• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Underground - CSA1 & CSA2 (2022 & 2023 applications)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neon321

Member
Joined
27 May 2024
Messages
13
Location
London
Hey guys, I’ve recently completed the mindgage + customer service phase of the application process for CSA Night Tube.

This morning I’ve been sent an email saying I’ve passed and I can now move onto the next phase which is the interview. However when I clicked on the link there appears to be no dates available yet. Just want to ask those who have done this how long it took for them to schedule an interview slot?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

asn.15_

Member
Joined
10 Feb 2023
Messages
90
Location
London
Hey guys, I’ve recently completed the mindgage + customer service phase of the application process for CSA Night Tube.

This morning I’ve been sent an email saying I’ve passed and I can now move onto the next phase which is the interview. However when I clicked on the link there appears to be no dates available yet. Just want to ask those who have done this how long it took for them to schedule an interview slot?
Dates are released daily. Just keep checking everyday or every hour for this.
 

Neon321

Member
Joined
27 May 2024
Messages
13
Location
London
Well I struggled to find dates at first, but I checked literally almost every hour. The day after I found some dates and times available.
Ah cool, and just one more question sorry, how far were the nearest appointments, were they one week from when you schedule them, one month etc?
 

asn.15_

Member
Joined
10 Feb 2023
Messages
90
Location
London
Ah cool, and just one more question sorry, how far were the nearest appointments, were they one week from when you schedule them, one month etc?
Not really some were couple days away .

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Nope still waiting for the offer email before sending over my documents, nope not started training yet.
Did you try contact them? The guy said if they don’t send my offer letter within 2-5 days, to give them a call or to email them.
 
Last edited:

T103

Member
Joined
17 Apr 2024
Messages
179
Location
London
Not really some were couple days away .

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==


Did you try contact them? The guy said if they don’t send my offer letter within 2-5 days, to give them a call or to email them.
Yes, but told there was no update! I presume as there are lots of people applying they are releasing jobs as they come, and they are looking for people over the next 2 days.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

No way, the guy told me I’d get the offer within 3-5 working days. Did they say the same to you and was he giving me false hope
I can't remember, I was just told i would get an email, then to send off the documents. I keep checking my tfl profile for any messages I may have missed.
 

asn.15_

Member
Joined
10 Feb 2023
Messages
90
Location
London
Yes, but told there was no update! I presume as there are lots of people applying they are releasing jobs as they come, and they are looking for people over the next 2 days.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==


I can't remember, I was just told i would get an email, then to send off the documents. I keep checking my tfl profile for any messages I may have missed.
Cheers for the information. I hope we can begin soon!
 

Akeem20

Member
Joined
17 Mar 2023
Messages
60
Location
London
3 weeks ago, i contacted the High Volume Team, and they had no update.
I passed Friday called yesterday and received my onboarding documents and was able to send it back . For this process to actually move you have to be very proactive. You have to remember they are dealing with a lot and it’s easy to be forgotten about, I would recommend you call up till you get those documents sent.
 
Last edited:

T103

Member
Joined
17 Apr 2024
Messages
179
Location
London
I passed Friday called yesterday and received my onboarding documents and was able to send it back . For this process to actually move you have to be very proactive. You have to remember they are dealing with a lot and it’s easy to be forgotten about, I would recommend you call up till you get those documents sent.
What is the onboarding telephone number?

I will call them and chase it up.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

I passed Friday called yesterday and received my onboarding documents and was able to send it back . For this process to actually move you have to be very proactive. You have to remember they are dealing with a lot and it’s easy to be forgotten about, I would recommend you call up till you get those documents sent.
Thank you will call them this afternoon, did email last week but there was no update- so will have to re-chase it.

Just concerned now as I have pre-planned holidays over the next few weeks/months so unsure when I can start the training.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

I passed Friday called yesterday and received my onboarding documents and was able to send it back . For this process to actually move you have to be very proactive. You have to remember they are dealing with a lot and it’s easy to be forgotten about, I would recommend you call up till you get those documents sent.
Thank you- just called them and they will be sending over the email by the end of the day. Thanks for suggesting calling them.
 
Last edited:

asn.15_

Member
Joined
10 Feb 2023
Messages
90
Location
London
I passed Friday called yesterday and received my onboarding documents and was able to send it back . For this process to actually move you have to be very proactive. You have to remember they are dealing with a lot and it’s easy to be forgotten about, I would recommend you call up till you get those documents sent.
Cheers mate, I just called as well. Said I should be getting my onboarding documents tomorrow. Thanks!

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

What is the onboarding telephone number?

I will call them and chase it up.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==


Thank you will call them this afternoon, did email last week but there was no update- so will have to re-chase it.

Just concerned now as I have pre-planned holidays over the next few weeks/months so unsure when I can start the training.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==


Thank you- just called them and they will be sending over the email by the end of the day. Thanks for suggesting calling them.
Let me know please if you did receive your documents please!
 
Last edited:

T103

Member
Joined
17 Apr 2024
Messages
179
Location
London
Cheers mate, I just called as well. Said I should be getting my onboarding documents tomorrow. Thanks!

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==


Let me know please if you did receive your documents please!
Nope, if not in email by tomorrow pm then will chase up again.
 

Akeem20

Member
Joined
17 Mar 2023
Messages
60
Location
London
What is the onboarding telephone number?

I will call them and chase it up.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==


Thank you will call them this afternoon, did email last week but there was no update- so will have to re-chase it.

Just concerned now as I have pre-planned holidays over the next few weeks/months so unsure when I can start the training.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==


Thank you- just called them and they will be sending over the email by the end of the day. Thanks for suggesting calling them.
No problem guys honestly want us to start asap. I sent my documents on Monday and they received it. I called yesterday and asked about the REED screening and I was sent the email later that day so I recommend calling again once onboarding documentation has been sent. Think REED is a 2 week process so hopefully it goes smoothly and quickly.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Nope, if not in email by tomorrow pm then will chase up again.
Try call them as soon as it touches 9AM that’s what I tend to do, if I don’t receive a email by 12/1PM I chase it up again.
 

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Joined
8 Sep 2019
Messages
11,032
Location
London
A reminder that this thread is for people who submitted applications in 2022 or 2023.

For anyone that applied this year in 2024, please use the thread below:

 

Felicity

New Member
Joined
30 May 2024
Messages
2
Location
london
Hello guys,
Thanks for the updates .

Please I have few questions .
1-Is anyone aware of the next available training dates .
2- How soon after training does one resume?

Thank you .
 

CSANewbie2024

Member
Joined
11 Mar 2024
Messages
17
Location
Sutton
Still waiting on a start date here - with the bouncing me between roles and then offering start dates for the role after moving me, I'm expecting I'll probably have to do screening again before I'll get to start.
And since my screening took so long due to my long employment list last time (lots of short term contracts), I fear I'll miss that one too.
I do really want to start working with TFL but we it's been so long since I first applied there's only so long I can help holding on for before I literally have to take something else financially..

Here's hoping..
 

nish

New Member
Joined
6 Jun 2024
Messages
1
Location
london
There are 4 stages

1 - Online assessment
2 - Class room based assessment
3 - Role play
4 - Interview Via Teams (8 questions, 4 warm up questions and 4 scenario based questions)

Anyone need help with the above I'll be more than happy to help

I have all the answers for all the stages.

Good luck

Ps. I have been successful and waiting for my training.

There are 4 stages

1 - Online assessment
2 - Class room based assessment
3 - Role play
4 - Interview Via Teams (8 questions, 4 warm up questions and 4 scenario based questions)

Anyone need help with the above I'll be more than happy to help

I have all the answers for all the stages.

Good luck

Ps. I have been successful and waiting for my training.
I have an assessment coming up in Ashfeild House, They said it's gonna be the Written Communication Test and Data Interpretation Test.
Could you please tell how do I prepare for this one?

If you can, could you please sent me those answers.
You can mail me on auteurcrafts@gmail.com.

Thank you.
 

Neon321

Member
Joined
27 May 2024
Messages
13
Location
London
I have an assessment coming up in Ashfeild House, They said it's gonna be the Written Communication Test and Data Interpretation Test.
Could you please tell how do I prepare for this one?

If you can, could you please sent me those answers.
You can mail me on auteurcrafts@gmail.com.

Thank you.
I have the same test as you tomorrow, this post really helped me with preparing for it.

London Underground - CSA1 & CSA2 (2022 & 2023 applications)​

I got my medical on 20 and start date 27 may , when u had medical? I have not done medicals, I am still waiting to hear. Did you get a phone call?
www.railforums.co.uk

Overall from what I heard you just need to have good knowledge of the tube map, tube fares, and tube tickets, have basic numeracy and English correction skills, and be good with times management as it is a timed test. From what I heard it’s not difficult

(Ignore my last post)
 

Humza

New Member
Joined
6 Jun 2024
Messages
1
Location
London
Hi,
I applied Sept 2021, got offered the job October 22!

As far as I know they have a massive backlog from pre/post covid and don't have enough trainers.

I think the one you have applied is for the 2 year placement (which means it may take up to 2 years for you start) or it may be as soon as depending on the business needs.

However don't let that hinder your chances, keep going. I understand you're waiting for the classroom assessment.

Email me on mj.x@outlook.com, I'll pass on my number and we can go from there, that goes to anyone who are on the or waiting for the 2nd stage.
Applied for the CSA role many times and never go through the stages but this time round, I had a look online for help and came across this forum and I just wanted to say that I can vouch for Mabz’s help. He REALLY does help you as I got through the assessment centre with a pass. What a guy honestly, can’t thank him enough
 

Nad

New Member
Joined
16 Feb 2024
Messages
2
Location
Hull
Hiya. I’m really confused. I have applied for the Night Tube and I know it’s 15hours over the weekend. But I wanted to find out more about the training period. I heard it’s 4 weeks straight and I want to know if it’s true. Because I already have a 4 days job over the week during the day. I wouldn’t know how that would work if I have to attend a 4 week straight training.
 

Neon321

Member
Joined
27 May 2024
Messages
13
Location
London
Hiya. I’m really confused. I have applied for the Night Tube and I know it’s 15hours over the weekend. But I wanted to find out more about the training period. I heard it’s 4 weeks straight and I want to know if it’s true. Because I already have a 4 days job over the week during the day. I wouldn’t know how that would work if I have to attend a 4 week straight training.
If I remember correctly you cannot have another job while doing this night tube CSA job. So I think you’d have to either do one or the other
 
Joined
9 Jan 2023
Messages
64
Location
London
If I remember correctly you cannot have another job while doing this night tube CSA job. So I think you’d have to either do one or the other
This isn’t correct, you can work another part-time job as long as work doesn’t fall on Friday - Sun.
Hiya. I’m really confused. I have applied for the Night Tube and I know it’s 15hours over the weekend. But I wanted to find out more about the training period. I heard it’s 4 weeks straight and I want to know if it’s true. Because I already have a 4 days job over the week during the day. I wouldn’t know how that would work if I have to attend a 4 week straight training.
Yes, you’ll have to book leave/time off from your current job as training is full time. The vacancy posting was very clear about this.
 

bluegoblin7

Established Member
Joined
10 May 2011
Messages
2,166
Location
JB
This isn’t correct, you can work another part-time job as long as work doesn’t fall on Friday - Sun.
As always, though, "secondary employment" should always be declared as early as possible. It shouldn't be a problem as long as it doesn't clash, but there may still be impacts that only LU will be able to confirm or deny. Generally this is around working hours/fatigue management, but it can also include some 'competing' sectors or particular jobs that might clash with TfL's status as a local authority.
 

Neon321

Member
Joined
27 May 2024
Messages
13
Location
London
This isn’t correct, you can work another part-time job as long as work doesn’t fall on Friday - Sun.

Yes, you’ll have to book leave/time off from your current job as training is full time. The vacancy posting was very clear about this.
“Please be aware that you cannot take up this role and work in another capacity on Friday or Saturday or hold a full-time job Monday- Friday, as this contravenes safety and Working Time Regulations” - TFL job description

Based on that knowledge, unless he is working part time, he cannot work a full time role from/between Monday to Friday if he is also taking on this role
 

Mabz

Member
Joined
12 Aug 2020
Messages
13
Location
Elias5460
Hiya. I’m really confused. I have applied for the Night Tube and I know it’s 15hours over the weekend. But I wanted to find out more about the training period. I heard it’s 4 weeks straight and I want to know if it’s true. Because I already have a 4 days job over the week during the day. I wouldn’t know how that would work if I have to attend a 4 week straight training.
It's a straight 4 week training (0900-1700) there might be some weekend training involved depending on the business needs.

2 weeks classroom training & 2 weeks station training/shadowing

There's also an assessment to pass.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top