Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!
Hi guys my reed screening is complete all the boxes are ticked and I called the onboarding team asking when I could get booked for a medical date , the lady said it could take up to 6 months as they are giving priority to people who got the job before me . Surely it will be sooner than 6 months right ? Anyone in the same boat ?
If anyone has done the role play and SBI recently, could you please let me know what the role play scenario is and what SBI scenario is. I would really appreciate it.
The role plays change on each interview and so does the SBI. Would recommend reading back previous consverstions/threads of 2023&2023 and this one. All the answers or help can be found there
If anyone has done the role play and SBI recently, could you please let me know what the role play scenario is and what SBI scenario is. I would really appreciate it.
i think the advice is that people offered the job in june should expect to start in november/december. i’m assuming from that people who got the job in july or august should expect to start next year. i’m not too sure though. it does depend on whether you’re FT or PT as well as they are prioritising FT starters.
I think it will be a lot sooner I was offered the role in June this year. My start date is October only advice I can give is call them weekly so they don’t forget you. They tend to say the same message when you call but I just always chased them up
I think it will be a lot sooner I was offered the role in June this year. My start date is October only advice I can give is call them weekly so they don’t forget you. They tend to say the same message when you call but I just always chased them up
oh nice - when in june did you get the offer and when do you start? i got offered the job in june as well and i rang them a few weeks ago and they told me that they expected me to start november/december.
oh nice - when in june did you get the offer and when do you start? i got offered the job in june as well and i rang them a few weeks ago and they told me that they expected me to start november/december.
wow. I passed everything June 3rd but my reed took about a month so once it passed. I was literally calling them everyday for slots. Eventually they called me back saying October is available would I like it?
wow. I passed everything June 3rd but my reed took about a month so once it passed. I was literally calling them everyday for slots. Eventually they called me back saying October is available would I like it?
that’s great mate. you must be buzzing to get started - i know i am. yeah i got my offer on the 20th but screening slowed me up a bit. passed my medical the other week so now just waiting anxiously by the phone for their call lol.
Hi everyone, I'm new staff at LU. I hope you are all having a lovely morning at your stations. I have a query.
1)What is a CSID, and does it have a card like a TSID, or is it added onto our Staff Oyster? Do we need a CSID to add a Young Visitor or Railcard on the POMS?
2)My Staff Pass doesn't seem to be working for CSID tasks on the POM. Do you know why this might be happening?
The problem is that I've been assigned to POM duty everyday, and I need to ask other staff for help to add a Young Visitor, Rail card addition on oyster or handle POM-related queries. When I asked my station staff, they said the CSID would be added to our Staff Pass and that we would be given a PIN. However, when I asked a CSS about the CSID, they said it wouldn't be added, and I would need to get help from other staff until I get TSID. It's really frustrating.
that’s great mate. you must be buzzing to get started - i know i am. yeah i got my offer on the 20th but screening slowed me up a bit. passed my medical the other week so now just waiting anxiously by the phone for their call lol.
wow. I passed everything June 3rd but my reed took about a month so once it passed. I was literally calling them everyday for slots. Eventually they called me back saying October is available would I like it?
Who did you speak to for a medical date do you remember the name of the person ? As I’m also trying to get my medical booked in but not having any luck
Who did you speak to for a medical date do you remember the name of the person ? As I’m also trying to get my medical booked in but not having any luck
that’s great mate. you must be buzzing to get started - i know i am. yeah i got my offer on the 20th but screening slowed me up a bit. passed my medical the other week so now just waiting anxiously by the phone for their call lol.
I couldn’t wait honestly. My screening took so long, I thought I was going to have to start later this year. I passed June the 3rd I would say just keep calling every couple days. I think I spoke to a female called Mandy not 100% sure but her name is in my confirmation email. So high chance it was her
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
Who did you speak to for a medical date do you remember the name of the person ? As I’m also trying to get my medical booked in but not having any luck
Not 100% sure who I spoke to but it was a random call I got during work. Asking if I was available the next day for the medical, I just took it as fast as possible. Was quick was only about 30 mins In total
Hi everyone, I'm new staff at LU. I hope you are all having a lovely morning at your stations. I have a query.
1)What is a CSID, and does it have a card like a TSID, or is it added onto our Staff Oyster? Do we need a CSID to add a Young Visitor or Railcard on the POMS?
2)My Staff Pass doesn't seem to be working for CSID tasks on the POM. Do you know why this might be happening?
The problem is that I've been assigned to POM duty everyday, and I need to ask other staff for help to add a Young Visitor, Rail card addition on oyster or handle POM-related queries. When I asked my station staff, they said the CSID would be added to our Staff Pass and that we would be given a PIN. However, when I asked a CSS about the CSID, they said it wouldn't be added, and I would need to get help from other staff until I get TSID. It's really frustrating.
These are questions best asked internally, but, in summary...
1. CSID is added to your Staff Oyster. This should happen shortly after you pass your CSID assessment as part of your basic training. TSID is a separate card - but if you have TSID you should have done the CSID training.
2. Any number of reasons, frankly. If you've passed in the last few days I would be certain that it is to do with the ongoing cyber security issues.
Raise it with your CSM or TU rep - an anonymous forum can't really help with things like this.
These are questions best asked internally, but, in summary...
1. CSID is added to your Staff Oyster. This should happen shortly after you pass your CSID assessment as part of your basic training. TSID is a separate card - but if you have TSID you should have done the CSID training.
2. Any number of reasons, frankly. If you've passed in the last few days I would be certain that it is to do with the ongoing cyber security issues.
Raise it with your CSM or TU rep - an anonymous forum can't really help with things like this.
CSID activation has almost certainly been caught up in the cyber incident then - it’ll get done when it gets done. Without going into details on an open forum, there are significantly more important areas of the business (such as mine!) that are a much higher priority for BAU.
Edit to add - initialisms:
-CSID doesn’t have an agreed expansion, but is a login to the front of ticket machines to allow things such as railcard discounts and manual payments, connected to the staff member’s Oyster card. Created to be distinct from…
-TSID = Ticket Seller ID, the login for back of house functions and, historically, LU ticket window kit. Mag stripe card with a unique identity and PIN, predating Oyster.
-BAU - business as usual
CSID activation has almost certainly been caught up in the cyber incident then - it’ll get done when it gets done. Without going into details on an open forum, there are significantly more important areas of the business (such as mine!) that are a much higher priority for BAU.
Edit to add - initialisms:
-CSID doesn’t have an agreed expansion, but is a login to the front of ticket machines to allow things such as railcard discounts and manual payments, connected to the staff member’s Oyster card. Created to be distinct from…
-TSID = Ticket Seller ID, the login for back of house functions and, historically, LU ticket window kit. Mag stripe card with a unique identity and PIN, predating Oyster.
-BAU - business as usual
wow. I passed everything June 3rd but my reed took about a month so once it passed. I was literally calling them everyday for slots. Eventually they called me back saying October is available would I like it?
So your medical was completed before your screening was complete ? My screening is complete but I still haven’t been offered a medical date yet how long did you have to wait to get one
I applied for the Customer Service Assistant position in November and after doing experience with the London Underground during my internship with TfL for one year, I’m upset that I failed to succeed in getting this brilliant job last month, as I messed up with the scenario based interview even though I did well in the role play.
I applied for the Customer Service Assistant position in November and after doing experience with the London Underground during my internship with TfL for one year, I’m upset that I failed to succeed in getting this brilliant job last month, as I messed up with the scenario based interview even though I did well in the role play.
Sorry to hear that pal, but don't be too disheartened. Stay encouraged & try to reapply as soon as you see another campaign go live.
The same exact thing happened to me back in April. I passed the role play, but failed the sbi. It's a bit frustrating because, unfortunately, there isn't any feedback given. So, candidates may not know where they went wrong, or how to improve.
But I reapplied on a subsequent campaign, and just passed my role play and sbi a couple of weeks ago. (I was eligible for this campaign as it was CSA1, & I had previously applied for CSA2. So you would need to check your eligibility before applying).
I was given a sheet with information & what to expect on the next steps on the day. & now I'm just waiting on the official email, to start the onboarding process.
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
I was given a sheet with information & what to expect on the next steps on the day. & now I'm just waiting on the official email, to start the onboarding process.
Has anyone who passed their role play and sbi within the last 3 weeks received the official onboarding email. If so, how long did it take to come through from the day of your interview?
It's been more than 2 weeks since I passed, I'm thinking there's a delay due to the cyber security attacks. But just want to check if any have started to come through yet.
So your medical was completed before your screening was complete ? My screening is complete but I still haven’t been offered a medical date yet how long did you have to wait to get one
Sorry to hear that pal, but don't be too disheartened. Stay encouraged & try to reapply as soon as you see another campaign go live.
The same exact thing happened to me back in April. I passed the role play, but failed the sbi. It's a bit frustrating because, unfortunately, there isn't any feedback given. So, candidates may not know where they went wrong, or how to improve.
But I reapplied on a subsequent campaign, and just passed my role play and sbi a couple of weeks ago. (I was eligible for this campaign as it was CSA1, & I had previously applied for CSA2. So you would need to check your eligibility before applying).
I was given a sheet with information & what to expect on the next steps on the day. & now I'm just waiting on the official email, to start the onboarding process.
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
Has anyone who passed their role play and sbi within the last 3 weeks received the official onboarding email. If so, how long did it take to come through from the day of your interview?
It's been more than 2 weeks since I passed, I'm thinking there's a delay due to the cyber security attacks. But just want to check if any have started to come through yet.
Sorry to hear that pal, but don't be too disheartened. Stay encouraged & try to reapply as soon as you see another campaign go live.
The same exact thing happened to me back in April. I passed the role play, but failed the sbi. It's a bit frustrating because, unfortunately, there isn't any feedback given. So, candidates may not know where they went wrong, or how to improve.
But I reapplied on a subsequent campaign, and just passed my role play and sbi a couple of weeks ago. (I was eligible for this campaign as it was CSA1, & I had previously applied for CSA2. So you would need to check your eligibility before applying).
I was given a sheet with information & what to expect on the next steps on the day. & now I'm just waiting on the official email, to start the onboarding process.
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
Has anyone who passed their role play and sbi within the last 3 weeks received the official onboarding email. If so, how long did it take to come through from the day of your interview?
It's been more than 2 weeks since I passed, I'm thinking there's a delay due to the cyber security attacks. But just want to check if any have started to come through yet.
Just out of curiosity. I thought one couldn't apply directly for CSA1 without having to complete 6 months in CSA2 role . Has that now changed ? I could be wrong though.
Just out of curiosity. I thought one couldn't apply directly for CSA1 without having to complete 6 months in CSA2 role . Has that now changed ? I could be wrong though.
You are correct, CSAs are trained and licensed for CSA1 though, you’re CSA2 officially until you finish probation and nominate yourself for a station which then you become CSA1, if you don’t receive your nomination in a year then you’re given a CSA1 position at a station, as per the deal between RMT and LU
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
Hi everyone, I'm new staff at LU. I hope you are all having a lovely morning at your stations. I have a query.
1)What is a CSID, and does it have a card like a TSID, or is it added onto our Staff Oyster? Do we need a CSID to add a Young Visitor or Railcard on the POMS?
2)My Staff Pass doesn't seem to be working for CSID tasks on the POM. Do you know why this might be happening?
The problem is that I've been assigned to POM duty everyday, and I need to ask other staff for help to add a Young Visitor, Rail card addition on oyster or handle POM-related queries. When I asked my station staff, they said the CSID would be added to our Staff Pass and that we would be given a PIN. However, when I asked a CSS about the CSID, they said it wouldn't be added, and I would need to get help from other staff until I get TSID. It's really frustrating.
You get your CSID pin in a letter sent to your main station, took me nearly 2 weeks to access the pink screen and another week to receive my pin, one of your station CSMs should let you know when it arrives, iirc station mail is delivered on wed/thursdays
We have had a number of issues with members trying to set up duplicate accounts in this forum.
Please note that we only allow one account per person, but if you find yourself in a situation in which you'd like a separate identity for this section then please contact us directly and explain your reasoning or concerns rather than setting up a separate new account.
We are aware of an issue with emails from the Forum to Microsoft-based email accounts (hotmail/outlook/live.com email addresses). This is being looked into currently, thanks for your patience meanwhile.