Blindtraveler
Established Member
- Joined
- 28 Feb 2011
- Messages
- 10,544
chedda when I had one
boswellk said:Our complimentary menu is served after departing all primary stations along the Anglo Scottish route which are:
King's Cross
Peterborough
York
Newcastle
Edinburgh
Also I have got confirmation that if you want to know what you should be offered food wise when not joining one of the principle station (as listed above) you need to check what is being offered at the next principle station not the station at which you are joining. See here for thread.
Hello, what's the hot food offering on the All Day Menu atm? I'm travelling from PBO to EBD and back next month returning on the 14:00 service back from Edi.
Also are there any chances that I'll be able to upgrade on the 08:16 leaving PBO? Will it probably be full? I wouldn't mind getting a nice breakfast on my long journey!

On my last trip from Newark North Gate to Kings Cross it was aprox an hour and a half's journey. According to EC's publicity that means I should get the full works re food because it's over 70 mins (I didn't btw), but according to what you just wrote I'd only get what pax from Peterborough get, ie a few snacks and cup of coffee.![]()
Anyone? Please![]()
Something interesting cropped up in the East Coast Managers Forum this afternoon (which is still ongoing for another 20 minutes by the by) if you look at this thread there is a message from Karen Boswell informing when exactly the food should be offered to passengers. In case people can't access this for whatever reason then I've also included it below:
I also questioned them over the lack of evening meal services southbound and was given the party line of catering losing £21m previous to the changeover before they finally informed me that the evening meal services had only been provided on services where the demand had been strong before May 2011 and that none of the southbound services were felt to have enough demand and that there were no plans to introduce any in the near future. See here for thread.
Also I have got confirmation that if you want to know what you should be offered food wise when not joining one of the principle station (as listed above) you need to check what is being offered at the next principle station not the station at which you are joining. See here for thread.
It changes weekly - will typically be a pie and chips/jacket potato/sandwiches.
Don't expect food more than once, even if your journey is timetabled for 4+ hours and is running half an hour late. Don't expect more than three cold drinks. Oh, and it's biscuits or crisps.
0816 from PBO is unlikely to be very busy - it often has some Tier 1/2/3 1st advances left up to a few days beforehand.
Sorry to be a pain - but was the subject of "Tightness on Toast" raised - ie it should be an automatic offer of two slices![]()
What is it with you and toast?![]()
I'd suggest adjusting your guestimates quite radically:-. . . If say 30% of EC passengers travel 1st class (which is a pure guess) then extrapolated up this means 50% of 1st class passengers have an issue with the current catering arrangements.
Something interesting cropped up in the East Coast Managers Forum this afternoon (which is still ongoing for another 20 minutes by the by) if you look at this thread there is a message from Karen Boswell informing when exactly the food should be offered to passengers.
Sorry to be a pain - but was the subject of "Tightness on Toast" raised - ie it should be an automatic offer of two slices
Damn it I knew I forgot to ask something vital
But in all seriousness I suspect such a question would have got a standard reply of that's not right we'll re-brief our staff on what their supposed to be giving out or that's correct but we're constantly re-evaluating our offer based on feedback and if there is sufficient demand we will consider changes :roll:
Are you seriously suggesting they would consider it abnormal to offer a guest two slices of toast.....aka Oliver Twist
With EC these days it seems anything is possible!
Well I may be unusual in this but normally I would expect an order of toast to comprise of a least two slices![]()
In the months since Elaine left EC, I've noticed a growing 'slap-dash' attitude amongst crew, very much a 'you'll get what you're given' mindset without being too bothered about customer service. Not helped by overhearing a crew lead telling pax his team were getting hacked-off with the demands of the food runs. Maybe that's why there's been the unannounced policy of only doing complimentaries from the few principal stations?
I do wish EC wouldn't serve the slice off the end of the cake. That's not good manners.
Isn't the end slice usually the biggest?
Nothing is "the biggest" when it comes to East Coast Catering ......apart from the disappointment![]()