• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Underground - CSA1 & CSA2 (2022 & 2023 applications)

Status
Not open for further replies.

m4marof

New Member
Joined
12 Jul 2024
Messages
4
Location
London
There are 4 stages

1 - Online assessment
2 - Class room based assessment
3 - Role play
4 - Interview Via Teams (8 questions, 4 warm up questions and 4 scenario based questions)

Anyone need help with the above I'll be more than happy to help

I have all the answers for all the stages.

Good luck

Ps. I have been successful and waiting for my training.
Hi mate, I know it's been a while but was wondering if you could possibly offer some help for stages 2-4 please? Anything is appreciated.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

coffeetable

Member
Joined
4 Oct 2023
Messages
87
Location
LONDON
Is anyone starting training for a part-time PM position in August? I recently received a call from the TfL recruitment team. Has anyone received information about being placed in a permanent station?

I was just informed that I won't be assigned a permanent location and will instead be working at different stations daily. When I inquired about the travel time and locations, they said they couldn't provide specific details as it would depend on daily business needs.
 

moonie95

Member
Joined
26 Jul 2023
Messages
188
Location
UK
Is anyone starting training for a part-time PM position in August? I recently received a call from the TfL recruitment team. Has anyone received information about being placed in a permanent station?

I was just informed that I won't be assigned a permanent location and will instead be working at different stations daily. When I inquired about the travel time and locations, they said they couldn't provide specific details as it would depend on daily business needs.
For the first 6 months you will be classed as over established, so on your first day you will find out with Cover Area of stations you will be covering, which maybe around 3 different stations depending on the area or it may just be 1 station area such as Kings Cross. There is no travel time as you are required to be on time to work at any London Underground stations as said in job description and contract. After your 6 months you will be allowed to nominate a station area within a cover group, in your case as it’s for part-time, most part time colleagues are required in zone 1 stations.
 

coffeetable

Member
Joined
4 Oct 2023
Messages
87
Location
LONDON
For the first 6 months you will be classed as over established, so on your first day you will find out with Cover Area of stations you will be covering, which maybe around 3 different stations depending on the area or it may just be 1 station area such as Kings Cross. There is no travel time as you are required to be on time to work at any London Underground stations as said in job description and contract. After your 6 months you will be allowed to nominate a station area within a cover group, in your case as it’s for part-time, most part time colleagues are required in zone 1 stations.
Cool, thanks .My training starts on 5th of August.
 

amazonFBA

Member
Joined
10 Jun 2024
Messages
9
Location
London
Before I write to TfL to ask when they plan to start night tube training, can I check if anyone here knows? The last I heard night tube training was due to begin mid 2024…
 

coffeetable

Member
Joined
4 Oct 2023
Messages
87
Location
LONDON
Before I write to TfL to ask when they plan to start night tube training, can I check if anyone here knows? The last I heard night tube training was due to begin mid 2024…
I was told the NT is approx in 2025. There is a less of a chance of getting it in 2024. But fingers crossed.
 

coffeetable

Member
Joined
4 Oct 2023
Messages
87
Location
LONDON
So you only have a month notice, what if your current job requires more than that?
I received a call in the first week of June. Apologies for the typo above. Additionally, I believe four weeks' notice is sufficient, and to my knowledge, I haven't encountered an employer requesting more. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
 

T103

Member
Joined
17 Apr 2024
Messages
179
Location
London
I received a call in the first week of June. Apologies for the typo above. Additionally, I believe four weeks' notice is sufficient, and to my knowledge, I haven't encountered an employer requesting more. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Did they give you a list of dates, or just said you are starting on this day?
 

coffeetable

Member
Joined
4 Oct 2023
Messages
87
Location
LONDON
Did they give you a list of dates, or just said you are starting on this
Initially, they offered me a date that was inconvenient, so I asked for alternative options. They suggested a few dates, and I chose one. However, when I initially requested different dates, they asked for a reason why I couldn't make the originally proposed date.
 

Akeem20

Member
Joined
17 Mar 2023
Messages
60
Location
London
First week of June
Okay same but when I called them they said they are working through April and may. Then they are booking those medicals etc. I will try call them tomorrow and see what they say cause I was offered it June 3rd

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

I received a call in the first week of June. Apologies for the typo above. Additionally, I believe four weeks' notice is sufficient, and to my knowledge, I haven't encountered an employer requesting more. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Wait when did you pass the interview? April/May?
 

coffeetable

Member
Joined
4 Oct 2023
Messages
87
Location
LONDON
Okay same but when I called them they said they are working through April and may. Then they are booking those medicals etc. I will try call them tomorrow and see what they say cause I was offered it June 3rd

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==


Wait when did you pass the interview? April/May?
I passed the interview in April 2023
 

PizzaKing52

Member
Joined
11 Apr 2019
Messages
26
Hello all, I’ve got my role play and SBI interview coming up in just two days and I really want to make sure I pass so I made an endless list of different types of customers that I might face in the role play scenario with different answers to each one. Is anyone available to send me a PM for more help?
 

safee202

New Member
Joined
10 Jul 2024
Messages
2
Location
london
Hi does anyone know if you send the staff oyster and nominee form in the post or if you attatch it to the onboarding email along with the rest of your documents
 

bluegoblin7

Established Member
Joined
10 May 2011
Messages
2,165
Location
JB
Hi does anyone know if you send the staff oyster and nominee form in the post or if you attatch it to the onboarding email along with the rest of your documents

Include it with your onboarding and it’ll go to Staff Travel. If you send it separately it may reach Staff Travel before you’re onboarded, and therefore end up in the shredder.
 
Joined
9 Jan 2023
Messages
64
Location
London
Email from TfL Recruitment this morning regarding the NT vacancy.

“We wanted to provide an update on the status of your offer for the Customer Service Assistant 1 - Night Tube, ref 040513 position.



We are pleased to inform you that, starting in August, we will be increasing the number of available spaces on our courses for Night Tube candidates. This increase is expected to accelerate the processing of applications and reduce the waiting time for candidates like yourself.



Candidates will be contacted to join course dates in order of how long they have waited on our waiting list, so please note that depending on your place on the waitlist and the number of training spaces available, some candidates could be waiting up to six months before being booked onto a training date. In some instances this may take longer and business demands are subject to change.



Please note unfortunately we are unable to provide candidates with any individual time scales or where they currently sit within the waitlist.”
 

lolak

Member
Joined
8 Jul 2024
Messages
10
Location
London
I just want to ask a question, I passed my roleplay and SBI on Tuesday and I haven’t received any email from recruitment with further information and I was told by the lady who did my SBI that it’s important that I get my documents uploaded. Does anybody know how long it takes for HVC to send anything over? Or would it be better for me to call time on Monday?
 

T103

Member
Joined
17 Apr 2024
Messages
179
Location
London
I just want to ask a question, I passed my roleplay and SBI on Tuesday and I haven’t received any email from recruitment with further information and I was told by the lady who did my SBI that it’s important that I get my documents uploaded. Does anybody know how long it takes for HVC to send anything over? Or would it be better for me to call time on Monday?
Give it 10 working days, you can only upload documents once your have the confirmation email. If you hear nothing back within 10 days give them a chase up call. It takes time for it all to be passed thru the system and also very easy to be forgotten about.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Do the course dates always start at the start of the month or can they also start midway thru the month?
 
Last edited:

T103

Member
Joined
17 Apr 2024
Messages
179
Location
London
What's the average wait time for those who have already received their starting dates?
I submitted my application on 29th Feb and still waiting for reed checks to be completed! My references checks have finally been completed.
 

king4lif3

New Member
Joined
24 Jul 2024
Messages
1
Location
Somewhere
Hi all,
I've got my assessment tomorrow for the Written Communication Test and a Data Interpretation Test. I've previously attended one of these assessments many years back and I recall having to do a role play exam, similar to other members of this forum. In my email there is no mention of role play test, just the Written Communication Test and a Data Interpretation Test. Do you know if they will still do the role play?

I'm not too worried about the main test but I am about the role play, as I recall I failed the test last time as I panicked and didn't know what to do. I was given a scenario of a drunk women on the platform and I didn't know what to do other than approach her and ask if she's OK. I remember they hardly gave any information to me regarding rules or policies, other than be firm but fair to passengers. Which is why I froze and panicked as how to deal with that situation, didn't know what rules to uphold etc. Hopefully I won't have to do another role play test, but if I do I hope it's not this scenario again
 

T103

Member
Joined
17 Apr 2024
Messages
179
Location
London
Hi all,
I've got my assessment tomorrow for the Written Communication Test and a Data Interpretation Test. I've previously attended one of these assessments many years back and I recall having to do a role play exam, similar to other members of this forum. In my email there is no mention of role play test, just the Written Communication Test and a Data Interpretation Test. Do you know if they will still do the role play?

I'm not too worried about the main test but I am about the role play, as I recall I failed the test last time as I panicked and didn't know what to do. I was given a scenario of a drunk women on the platform and I didn't know what to do other than approach her and ask if she's OK. I remember they hardly gave any information to me regarding rules or policies, other than be firm but fair to passengers. Which is why I froze and panicked as how to deal with that situation, didn't know what rules to uphold etc. Hopefully I won't have to do another role play test, but if I do I hope it's not this scenario again
The SBI and role play are done on another day if you pass the written communication and Data interpretation test.
 

asn.15_

Member
Joined
10 Feb 2023
Messages
90
Location
London
What start date did you get?
Just gave them a call today, they had dates available for me in October/November.

She asked if I had any pre-booked holidays and for my notice period for my current role.

Said she will call me back next week confirming what date I shall begin my training.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top