• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Underground - CSA1 & CSA2 (2022 & 2023 applications)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
9 Jan 2023
Messages
64
Location
London
This particular thread is only about London Underground CSA roles. If you're looking for those kinds of roles then I recommend registering on the TfL website above and setting up an email notification.

If you're after London Overground, then they are recruited at Arriva Rail London.

(Edit: I wonder if ARL use an agency for their CSAs? Maybe someone else will know.)
Carlisle Support Services and STM Group are the two agencies that spring to mind, the role is called 'Security Officer' as opposed to CSA, and thus all staff must have valid SIA licenses.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

J4YWG

On Moderation
Joined
6 Feb 2023
Messages
18
Location
Bridgend
This particular thread is only about London Underground CSA roles. If you're looking for those kinds of roles then I recommend registering on the TfL website above and setting up an email notification.

If you're after London Overground, then they are recruited at Arriva Rail London.

(Edit: I wonder if ARL use an agency for their CSAs? Maybe someone else will know.)
For now its just curiosity, cus I'm unable to work , so I'm seeing the thread for knowledge purpose for just in case, in the forum I never saw a thread like for the overground that's why I ask
 

Mawkie

Established Member
Joined
17 Feb 2016
Messages
1,285
Carlisle Support Services and STM Group are the two agencies that spring to mind, the role is called 'Security Officer' as opposed to CSA, and thus all staff must have valid SIA licenses.
Oh that's interesting. Do the Security Officers do anything different to CSAs? Perhaps revenue as well? The SIA licence seems a bit OTT.
 
Joined
9 Jan 2023
Messages
64
Location
London
Oh that's interesting. Do the Security Officers do anything different to CSAs? Perhaps revenue as well? The SIA licence seems a bit OTT.
Yep, I believe Carlisle does the revenue side of things on LO, STM has lost a lot of Overground work as of recent.

Security Officers are pretty much like CSAs, gateline, platform duties etc, ticket offices should be manned by ARL staff. The SIA license requirement is part of the agreement with Arriva Rail London - agency staff do have the responsibility of closing/opening stations (same with STM Group staff on Elizabeth Line East/West).

The wage is rubbish - last I heard they paid LLW.

I'm only going by what I've seen/been told so I could be wrong in some aspects.
 

Kreddy

Member
Joined
9 Jan 2024
Messages
70
Location
London
When did you do the interview?
Hello,
Thank you for responding.
I have cleared the written assessment and have my next round of interview in next 10 days. Roleplay and competency round,

Could you please help me with some more insights as to how your interview was and how did you get through?

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Got a phone call to get my training booked today, booked for 3rd march, the training is now 4 weeks long and is paid. You'll get your oyster and uniform the first day of training. (Provided you get through all the background checks)
Hey, how was your roleplay and SBI ? Could you please share your experience and what it was based up on how you were assessed? Anything I particular to keep in mind? I have my next stage in 10 days. Is any preparation needed?
 
Last edited:

gabsy

Member
Joined
12 Feb 2024
Messages
29
Location
Blackpool
There are 4 stages

1 - Online assessment
2 - Class room based assessment
3 - Role play
4 - Interview Via Teams (8 questions, 4 warm up questions and 4 scenario based questions)

Anyone need help with the above I'll be more than happy to help

I have all the answers for all the stages.

Good luck

Ps. I have been successful and waiting for my training.
How do I contact you, I need guidance for the role play as I am booked for Friday
 

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Joined
8 Sep 2019
Messages
11,030
Location
London
Can we please keep this topic relevant to London Underground CSA vacancies for the 2022/2023/2024 intake.

Discussion on other roles should take place in a new thread. Thanks.
 

Kreddy

Member
Joined
9 Jan 2024
Messages
70
Location
London
Hey guys i just received my
Conditional offer today.. does anyone knows the next steps
Hello, could you please give some insights about your roleplay and SBI ? It would help me too, have had this scheduled for next week. Thank you

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Thank you. I just got a load of emails this morning from my recruitment manager and from reed so I’m going to get onto that this morning.. my employment history is easy because I’ve been in the same
Job for 9 years☺️

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Question? I heard it could be months before getting a start date, any truth on this.
Hello,
I’ve got my roleplay and SBI coming up next week. Could you please share your experience as to how it went for you and what are the things that I should be mindful about? Please share as much information you could possibly do, That will help most of us here. Also, any prior preparation needed? What’s been done in your Role play and SBI? Like how did you manage to crack the STAR method.

Thank you for your time and help.
 
Last edited:

San.

Member
Joined
31 Jan 2024
Messages
23
Location
London
What are you going for assessment or role play

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==


Ok I just saw this. You will do role play first if you pass you will then go on todo the SBI. If you look bk in the chats there is loads of info on role plays but there basically looking for you to check tickets, sympathise with customer, be friendly and the aim is to always get the passenger through the gates even if they don’t have correct ticket. Once you have passed that you will go for interview. They will give you a scenario and they want you to use the STAR method to explain what you would do.

Would love if you got any more tips on the role play
 

sdpo15

Member
Joined
14 Feb 2024
Messages
15
Location
London
Got a phone call to get my training booked today, booked for 3rd march, the training is now 4 weeks long and is paid. You'll get your oyster and uniform the first day of training. (Provided you get through all the background checks)
Hey - have you received your contract yet?
I’m due to start 18th March and wondering if they stick to 3 weeks before training for contract or if it’s more around the 2 week mark?
 

San.

Member
Joined
31 Jan 2024
Messages
23
Location
London
Hey - have you received your contract yet?
I’m due to start 18th March and wondering if they stick to 3 weeks before training for contract or if it’s more around the 2 week mark?

Wow I was only able to get an appointment for roleplay for march 18th, couldn't see any earlier dates. So if I do get the role wouldnt start until april then
 

sdpo15

Member
Joined
14 Feb 2024
Messages
15
Location
London
Wow I was only able to get an appointment for roleplay for march 18th, couldn't see any earlier dates. So if I do get the role wouldnt start until april then
I had my role play 12th Jan and was offered a start of 26th feb initially
 

gabsy

Member
Joined
12 Feb 2024
Messages
29
Location
Blackpool
I have my role play tomorrow, I know alot has been said about role play in the previous pages and I have read all, can someone please tell me something to expect
 

bluegoblin7

Established Member
Joined
10 May 2011
Messages
2,165
Location
JB
Was what full time? The training? I didn’t ask the specific hours actually lol - but i believe it’s mon to fri 9-5 in west ken. and it’s for 4 weeks
This is correct, although towards the end some of the training will be ‘on location’ within zone 1 - your trainers will advise you of this.
 

coffeetable

Member
Joined
4 Oct 2023
Messages
87
Location
LONDON
Was what full time? The training? I didn’t ask the specific hours actually lol - but i believe it’s mon to fri 9-5 in west ken. and it’s for 4 weeks
I mean, was the job a full-time or part-time job you were offered after the training?
 

bluegoblin7

Established Member
Joined
10 May 2011
Messages
2,165
Location
JB
Good luck! I'm waiting for the training dates for my part-time evening job. If you wouldn't mind, what is the annual salary for full-time? Did it go up after being initially advertised?
No change from as I posted a few weeks ago:
This will be the new salary effective 1 April 2023 if the deal is accepted. It will apply to all staff, irrespective of start date.

If you start before implementation (likely in May) you will receive the relevant back pay, pro rata as necessary.

Negotiations for the 2024 pay deal (effective 1 April 2024) begin in the next few weeks - again, this will be applied retrospectively to your start date once agreed.

You could work out the relevant uplift based around 5%+£1000 (+£200/£400 at the relevant thresholds) but the exact figure won’t be known - especially for pro rata PT roles - until the implementation notices are issued in a couple of months’ time.

Work on the advertised salary and take the uplift as a bonus would be my advice.
 

eastldn12

Member
Joined
26 Jan 2024
Messages
57
Location
London
Hey - have you received your contract yet?
I’m due to start 18th March and wondering if they stick to 3 weeks before training for contract or if it’s more around the 2 week mark?
Yeah I got it like 2 weeks after, my start is the 4th of March but I had to push back my medical to the 28th because I got a cough so I'm not sure if i'll be starting on the 4th anymore!

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Hello,
Thank you for responding.
I have cleared the written assessment and have my next round of interview in next 10 days. Roleplay and competency round,

Could you please help me with some more insights as to how your interview was and how did you get through?

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==


Hey, how was your roleplay and SBI ? Could you please share your experience and what it was based up on how you were assessed? Anything I particular to keep in mind? I have my next stage in 10 days. Is any preparation needed?
I think the main important thing to do in the roleplay is always appear helpful, like don't give them a no, always look for a solution even if it's not necessarily the right one, I think they're mostly looking for a willingness to help.

The SBI is probably a lot easier in my opinion, you'll get a sheet of paper with a scenario on it, you'll take some notes and then present your findings on how you'd respond in the scenario.
 

Kreddy

Member
Joined
9 Jan 2024
Messages
70
Location
London
Yeah I got it like 2 weeks after, my start is the 4th of March but I had to push back my medical to the 28th because I got a cough so I'm not sure if i'll be starting on the 4th anymore!

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==


I think the main important thing to do in the roleplay is always appear helpful, like don't give them a no, always look for a solution even if it's not necessarily the right one, I think they're mostly looking for a willingness to help.

The SBI is probably a lot easier in my opinion, you'll get a sheet of paper with a scenario on it, you'll take some notes and then present your findings on how you'd respond in the scenario.
Thank you for your kindness mate! I appreciate your inputs and would definitely love to progress further. After the Roleplay, is it the SBI or a competency based interview?

Could you please help on this?

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Hey guys i just received my
Conditional offer today.. does anyone knows the next steps
Hey Mate! Could you please share your experience? Is it the Roleplay first and SBI ? Or Roleplay and competency based Interview?

I am quite not sure about what could be going on in the next rounds and if I am able to perform at my best levels. Could you please shed some light ?

Is it tough or what are they looking at to be precise ?
 
Last edited:

Flow

Member
Joined
8 Feb 2024
Messages
23
Location
London
Hey.
So I’m not able to start training till may because I’m already employed under TfL’s umbrella, apparently it’s there rule but I’m cool with that.. medical in march..

I’ve got loads of material on role play but not sure how to share on a one to one. I would say smile when appropriate, show concern, make the role play last a good amount of time, small talk always leading to the costumers exit from the station,
even if the they don’t have the correct ticket never refuse exit BUT always remind that its important to travel with the correct ticket throughout the network.. Depends on your role play scenario. My scenario was passenger with his foot on the seat SUPER EASY, but there are more complex scenarios.

SBI you will get a senecio, then 10 mins to take notes then you have to present your findings.. I used the STAR METHOD to structure my findings. I tried to keep it short and sweet but my interviewer kept on asking my to Elaborate MORE which was annoying… but I got through it.

Good luck
 

MoTfL

New Member
Joined
18 Feb 2024
Messages
1
Location
London
Let me know if you need any help or go back to my posts*

Good luck
Hi lovely to read your posts. I have failed the role play with the homeless man scenario my nervousness took over and failed at that stage. Noticed CSA campaign re listed. Love to receive your help for preparation. Not sure how long I must wait before reapplying.
 

Kreddy

Member
Joined
9 Jan 2024
Messages
70
Location
London
Thank you mate for this time and effort you’ve put in. Is there anyway that I can contact you for further material for roleplay?

Also, Regarding SBI, do we need to take notes in 10 mins and explain the notes using STAR method?
 

eastldn12

Member
Joined
26 Jan 2024
Messages
57
Location
London
Thank you for your kindness mate! I appreciate your inputs and would definitely love to progress further. After the Roleplay, is it the SBI or a competency based interview?

Could you please help on this?

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==


Hey Mate! Could you please share your experience? Is it the Roleplay first and SBI ? Or Roleplay and competency based Interview?

I am quite not sure about what could be going on in the next rounds and if I am able to perform at my best levels. Could you please shed some light ?

Is it tough or what are they looking at to be precise ?
After the roleplay if you make it past, theyll put you in a room and let you know if you've made it through to the SBI or youre going home.
 

gabsy

Member
Joined
12 Feb 2024
Messages
29
Location
Blackpool
Thank you mate for this time and effort you’ve put in. Is there anyway that I can contact you for further material for roleplay?

Also, Regarding SBI, do we need to take notes in 10 mins and explain the notes using STAR method?
Ignore STAR method in the SBI
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top