Nope, I was working in hospitality.Just wanted to ask, all the new guys that got offered CSA 2 job, have you guys got railways background or even work for MTR?
Is it easier to pass if your for example ex MTR staff to get the job?
Same, checks completed on Wednesday. Medical done, so we should hopefully hear back in regards to a training date soon!
What’s the government gateway ID for? Everything is done through Reed’s online system iircHi all. Tried to search through this forum but having no luck with the REED application (will contact TfL soon). Setup my government gateway ID but the links provided to me to setup my account do not work at all (is it because its a Saturday?). The following error message keeps popping up:
You cannot access the service from this page
To access this service, you must return to the government page you came from and start again.
You can also start again from the GOV.UK home page.
You might need your Government Gateway user ID and password.
Make sure your web browser can accept cookies.
I need to send everything by Monday but was wondering if anyone else is having issues with starting the REED process as well?
My role is CSA1 Night Tube.
The government gateway has nothing to do with TfL. You need to download the past 5 years? Of your work?? You should have this when signing up to start working as it is also your NI number.Hi all. Tried to search through this forum but having no luck with the REED application (will contact TfL soon). Setup my government gateway ID but the links provided to me to setup my account do not work at all (is it because its a Saturday?). The following error message keeps popping up:
You cannot access the service from this page
To access this service, you must return to the government page you came from and start again.
You can also start again from the GOV.UK home page.
You might need your Government Gateway user ID and password.
Make sure your web browser can accept cookies.
I need to send everything by Monday but was wondering if anyone else is having issues with starting the REED process as well?
My role is CSA1 Night Tube.
You don't have to use their link for gateway.Hi all. Tried to search through this forum but having no luck with the REED application (will contact TfL soon). Setup my government gateway ID but the links provided to me to setup my account do not work at all (is it because its a Saturday?). The following error message keeps popping up:
You cannot access the service from this page
To access this service, you must return to the government page you came from and start again.
You can also start again from the GOV.UK home page.
You might need your Government Gateway user ID and password.
Make sure your web browser can accept cookies.
I need to send everything by Monday but was wondering if anyone else is having issues with starting the REED process as well?
My role is CSA1 Night Tube.
Wanted to ask you how long did you have to wait to actually start the role after all the checks and screening , because my reed screening is complete but they won’t offer me a medical yet as they are saying it’s too early for me yetWhat’s the government gateway ID for? Everything is done through Reed’s online system iirc
Sorry, this will be my first paid job so I am bit confused with the whole thing (never had any income tax forms etc...). Followed all instructions on the link given to me on my offer email via the downloading instructions.The government gateway has nothing to do with TfL. You need to download the past 5 years? Of your work?? You should have this when signing up to start working as it is also your NI number.
Just login to GOV.UK and login HMRC, and follow the instructions you were given on your onboarding documents.
I've done this but I have had no taxable income ever, all I have is my NI number. Perhaps this is the reason why I may be facing some issues.You don't have to use their link for gateway.
https://www.gov.uk/log-in-register-hmrc-online-services
It's the same link as what people generally use . I have copied the link above for you . Try using different browser. May be Google Chrome?
If above link doesn't work . Just Google HMRC Gateway and it should come up .
So have you just come out of education then, presume you have.Sorry, this will be my first paid job so I am bit confused with the whole thing (never had any income tax forms etc...). Followed all instructions on the link given to me on my offer email via the downloading instructions.
I've done this but I have had no taxable income ever, all I have is my NI number. Perhaps this is the reason why I may be facing some issues.
It is okay not to have taxable income. Submit the blank tax history as it's shown after you login. All they have to see is that you don't have any other employment or benefits other than what you have declared to them .I've done this but I have had no taxable income ever, all I have is my NI number. Perhaps this is the reason why I may be facing some issues.
Yep, when i was asked for the medical test, it was showing as (checks sent) but then a day or two later it was all final step/stages completed.I'm confused, the lady at TfL just said to me that I will only recieve an Occupational Health test after the screening has come back, and close to my training start date, but people on this forum say they've been offered the test before their screening is even finished? Sick of all this uncertainty, it's been over a month since I've been offered the role. I'm further ahead in my screening ('Checks sent') than many have been when they have been offered the test.
When did you pass your SBI?Yep, when i was asked for the medical test, it was showing as (checks sent) but then a day or two later it was all final step/stages completed.
All the final steps- was completed in one. Just waiting now for the training date. Almost 2 weeks since my medical check.
Mid June, but it took a while for onboarding documents to be sent. Had to call and chase it up.When did you pass your SBI?
I’m in the same position as you mate but my screening is done I’m just waiting for a medical date . I called saying that all my checks are complete but they said they can’t offer me a date yet as it’s too early for me and will offer it closer to my training dateI'm confused, the lady at TfL just said to me that I will only recieve an Occupational Health test after the screening has come back, and close to my training start date, but people on this forum say they've been offered the test before their screening is even finished? Sick of all this uncertainty, it's been over a month since I've been offered the role. I'm further ahead in my screening ('Checks sent') than many have been when they have been offered the test.
I probably have a while to wait then - I passed on August 2nd. This is such a frustrating and long processMid June, but it took a while for onboarding documents to be sent. Had to call and chase it up.
The woman at TfL onboarding told me today that there were upcoming dates around November that would be offered to people who passed in June. This is just what one person told me though. I passed in August so may well have to wait until early 2025 myself at this rateHi, has anyone got training dates for October or November? I got conditional offer in June. Reed and medical assessment was completed in mid August and all i am hearing now is wait for their call.
Please read back following conversations and 2022/2023 posts, the role play changes each time and the different scenarios can be found there. You need to do research, same with SBI there are about 7 different ones that is picked randomly.Hi guys, I have a role play on Wednesday. If anyone has done the role play in September, do you know what scenario is. I really want to go in fully prepared.
It certainly is, but we just need to hold on. Hopefully I will get the training course date soon.I probably have a while to wait then - I passed on August 2nd. This is such a frustrating and long process![]()
After you passed your sbi, how long did it take for your onboarding documents to come through? And have your reference checks been completed yet?The woman at TfL onboarding told me today that there were upcoming dates around November that would be offered to people who passed in June. This is just what one person told me though. I passed in August so may well have to wait until early 2025 myself at this rate
I've done it twice. First time was a homeless person who didn't have money for a ticket. She was asking for money in the station & also vaping in the station. And the second time, was a lady who was attempting to use a contactless card to go through the ticket barriers, but her card wasn't working.Hi guys, I have a role play on Wednesday. If anyone has done the role play in September, do you know what scenario is. I really want to go in fully prepared.
I was booked in for a medical before my screening was even completed.Wanted to ask you how long did you have to wait to actually start the role after all the checks and screening , because my reed screening is complete but they won’t offer me a medical yet as they are saying it’s too early for me yet
Yeah same here, offered the role in June, did my medical 2 weeks ago.I was booked in for a medical before my screening was even completed.
However, as someone did mention. I believe medical checks are given to those higher up on the waiting list and to those are who likely to get a starting date soon.
I know that myself and @Tobes1994 had been given a medical date, possibly due to us receiving an offer in June. From my understanding, I believe you might of received your offer later than June, hence why they are saying it is too early for you to be booked in.
But I would not recommend rehearsing too much, as you are not sure what the actor will say/do.After you passed your sbi, how long did it take for your onboarding documents to come through? And have your reference checks been completed yet?
I've done it twice. First time was a homeless person who didn't have money for a ticket. She was asking for money in the station & also vaping in the station. And the second time, was a lady who was attempting to use a contactless card to go through the ticket barriers, but her card wasn't working.
There's a range of scenarios or be honest, and you never know what you're going to get on the day. Some scenarios are simpler to deal with than others. I passed both times, but as we don't get feedback, I'm not exactly sure what did it for me.
I just immersed myself in the role. I had a lot of experience in customer service based roles, so that helped. I also made sure to try and resolve the issue myself, as opposed to passing the customer onto a colleague/superior. And at the end of it, I made sure to clearly explain to the customer how and why I resolved the issue in the manner which I did.
Yh mid October got offered this position in JuneHi, has anyone got training dates for October or November? I got conditional offer in June. Reed and medical assessment was completed in mid August and all i am hearing now is wait for their call.
Hopefully won't be far behind- how long after your medical check did you get your start date?Yh mid October got offered this position in June
Once I done my medical I think it was a week laterHopefully won't be far behind- how long after your medical check did you get your start date?
Onboarding documents took 6 working days. Reference checks I THINK are done - it's a little unclear. Just got to complete 'quality checks' now.After you passed your sbi, how long did it take for your onboarding documents to come through? And have your reference checks been completed yet?
I've done it twice. First time was a homeless person who didn't have money for a ticket. She was asking for money in the station & also vaping in the station. And the second time, was a lady who was attempting to use a contactless card to go through the ticket barriers, but her card wasn't working.
There's a range of scenarios or be honest, and you never know what you're going to get on the day. Some scenarios are simpler to deal with than others. I passed both times, but as we don't get feedback, I'm not exactly sure what did it for me.
I just immersed myself in the role. I had a lot of experience in customer service based roles, so that helped. I also made sure to try and resolve the issue myself, as opposed to passing the customer onto a colleague/superior. And at the end of it, I made sure to clearly explain to the customer how and why I resolved the issue in the manner which I did.
When in June if you don’t mind me asking?Yh mid October got offered this position in June
When in June if you don’t mind me asking?
I know how you feel, I was offered the conditional offer last October and only started Reed screening checks last month. (For night tube).I'm confused, the lady at TfL just said to me that I will only recieve an Occupational Health test after the screening has come back, and close to my training start date, but people on this forum say they've been offered the test before their screening is even finished? Sick of all this uncertainty, it's been over a month since I've been offered the role. I'm further ahead in my screening ('Checks sent') than many have been when they have been offered the test.