• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Underground - CSA1 / CSA2 - Recruitment and Discussion

olaoluwac

New Member
Joined
25 Apr 2024
Messages
1
Location
Milton Keynes
Hello, I would be starting my training for the CSA 2 role on Monday, does anyone have any useful tips on what to take with me. Will we be given uniforms on the first day?, when will we be assigned stations? How many hours a day is the training for?

I would just like to have an idea, so I can prepare well. Thank you
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mawkie

Established Member
Joined
17 Feb 2016
Messages
1,288
Hello, I would be starting my training for the CSA 2 role on Monday, does anyone have any useful tips on what to take with me. Will we be given uniforms on the first day?, when will we be assigned stations? How many hours a day is the training for?
Congrats!

Have a good sleep, be well rested.

You don't need anything special.

You'll get uniform, staff pass(es), and station group allocation on day 1 - you have a limited opportunity to swap with another trainee (I think you have to tell your trainer by Tuesday morning).

It gets serious pretty quickly, so pay attention, take whatever notes you need, and put your listening ears on.

I recommend setting up a WhatsApp group with your fellow trainees.

Good luck, don't be late.
 

Burry

Member
Joined
4 Jun 2024
Messages
104
Location
london
Congrats!

Have a good sleep, be well rested.

You don't need anything special.

You'll get uniform, staff pass(es), and station group allocation on day 1 - you have a limited opportunity to swap with another trainee (I think you have to tell your trainer by Tuesday morning).

It gets serious pretty quickly, so pay attention, take whatever notes you need, and put your listening ears on.

I recommend setting up a WhatsApp group with your fellow trainees.

Good luck, don't be late.
After the new pay deal been accepted. What’s the salary like now for CSA 2?

And what will CSA 1 get now as well?

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

After the new pay deal been accepted. What’s the salary like now for CSA 2?

And what will CSA 1 get now as well?
Any answer to this from Anyone?
 
Last edited:

bluegoblin7

Established Member
Joined
10 May 2011
Messages
2,166
Location
JB
After the new pay deal been accepted. What’s the salary like now for CSA 2?
Following the 2023 Pay Award the salary for CSA2 is £33,300 and CSA1 is £42,091.

The 2024 Pay Award is currently under negotiation.
 

Burry

Member
Joined
4 Jun 2024
Messages
104
Location
london
Following the 2023 Pay Award the salary for CSA2 is £33,300 and CSA1 is £42,091.

The 2024 Pay Award is currently under negotiation.
Thank you

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Following the 2023 Pay Award the salary for CSA2 is £33,300 and CSA1 is £42,091.

The 2024 Pay Award is currently under negotiation.
Do CSA 2 and CSA 1 do night shifts?
 
Last edited:

bluegoblin7

Established Member
Joined
10 May 2011
Messages
2,166
Location
JB
Do CSA 2 and CSA 1 do night shifts?
Only if specific Night Tube roles or via overtime (standard rate), but both grades have dead early (c0430 book on) and dead late (c0130 book off) duties.
 

Mawkie

Established Member
Joined
17 Feb 2016
Messages
1,288
What does that normally look like after tax etc?
Pop your individual details in here - and remember LU pay 4 weekly.

 

Akeem20

Member
Joined
17 Mar 2023
Messages
60
Location
London
Pop your individual details in here - and remember LU pay 4 weekly.

Cheers my guy
 

asn.15_

Member
Joined
10 Feb 2023
Messages
90
Location
London
I’ve done my medical check and now awaiting a training date which looks to be around November (hopefully).

However, my screening does not seem to be completed yet as it is still in the ‘checks sent’ phase. Anyone else done their medical and still in this phase for screening?
 

cacti

Member
Joined
27 Jul 2024
Messages
32
Location
London
I’ve done my medical check and now awaiting a training date which looks to be around November (hopefully).

However, my screening does not seem to be completed yet as it is still in the ‘checks sent’ phase. Anyone else done their medical and still in this phase for screening?
Call Reed, it may be that they have already completed them and somebody just hasn't updated yet or you haven't completed their "quality checks". Happen to me. My checks were completed long before they were updated on xms.
 

asn.15_

Member
Joined
10 Feb 2023
Messages
90
Location
London
Call Reed, it may be that they have already completed them and somebody just hasn't updated yet or you haven't completed their "quality checks". Happen to me. My checks were completed long before they were updated on xms.
Cheers, will give them a call tomorrow!
 

T103

Member
Joined
17 Apr 2024
Messages
179
Location
London
I’ve done my medical check and now awaiting a training date which looks to be around November (hopefully).

However, my screening does not seem to be completed yet as it is still in the ‘checks sent’ phase. Anyone else done their medical and still in this phase for screening?
Mine has been checked sent for a while now, i called before i went away start of August for an update, but they said there is a backlog of checks to be checked. Got my medical checks this week and then hopefully I can start training soon too.
 

differentshade

New Member
Joined
30 Jul 2024
Messages
3
Location
Ilford
Hi,
First post. Thus has been an invaluable resource and I thank you all.

I had my roleplay and SBI on Saturday, I passed and was told I would receive an email.

I haven't received it yet, does it usually take long to come through?
 

asn.15_

Member
Joined
10 Feb 2023
Messages
90
Location
London
Hi,
First post. Thus has been an invaluable resource and I thank you all.

I had my roleplay and SBI on Saturday, I passed and was told I would receive an email.

I haven't received it yet, does it usually take long to come through?
Roughly about a week or so. If any longer I’d suggest calling the onboarding team to ask.
 

T103

Member
Joined
17 Apr 2024
Messages
179
Location
London
Hi,
First post. Thus has been an invaluable resource and I thank you all.

I had my roleplay and SBI on Saturday, I passed and was told I would receive an email.

I haven't received it yet, does it usually take long to come through?
It says it can take up to 10 working days to hear back, if you have heard nothing by them give the onboarding team a call.
 

tanks88

Member
Joined
14 Aug 2024
Messages
90
Location
London
Hi,
First post. Thus has been an invaluable resource and I thank you all.

I had my roleplay and SBI on Saturday, I passed and was told I would receive an email.

I haven't received it yet, does it usually take long to come through?
Roughly a week or so , shouldn't be long . Nothing to worry about.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Hello, I would be starting my training for the CSA 2 role on Monday, does anyone have any useful tips on what to take with me. Will we be given uniforms on the first day?, when will we be assigned stations? How many hours a day is the training for?

I would just like to have an idea, so I can prepare well. Thank you
Hi ... How was your day 1 . Please do share any insights that could help us . Thank you ?
 
Last edited:

tanks88

Member
Joined
14 Aug 2024
Messages
90
Location
London
Can anyone please share more about the tests we have to take during training? Are they difficult ? Should we be preparing in advance? I assume people resign their current job to join this so if they fail then they don't have any plan B !!!
 

bluegoblin7

Established Member
Joined
10 May 2011
Messages
2,166
Location
JB
Can anyone please share more about the tests we have to take during training? Are they difficult ? Should we be preparing in advance? I assume people resign their current job to join this so if they fail then they don't have any plan B !!!
This has been covered off many times before. I've said it before and I'll say it again (as have some other staff on this thread): if you can't do a little bit of research by reading through past threads, rather than asking the same questions over and again, you will struggle with the assessments and indeed the job. You need to be able to use your initiative and find things out for yourself, particularly if you plan on moving up the company.

However, to answer your question: you don't need to prepare in advance of training starting. In fact I'd actively advise against it - there's a lot of misinformation online and the way LUL works it will hinder, not help. Everything you need to know in the assessments will be taught to you during training, and the answers are in the various workbooks you will be given. You should expect to be revising in the evenings to consolidate your knowledge (excellent advice for any kind of training to be honest, with my training hat on) but it isn't onerous - and if you're not sure of anything, absolutely ask your trainers. As mentioned, a WhatsApp group with your peers is also a good idea to ask each other questions.

If you apply yourself, pay attention and treat the assessments seriously you'll have absolutely no problem passing them, but if you expect to breeze through or don't consolidate that knowledge you may find yourself in a sticky situation. People do fail, be under no illusion, but generally not for any other reason than a failure to prepare.

Tl;dr: Don't stress about the assessments. They're probably one of the easiest parts of the job.
 

tanks88

Member
Joined
14 Aug 2024
Messages
90
Location
London
This has been covered off many times before. I've said it before and I'll say it again (as have some other staff on this thread): if you can't do a little bit of research by reading through past threads, rather than asking the same questions over and again, you will struggle with the assessments and indeed the job. You need to be able to use your initiative and find things out for yourself, particularly if you plan on moving up the company.

However, to answer your question: you don't need to prepare in advance of training starting. In fact I'd actively advise against it - there's a lot of misinformation online and the way LUL works it will hinder, not help. Everything you need to know in the assessments will be taught to you during training, and the answers are in the various workbooks you will be given. You should expect to be revising in the evenings to consolidate your knowledge (excellent advice for any kind of training to be honest, with my training hat on) but it isn't onerous - and if you're not sure of anything, absolutely ask your trainers. As mentioned, a WhatsApp group with your peers is also a good idea to ask each other questions.

If you apply yourself, pay attention and treat the assessments seriously you'll have absolutely no problem passing them, but if you expect to breeze through or don't consolidate that knowledge you may find yourself in a sticky situation. People do fail, be under no illusion, but generally not for any other reason than a failure to prepare.

Tl;dr: Don't stress about the assessments. They're probably one of the easiest parts of the job.
@bluegoblin7 yes I have read threads from the past . I only posted hoping in case anyone in the current training would reply. Sometimes it helps getting perspective being in same stage But thanks for reassuring. And thanks for helping out all of us . Much appreciated :)
 
Last edited:

zcarrey

Member
Joined
28 Jun 2024
Messages
47
Location
london
passed the role play, failed the SBI smh.

Ironically I left the SBI feeling relatively confident.
 

SolaceLevi

Member
Joined
16 Aug 2024
Messages
5
Location
London
Hi, Im currently in the Reed screening process and two references have been received thankfully however, the email I entered for my school reference is outdated. I called my school and they gave me the correct one. Does anyone have any idea on whether this can be updated?
Ive already sent two emails to TFL Screening but they haven't answered in a while when they normally respond quite quickly.
Thanks.
 

asn.15_

Member
Joined
10 Feb 2023
Messages
90
Location
London
Hi, Im currently in the Reed screening process and two references have been received thankfully however, the email I entered for my school reference is outdated. I called my school and they gave me the correct one. Does anyone have any idea on whether this can be updated?
Ive already sent two emails to TFL Screening but they haven't answered in a while when they normally respond quite quickly.
Thanks.
Hi,

Give them a call on this number and explain your situation.

0161 383 8285
 

Top