• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Underground - CSA1 & CSA2 (2022 & 2023 applications)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mawkie

Established Member
Joined
17 Feb 2016
Messages
1,285
It's a straight 4 week training (0900-1700) there might be some weekend training involved depending on the business needs.

2 weeks classroom training & 2 weeks station training/shadowing

There's also an assessment to pass.
Being a bit pedantic, it's not exactly 4 weeks of training at 9 to 5, is it?

The 2 week Ashfield house stuff is nominally 9 to 5, but often finishes earlier so you can go home and cement your knowledge with a bit of further reading, but the shadowing on stations would be quite unlikely to be 9 to 5 wouldn't it? More likely to be doing a range of shift patterns in my experience.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mabz

Member
Joined
12 Aug 2020
Messages
13
Location
Elias5460
Being a bit pedantic, it's not exactly 4 weeks of training at 9 to 5, is it?

The 2 week Ashfield house stuff is nominally 9 to 5, but often finishes earlier so you can go home and cement your knowledge with a bit of further reading, but the shadowing on stations would be quite unlikely to be 9 to 5 wouldn't it? More likely to be doing a range of shift patterns in my experience.
Yes your right about the latter part of the training.

Time varies, there isn't a fixed times I'm afraid.

I have come across many people start at 1300, 1400 and even 1700.

You will get your training rota around a week before.
 

Abinns93

Member
Joined
8 Dec 2023
Messages
6
Location
Croydon
I Had my roleplay sometimes last week and i was not successful. I had a scenario of someone at the train station playing music and collecting money. He mentioned he was collecting money to get to pay for a valid ticket on the underground. I was friendly and empathetic as he is an old man. He also was vaping which i mentioned is prohibited on the underground.
However, at the end of the roleplay, i was told i was unsuccessful because buskers (people who play music for money at train stations) are illegal on the underground. Also if any buskers were to be allowed, they have to be licensed.
I never knew this LU policy nor have i ever heard about it. Before the role play, i was told i will not be assessed based on my knowledge of the policies of the TfL or the LU.
To my dismay, i was judged based on that.
It is really unfair.

Has anyone faced a similar experience please?
Yeah i have had a similar experience with the role-play, They tell you just to give good customer service because they understand you will not know how it works on the underground but that is a lie they expect you to know certain things. My role was with a customer coming to the gate line with the wrong ticket but long story short after asking if they had any means of paying for a valid ticket they said they had no means because they had forgotten their purse at home so i let them through which is something that you can do but before she got let out she asked how would she get back, I said I would tell a colleague to let her back through when she comes back and that is where i messed up. so they are looking for certain things but they make it out that they aint which is not right imo.
 

CLAUBALMANT

Member
Joined
19 Mar 2024
Messages
12
Location
London
Hi guys, I received a call from TfL tema today and they asked about my availability to start the training. I said I could start as soon as possible, so the lady thanked me and hung up. I found it very random lol. For those who already received the start training date, it was the same ? Or they did contact you to let you know the starting date straight away?

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Just to let all know. I started my screening check on the 24/04 and they have completed yesterday , and today received a call from TfL team but still waiting for training dates. I hope it will be soon.
 

Nky

Member
Joined
21 May 2024
Messages
7
Location
London
It's a straight 4 week training (0900-1700) there might be some weekend training involved depending on the business needs.

2 weeks classroom training & 2 weeks station training/shadowing

There's also an assessment to pass.
Just 1 assessment? Is it hard?
 

Felicity

New Member
Joined
30 May 2024
Messages
2
Location
london
Hi guys, I received a call from TfL tema today and they asked about my availability to start the training. I said I could start as soon as possible, so the lady thanked me and hung up. I found it very random lol. For those who already received the start training date, it was the same ? Or they did contact you to let you know the starting date straight away?

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Just to let all know. I started my screening check on the 24/04 and they have completed yesterday , and today received a call from TfL team but still waiting for training dates. I hope it will be soon.
Hiya
Congrats
Please update us as soon as you get a training date.
I have another job offer with a contract; while I’m still awaiting TFL to contact me for training date .
I need to know how soon before I let go of my current offer .
Cheers..
 

FR0071

Member
Joined
30 May 2024
Messages
5
Location
London
Hi does anyone know what happens if Reed cannot contact a reference during the referencing part..? I have provided them the PAYE tax invoice which I thought would be enough in the scenario where they can't contact someone
 

T103

Member
Joined
17 Apr 2024
Messages
179
Location
London
Hi does anyone know what happens if Reed cannot contact a reference during the referencing part..? I have provided them the PAYE tax invoice which I thought would be enough in the scenario where they can't contact someone
Have they got back to you saying that the documents are not enough?
 

FR0071

Member
Joined
30 May 2024
Messages
5
Location
London
Have they got back to you saying that the documents are not enough?
No not yet. But I'm not sure the contact I have still works at my previous employer.

What's annoying is I specifically put not to contact this employer (they were my previous employer last year before my last job from this year). I put that they could contact my employer from 2 years ago and my last one from this year... And yet they're still asking for the middle one.

They've also asked me for my PAYE tax form which I was told would confirm things anyway... Just a bit frustrating
 

Mabz

Member
Joined
12 Aug 2020
Messages
13
Location
Elias5460
No not yet. But I'm not sure the contact I have still works at my previous employer.

What's annoying is I specifically put not to contact this employer (they were my previous employer last year before my last job from this year). I put that they could contact my employer from 2 years ago and my last one from this year... And yet they're still asking for the middle one.

They've also asked me for my PAYE tax form which I was told would confirm things anyway... Just a bit frustrating
If they can't get hold of a referee, they will ask you to provide payslips (first payslip and the last payslip of the requested employment)
 

CSANewbie2024

Member
Joined
11 Mar 2024
Messages
17
Location
Sutton
Question on the medical regarding nicotine and Alcohol.

I'll assume that the alcohol is the usual nothing 24 hours beforehand (I'm not a heavy drinker so not worried there) but if I need to not drink several days beforehand would be good to know before going to a birthday drinks a few days before!

But on nicotine - I use Velo (nicotine pouches), is that an issue for the drugs test or should I also stop those a few days beforehand?
I figured it's usual for some people to smoke or vape but I don't know if these pouches are different for the purposes of a test. Any advice on those would be great (should I go back to vaping for example rather than using them?)
 

rajuv

Member
Joined
10 Apr 2018
Messages
25
Location
London
Question on the medical regarding nicotine and Alcohol.

I'll assume that the alcohol is the usual nothing 24 hours beforehand (I'm not a heavy drinker so not worried there) but if I need to not drink several days beforehand would be good to know before going to a birthday drinks a few days before!

But on nicotine - I use Velo (nicotine pouches), is that an issue for the drugs test or should I also stop those a few days beforehand?
I figured it's usual for some people to smoke or vape but I don't know if these pouches are different for the purposes of a test. Any advice on those would be great (should I go back to vaping for example rather than using them?)
I passed the Lizzy line D&A test and medical while using pouches so I guess it should be ok unless LU do a more in depth test
 

rajuv

Member
Joined
10 Apr 2018
Messages
25
Location
London
@rubel h

I just done the written test a few weeks ago. It’s very easy.
Stage 1a is circling the mistakes
Stage 1b is rewriting the underlined paragraph with corrections.
Stage 2 is 10 questions about the tube map and timetable. Familiarise yourself with how to read the time table and how to use the tube map index, quiet a few are related to the central line.
Stage 3 is about ticket checking 20 questions to answer in 10 mins. They will give you a scenario, you are at X station in zone X at XX:XX time.
Familiarise yourself with how tickets work and you should be fine with this
 
Last edited by a moderator:

FR0071

Member
Joined
30 May 2024
Messages
5
Location
London
If they can't get hold of a referee, they will ask you to provide payslips (first payslip and the last payslip of the requested employment)
Do you know how long they'll wait on a reference before asking for this?
 

Hope573

New Member
Joined
4 Jun 2024
Messages
4
Location
London
Last week, I had a roleplay scenario that included lost property, vaping, alcohol, an angry customer, and a ticket issue all in one. I didn't notice that the lost bag was under the table, so always check your surroundings. The actor mentioned she received a call from the station saying the bag was found and to come collect it, but I didn't know where the bag was. At the end, the actor told me the bag was under the table, and there were many bags there. You need to ask which color bag to return the correct one. The actor kept shouting and asking how long it would take.

Unfortunately, I didn't notice the bag under the table. I addressed vaping and alcohol not being allowed, and the actor asked why they weren't allowed. I handled those parts, but in the end, I failed. I'm sharing this update to remind you to look around the room. The assessor may give minimal information. For lost property, the sheet said it takes 15 working days, which was confusing. However, the roleplay is easy if you check your surroundings and provide correct answers.
 

Nightrain

Member
Joined
10 Jun 2024
Messages
9
Location
London
Hello everyone,
I have my roleplay and SBI coming up this Friday.
For roleplay, are there typical scenarios that I should expect to have?
Or might they be very different to the ones that were mentioned here on the chat?
 

coffeetable

Member
Joined
4 Oct 2023
Messages
87
Location
LONDON
Today, I received a call from the recruitment team to book training dates. I was also informed that I would receive a call from the medical team to schedule my tests. Could you please let me know how long it typically takes to receive a call from the medical team? Additionally, how long will it take to get the results after the tests?
 

CLAUBALMANT

Member
Joined
19 Mar 2024
Messages
12
Location
London
Today, I received a call from the recruitment team to book training dates. I was also informed that I would receive a call from the medical team to schedule my tests. Could you please let me know how long it typically takes to receive a call from the medical team? Additionally, how long will it take to get the results after the tests?
I’ve received a call also to book my training dates. When did they book you in ?
 

Zayner

New Member
Joined
18 Jun 2024
Messages
2
Location
london
Today, I received a call from the recruitment team to book training dates. I was also informed that I would receive a call from the medical team to schedule my tests. Could you please let me know how long it typically takes to receive a call from the medical team? Additionally, how long will it take to get the results after the tests?
Can I ask how long you got call after reed sending for the training dates? Thanks
I’ve received a call also to book my training dates. When did they book you in ?
The same question, how long after your reed screening you got a call to book start date? Thanks
 

coffeetable

Member
Joined
4 Oct 2023
Messages
87
Location
LONDON
I’ve received a call also to book my training dates. When did they book you in ?
5th of August. If you have selected that date, then see you there.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Can I ask how long you got call after reed sending for the training dates? Thanks

The same question, how long after your reed screening you got a call to book start date? Thanks
My REED screening took a while ( more than a month) after that it took more than 2 months to get a call from recruitment team for dates.
 

T103

Member
Joined
17 Apr 2024
Messages
179
Location
London
5th of August. If you have selected that date, then see you there.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==


My REED screening took a while ( more than a month) after that it took more than 2 months to get a call from recruitment team for dates.
I'm still in REED screening, but I have pre-booked holidays in August and October (so may not be till mid October) till I can start.
I presume they give you a months notice before your training starts? They still haven't or had oppurinity to tell them about the dates I can't do yet.
 

rajuv

Member
Joined
10 Apr 2018
Messages
25
Location
London
Hello everyone,
I have my roleplay and SBI coming up this Friday.
For roleplay, are there typical scenarios that I should expect to have?
Or might they be very different to the ones that were mentioned here on the chat?
Lost passport
Spillages
Part closures
Drunk customers
Youths hanging around exit/entrance
E-scooters
Charity workers
 

coffeetable

Member
Joined
4 Oct 2023
Messages
87
Location
LONDON
I'm still in REED screening, but I have pre-booked holidays in August and October (so may not be till mid October) till I can start.
I presume they give you a months notice before your training starts? They still haven't or had oppurinity to tell them about the dates I can't do yet.
You can tell them your pre-booked holidays at the time of the call.
 

Nightrain

Member
Joined
10 Jun 2024
Messages
9
Location
London
Lost passport
Spillages
Part closures
Drunk customers
Youths hanging around exit/entrance
E-scooters
Charity workers
Thank you.
Never heard of Spillages, E-scooters and charity workers.
What is the scenario with E-scooters and charity workers?
 

Zayner

New Member
Joined
18 Jun 2024
Messages
2
Location
london
Two weeks after reed screening been completed
What training dates were available? Are they all after August. Thanks for the response

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

5th of August. If you have selected that date, then see you there.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==


My REED screening took a while ( more than a month) after that it took more than 2 months to get a call from recruitment team for dates.
Yeah mine took 6 weeks just finished yesterday. What days were available? Were they all after August?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top