Butts
Veteran Member
Lets be really radical and call it a buffet and have a first class dining car?
That's full circle back to where it started and should have stayed
Lets be really radical and call it a buffet and have a first class dining car?
That's full circle back to where it started and should have stayed![]()

Ah you got my point then.![]()
Regarding FGW travelling chef, IMHO the menu is very limited, OK if you like Omelettes.
It's not a restaurant but I wouldn't say it was limited...
http://www.firstgreatwestern.co.uk/Content.aspx?id=1124
There's a fairly reasonable selection there in my view.
Regarding FGW travelling chef, IMHO the menu is very limited, OK if you like Omelettes.
I also think that East Coast should have a better food service on the Inverness and Aberdeen services, and arguably the Edinburghs also.
I agree with your second point - I'm suprised Alex Salmond has not jumped on the b/w it looks like discrimination or a 2nd class service up here.![]()

Wish I'd known about this; a 5 minute walk from my office and I can see the Dundee-Perth line and it's always good to watch an HST heading along there.Return journey same as outward on leaving Aberdeen and Dundee . Unfortunately signalling problems meant after Dundee train diverted via Perth and Stirling adding half an hour to journey![]()
Wish I'd known about this; a 5 minute walk from my office and I can see the Dundee-Perth line and it's always good to watch an HST heading along there.
Ah...I'd assumed it was the 14.50. I forgot there was a later departure that went to Leeds.It's not so good if your on the blooming thing - it was the 1816 from Aberdeen.
Ah...I'd assumed it was the 14.50. I forgot there was a later departure that went to Leeds.
Thanks for this. Could you just clarify two points from your report, please?Trip report. . . .
Thanks for this. Could you just clarify two points from your report, please?
Did your First Class hosts change personnel once (at Edin) or twice (Newcastle & Edin)? and
can you tell us how well, after 8 hours of normal daytime, you felt you had eaten? (Did you run into one of Invernesses' restaurants, Tesco, take-aways or home cooking?).
I'd genuinely like to know if you left EC after 8 hours (plus connection times and waiting times at both ends) feeling that you had eaten adequately, inadequately or excessively - thanks.
Tea consisted of cream cheese and onion bahji sandwiches

onion bahji sandwiches??
Are they trying to reduce food waste by using up left overs?