted seasons have always been available in some form or another, but the exact set-up depends on which TOC/route you're looking to use. Some are a straight 75% discount, some involve a loan - it's too complex to explain properly here without specifics, but you can fill out the paperwork and make your application on day one. It takes a few weeks to come through, however.

In terms of Priv/75% discount in general (on leisure travel), implementation is still on going with no estimate at the moment.
So they are going to introduce it for leisure travel too ?
 

ac2552

Member
Joined
26 Jul 2024
Messages
114
Location
Hertfordshire
Yes and no - I think you may have got some wires crossed.

'Priv ratę'/75% discounted seasons have always been available in some form or another, but the exact set-up depends on which TOC/route you're looking to use. Some are a straight 75% discount, some involve a loan - it's too complex to explain properly here without specifics, but you can fill out the paperwork and make your application on day one. It takes a few weeks to come through, however.

In terms of Priv/75% discount in general (on leisure travel), implementation is still on going with no estimate at the moment.
That’s perfect, thanks so much! (It won’t be used for leisure, just work! I much prefer driving to using trains but if it’s cheaper for me to travel in when I can, I will be)
 

vicline

Member
Joined
9 Aug 2024
Messages
45
Location
London
10th Sept Offer and I have finally received my start date for 15th September. Anyone else starting that week?

Thanks again to everyone who helped and made this wait a little more bearable.
 

MadmaxX19

Member
Joined
10 Nov 2021
Messages
9
Location
London
10th Sept Offer and I have finally received my start date for 15th September. Anyone else starting that week?

Thanks again to everyone who helped and made this wait a little more bearable.
Congratulations! My offer date was just a few days after yours, so the wait is almost over for me too.”
Were you asked to redo the screening, drug and alcohol test?
 

gjeffery68

Member
Joined
11 Sep 2024
Messages
53
Location
london
10th Sept Offer and I have finally received my start date for 15th September. Anyone else starting that week?

Thanks again to everyone who helped and made this wait a little more bearable.
Congrats did they give you any other dates ? And I’m September the 17 so I’m hoping now long now
 

vicline

Member
Joined
9 Aug 2024
Messages
45
Location
London
Congratulations! My offer date was just a few days after yours, so the wait is almost over for me too.”
Were you asked to redo the screening, drug and alcohol test?
Thanks! Yes I have to do DBS and D&A test again

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Congrats did they give you any other dates ? And I’m September the 17 so I’m hoping now long now
Thank you! Sept 15th was the earliest but they had later dates in sept and oct
 
Last edited:

gjeffery68

Member
Joined
11 Sep 2024
Messages
53
Location
london
So today is the day I received the call for a start date my offer was 17th September and I start on the22nd of September to been about a year start to finish over the moon! Have to re do reed screening and DBS
 

amazonFBA

Member
Joined
10 Jun 2024
Messages
9
Location
London
I’m a night tube applicant. I understand we can swap stations but it must be with someone in the same training cohort, which I assume means only with other night tube staff not day staff. Is that correct? The cohorts seems to include both night and day applicants.
 

bluegoblin7

Established Member
Joined
10 May 2011
Messages
2,166
Location
JB
Yes, if you have applied for Night Tube you will only be able to swap with Night Tube.
 

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Quizmaster
Joined
21 Jan 2010
Messages
5,579
Can someone make a 2025/26 campaign forum for this csa role
Will be a continuation of this discussion - the forum is moving away from creating new threads for each vacancy instead having ongoing discussions.
 

joestevenson13

New Member
Joined
29 Jun 2025
Messages
2
Location
London
Just applied, just wanted to ask for any tips or advice for the online assessment they said that comes after the application, and the assessment centre, the whole process really. As there’s many here who were successful with last year’s applications.
 

gjeffery68

Member
Joined
11 Sep 2024
Messages
53
Location
london
Just applied, just wanted to ask for any tips or advice for the online assessment they said that comes after the application, and the assessment centre, the whole process really. As there’s many here who were successful with last year’s application
I applied last year and have a start date next month. Go throught this forum from start to finish. I researched this forum and tbh with you most of the knowledge you need is in here this forum is one of the main reasons I passed all my assessments first time round. Research the role also take a good look at the job description because when it comes to your interview they will test you on it. Good luck!
 

ac2552

Member
Joined
26 Jul 2024
Messages
114
Location
Hertfordshire
Just applied, just wanted to ask for any tips or advice for the online assessment they said that comes after the application, and the assessment centre, the whole process really. As there’s many here who were successful with last year’s applications.
Good luck!

This forum and a previous forum has all the answers you’d ever need. I actually think I got the job because of the amount of detail I found from the other forum.

It really did me such a favour for my role play and SBI :)
 

james331

Member
Joined
22 Sep 2024
Messages
7
Location
london
not sure how they can open a new campaign when there's people still waiting for their training dates from their 2024 campaign
 

Top