• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Underground - CSA1 / CSA2 - Recruitment and Discussion

Burry

Member
Joined
4 Jun 2024
Messages
104
Location
london
Just wanted to ask, all the new guys that got offered CSA 2 job, have you guys got railways background or even work for MTR?
Is it easier to pass if your for example ex MTR staff to get the job?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T103

Member
Joined
17 Apr 2024
Messages
179
Location
London
Just wanted to ask, all the new guys that got offered CSA 2 job, have you guys got railways background or even work for MTR?
Is it easier to pass if your for example ex MTR staff to get the job?
Nope, I was working in hospitality.
 

eastldn12

Member
Joined
26 Jan 2024
Messages
57
Location
London
Same, checks completed on Wednesday. Medical done, so we should hopefully hear back in regards to a training date soon!

Hi all. Tried to search through this forum but having no luck with the REED application (will contact TfL soon). Setup my government gateway ID but the links provided to me to setup my account do not work at all (is it because its a Saturday?). The following error message keeps popping up:


You cannot access the service from this page​

To access this service, you must return to the government page you came from and start again.

You can also start again from the GOV.UK home page.

You might need your Government Gateway user ID and password.

Make sure your web browser can accept cookies.



I need to send everything by Monday but was wondering if anyone else is having issues with starting the REED process as well?
My role is CSA1 Night Tube.
What’s the government gateway ID for? Everything is done through Reed’s online system iirc
 
Last edited:

T103

Member
Joined
17 Apr 2024
Messages
179
Location
London
Hi all. Tried to search through this forum but having no luck with the REED application (will contact TfL soon). Setup my government gateway ID but the links provided to me to setup my account do not work at all (is it because its a Saturday?). The following error message keeps popping up:


You cannot access the service from this page​

To access this service, you must return to the government page you came from and start again.

You can also start again from the GOV.UK home page.

You might need your Government Gateway user ID and password.

Make sure your web browser can accept cookies.



I need to send everything by Monday but was wondering if anyone else is having issues with starting the REED process as well?
My role is CSA1 Night Tube.
The government gateway has nothing to do with TfL. You need to download the past 5 years? Of your work?? You should have this when signing up to start working as it is also your NI number.

Just login to GOV.UK and login HMRC, and follow the instructions you were given on your onboarding documents.
 

tanks88

Member
Joined
14 Aug 2024
Messages
90
Location
London
Hi all. Tried to search through this forum but having no luck with the REED application (will contact TfL soon). Setup my government gateway ID but the links provided to me to setup my account do not work at all (is it because its a Saturday?). The following error message keeps popping up:


You cannot access the service from this page​

To access this service, you must return to the government page you came from and start again.

You can also start again from the GOV.UK home page.

You might need your Government Gateway user ID and password.

Make sure your web browser can accept cookies.



I need to send everything by Monday but was wondering if anyone else is having issues with starting the REED process as well?
My role is CSA1 Night Tube.
You don't have to use their link for gateway.

https://www.gov.uk/log-in-register-hmrc-online-services

It's the same link as what people generally use . I have copied the link above for you . Try using different browser. May be Google Chrome?
If above link doesn't work . Just Google HMRC Gateway and it should come up .
 

mzz101

Member
Joined
10 Aug 2024
Messages
20
Location
london
What’s the government gateway ID for? Everything is done through Reed’s online system iirc
Wanted to ask you how long did you have to wait to actually start the role after all the checks and screening , because my reed screening is complete but they won’t offer me a medical yet as they are saying it’s too early for me yet
 

m4marof

New Member
Joined
12 Jul 2024
Messages
4
Location
London
The government gateway has nothing to do with TfL. You need to download the past 5 years? Of your work?? You should have this when signing up to start working as it is also your NI number.

Just login to GOV.UK and login HMRC, and follow the instructions you were given on your onboarding documents.
Sorry, this will be my first paid job so I am bit confused with the whole thing (never had any income tax forms etc...). Followed all instructions on the link given to me on my offer email via the downloading instructions.

You don't have to use their link for gateway.

https://www.gov.uk/log-in-register-hmrc-online-services

It's the same link as what people generally use . I have copied the link above for you . Try using different browser. May be Google Chrome?
If above link doesn't work . Just Google HMRC Gateway and it should come up .
I've done this but I have had no taxable income ever, all I have is my NI number. Perhaps this is the reason why I may be facing some issues.
 

T103

Member
Joined
17 Apr 2024
Messages
179
Location
London
Sorry, this will be my first paid job so I am bit confused with the whole thing (never had any income tax forms etc...). Followed all instructions on the link given to me on my offer email via the downloading instructions.


I've done this but I have had no taxable income ever, all I have is my NI number. Perhaps this is the reason why I may be facing some issues.
So have you just come out of education then, presume you have.
 

tanks88

Member
Joined
14 Aug 2024
Messages
90
Location
London
I've done this but I have had no taxable income ever, all I have is my NI number. Perhaps this is the reason why I may be facing some issues.
It is okay not to have taxable income. Submit the blank tax history as it's shown after you login. All they have to see is that you don't have any other employment or benefits other than what you have declared to them .
 

Height106

Member
Joined
4 Aug 2024
Messages
19
Location
London
I'm confused, the lady at TfL just said to me that I will only recieve an Occupational Health test after the screening has come back, and close to my training start date, but people on this forum say they've been offered the test before their screening is even finished? Sick of all this uncertainty, it's been over a month since I've been offered the role. I'm further ahead in my screening ('Checks sent') than many have been when they have been offered the test.
 

T103

Member
Joined
17 Apr 2024
Messages
179
Location
London
I'm confused, the lady at TfL just said to me that I will only recieve an Occupational Health test after the screening has come back, and close to my training start date, but people on this forum say they've been offered the test before their screening is even finished? Sick of all this uncertainty, it's been over a month since I've been offered the role. I'm further ahead in my screening ('Checks sent') than many have been when they have been offered the test.
Yep, when i was asked for the medical test, it was showing as (checks sent) but then a day or two later it was all final step/stages completed.
All the final steps- was completed in one. Just waiting now for the training date. Almost 2 weeks since my medical check.
 

Height106

Member
Joined
4 Aug 2024
Messages
19
Location
London
Yep, when i was asked for the medical test, it was showing as (checks sent) but then a day or two later it was all final step/stages completed.
All the final steps- was completed in one. Just waiting now for the training date. Almost 2 weeks since my medical check.
When did you pass your SBI?
 

mzz101

Member
Joined
10 Aug 2024
Messages
20
Location
london
I'm confused, the lady at TfL just said to me that I will only recieve an Occupational Health test after the screening has come back, and close to my training start date, but people on this forum say they've been offered the test before their screening is even finished? Sick of all this uncertainty, it's been over a month since I've been offered the role. I'm further ahead in my screening ('Checks sent') than many have been when they have been offered the test.
I’m in the same position as you mate but my screening is done I’m just waiting for a medical date . I called saying that all my checks are complete but they said they can’t offer me a date yet as it’s too early for me and will offer it closer to my training date
 

Anjali

Member
Joined
4 Sep 2024
Messages
5
Location
London
Hi, has anyone got training dates for October or November? I got conditional offer in June. Reed and medical assessment was completed in mid August and all i am hearing now is wait for their call.
 

Height106

Member
Joined
4 Aug 2024
Messages
19
Location
London
Hi, has anyone got training dates for October or November? I got conditional offer in June. Reed and medical assessment was completed in mid August and all i am hearing now is wait for their call.
The woman at TfL onboarding told me today that there were upcoming dates around November that would be offered to people who passed in June. This is just what one person told me though. I passed in August so may well have to wait until early 2025 myself at this rate
 

Random673

Member
Joined
16 May 2024
Messages
58
Location
London
hi guys. yes i believe that the onboarding team should be about up to the people who received an offer in june. i was told that they are very restricted in terms of actual places they can offer on a training course at a time, hence why it is taking a bit longer to hear anything. i think they just want to get people through their medicals and everything so that they are ready to start training when the time comes.
 

action_man23

Member
Joined
13 Aug 2024
Messages
8
Location
London
Hi guys, I have a role play on Wednesday. If anyone has done the role play in September, do you know what scenario is. I really want to go in fully prepared.
 

T103

Member
Joined
17 Apr 2024
Messages
179
Location
London
Hi guys, I have a role play on Wednesday. If anyone has done the role play in September, do you know what scenario is. I really want to go in fully prepared.
Please read back following conversations and 2022/2023 posts, the role play changes each time and the different scenarios can be found there. You need to do research, same with SBI there are about 7 different ones that is picked randomly.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

I probably have a while to wait then - I passed on August 2nd. This is such a frustrating and long process :s
It certainly is, but we just need to hold on. Hopefully I will get the training course date soon.
 

Nubois17

Member
Joined
29 Aug 2024
Messages
10
Location
United Kingdom
The woman at TfL onboarding told me today that there were upcoming dates around November that would be offered to people who passed in June. This is just what one person told me though. I passed in August so may well have to wait until early 2025 myself at this rate
After you passed your sbi, how long did it take for your onboarding documents to come through? And have your reference checks been completed yet?

Hi guys, I have a role play on Wednesday. If anyone has done the role play in September, do you know what scenario is. I really want to go in fully prepared.
I've done it twice. First time was a homeless person who didn't have money for a ticket. She was asking for money in the station & also vaping in the station. And the second time, was a lady who was attempting to use a contactless card to go through the ticket barriers, but her card wasn't working.

There's a range of scenarios or be honest, and you never know what you're going to get on the day. Some scenarios are simpler to deal with than others. I passed both times, but as we don't get feedback, I'm not exactly sure what did it for me.

I just immersed myself in the role. I had a lot of experience in customer service based roles, so that helped. I also made sure to try and resolve the issue myself, as opposed to passing the customer onto a colleague/superior. And at the end of it, I made sure to clearly explain to the customer how and why I resolved the issue in the manner which I did.
 

asn.15_

Member
Joined
10 Feb 2023
Messages
90
Location
London
Wanted to ask you how long did you have to wait to actually start the role after all the checks and screening , because my reed screening is complete but they won’t offer me a medical yet as they are saying it’s too early for me yet
I was booked in for a medical before my screening was even completed.

However, as someone did mention. I believe medical checks are given to those higher up on the waiting list and to those are who likely to get a starting date soon.

I know that myself and @Tobes1994 had been given a medical date, possibly due to us receiving an offer in June. From my understanding, I believe you might of received your offer later than June, hence why they are saying it is too early for you to be booked in.
 

cacti

Member
Joined
27 Jul 2024
Messages
32
Location
London
I was booked in for a medical before my screening was even completed.

However, as someone did mention. I believe medical checks are given to those higher up on the waiting list and to those are who likely to get a starting date soon.

I know that myself and @Tobes1994 had been given a medical date, possibly due to us receiving an offer in June. From my understanding, I believe you might of received your offer later than June, hence why they are saying it is too early for you to be booked in.
Yeah same here, offered the role in June, did my medical 2 weeks ago.
 

T103

Member
Joined
17 Apr 2024
Messages
179
Location
London
After you passed your sbi, how long did it take for your onboarding documents to come through? And have your reference checks been completed yet?


I've done it twice. First time was a homeless person who didn't have money for a ticket. She was asking for money in the station & also vaping in the station. And the second time, was a lady who was attempting to use a contactless card to go through the ticket barriers, but her card wasn't working.

There's a range of scenarios or be honest, and you never know what you're going to get on the day. Some scenarios are simpler to deal with than others. I passed both times, but as we don't get feedback, I'm not exactly sure what did it for me.

I just immersed myself in the role. I had a lot of experience in customer service based roles, so that helped. I also made sure to try and resolve the issue myself, as opposed to passing the customer onto a colleague/superior. And at the end of it, I made sure to clearly explain to the customer how and why I resolved the issue in the manner which I did.
But I would not recommend rehearsing too much, as you are not sure what the actor will say/do.
 

Akeem20

Member
Joined
17 Mar 2023
Messages
60
Location
London
Hi, has anyone got training dates for October or November? I got conditional offer in June. Reed and medical assessment was completed in mid August and all i am hearing now is wait for their call.
Yh mid October got offered this position in June
 

Height106

Member
Joined
4 Aug 2024
Messages
19
Location
London
After you passed your sbi, how long did it take for your onboarding documents to come through? And have your reference checks been completed yet?


I've done it twice. First time was a homeless person who didn't have money for a ticket. She was asking for money in the station & also vaping in the station. And the second time, was a lady who was attempting to use a contactless card to go through the ticket barriers, but her card wasn't working.

There's a range of scenarios or be honest, and you never know what you're going to get on the day. Some scenarios are simpler to deal with than others. I passed both times, but as we don't get feedback, I'm not exactly sure what did it for me.

I just immersed myself in the role. I had a lot of experience in customer service based roles, so that helped. I also made sure to try and resolve the issue myself, as opposed to passing the customer onto a colleague/superior. And at the end of it, I made sure to clearly explain to the customer how and why I resolved the issue in the manner which I did.
Onboarding documents took 6 working days. Reference checks I THINK are done - it's a little unclear. Just got to complete 'quality checks' now.
 
Last edited:

Skyflyer

Member
Joined
9 Nov 2023
Messages
24
Location
London
I'm confused, the lady at TfL just said to me that I will only recieve an Occupational Health test after the screening has come back, and close to my training start date, but people on this forum say they've been offered the test before their screening is even finished? Sick of all this uncertainty, it's been over a month since I've been offered the role. I'm further ahead in my screening ('Checks sent') than many have been when they have been offered the test.
I know how you feel, I was offered the conditional offer last October and only started Reed screening checks last month. (For night tube).
 

Top