• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Midland assessment day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SJN

Member
Joined
20 Oct 2012
Messages
408
Location
Birmingham
Well I just passed the medical, so hopefully I'll hear something from them soon. Glad you finally heard something Cobbler. Let us know how you get on.
 

cobbler

Member
Joined
12 Apr 2012
Messages
191
Well I just passed the medical, so hopefully I'll hear something from them soon. Glad you finally heard something Cobbler. Let us know how you get on.
cheers mate

spoke to them today im going straight throughn to interview :D

december interviews
 

Komma

Member
Joined
12 Apr 2012
Messages
122
Hi Komma. Have you heard anything yet following the medical? I have mine tomorrow morning. My friend who works there told me some people are starting in December.

Still waiting for a call,but I am guessing they are waiting for all the medicals to be done before offering positions.According to the instructor I met he has new recruits to train well into the new year, so there is hope for those who passed, but did not get offered a job.
 

monty9120

Member
Joined
10 Jan 2012
Messages
125
Still waiting for a call,but I am guessing they are waiting for all the medicals to be done before offering positions.According to the instructor I met he has new recruits to train well into the new year, so there is hope for those who passed, but did not get offered a job.

its not so much we havent been offered a job. we didnt even get the interview yet that others have had :lol:
 

RAPIDO

Member
Joined
23 Oct 2012
Messages
7
Attended testing day on 15th October, received no updates until yesterday... received an e-mail stating i had passed the tests but my application will be put on hold until January, however, i will still complete the process and attend an interview and medical in the mean time.
 

sd0733

Established Member
Joined
7 Nov 2012
Messages
5,198
Had my medical today and passed so hoping to hear something in the next few days about what happens next.
Good luck to all the guys still in the process at various stages.
 

SJN

Member
Joined
20 Oct 2012
Messages
408
Location
Birmingham
At the medical, she said it takes a couple of days for the drug screening result, so hopefully we might hear something more next week.
 

cobbler

Member
Joined
12 Apr 2012
Messages
191
Out the station through the Pallisades onto New Street, down the ramp, left and left again, and you'll see the entarnce to it on the right. It's a very posh hotel, that one!! Where bouts are you in N'ampton??

im in the kingsley area , i dont need to go to the assessment ive spoken to HR and my last results are still valid , they advised that ill go straight to interview and will inform me asap , more than likely december ,in the meantime ive had the on hold email but active

now heres the confusing thing , im sure they have a large group of people who passed who are waiting , even though they didnt get the chance to interview
so why the need to hold more assessments ?? does that mean that in the same vein as the last groups that some will and some wont ?

the last time i tried and there was only a couple of vacancies i believe everyone who passed got interviewed

all though i dont think it was the same volume
 

sd0733

Established Member
Joined
7 Nov 2012
Messages
5,198
At the medical, she said it takes a couple of days for the drug screening result, so hopefully we might hear something more next week.
Think mine said 24-48 hours aswell so hopefully all be back after the weekend.They can't leave it that much longer now as there's only next week and the week after and it'll have to be done if want us to start on 7/1 for the 4 weeks notice.
 

MKN86

Member
Joined
8 Oct 2012
Messages
18
As you say cobbler seems strange to hold more assessments when like myself there are people who passed the assessments and haven't had an interview.
 

RAPIDO

Member
Joined
23 Oct 2012
Messages
7
Hi ALL,
Has anyone still got a copy of the original advert for the Trainee Senior Conductor role - which ended 28/09/12 ? iam sure the advertised salary was as follows: starting salary21,500 then £28,000 after completion of training?
Thanks for your help.
 

SJN

Member
Joined
20 Oct 2012
Messages
408
Location
Birmingham
Hi ALL,
Has anyone still got a copy of the original advert for the Trainee Senior Conductor role - which ended 28/09/12 ? iam sure the advertised salary was as follows: starting salary21,500 then £28,000 after completion of training?
Thanks for your help.

£20,389 training £26,819 starting qualified rate.
 

RAPIDO

Member
Joined
23 Oct 2012
Messages
7
Thanks SJN, i believe the qualified rate commences after 12 months? i wonder if overtime is available after completion of training?
 

Roverman

Member
Joined
22 Oct 2012
Messages
509
Further to the 2 emails I received on Weds confirming my application was on hold until Jan (possibly) I have since received another email inviting me to an interview.

The game is back on!
 

MuttleyBOT

Member
Joined
27 Oct 2012
Messages
43
Roverman - good luck with your interview, when is it? I got the 'on hold' until January email too so good to hear there may be hope of an earlier interview.
 

TDK

Established Member
Joined
19 Apr 2008
Messages
4,164
Location
Crewe
I have a friend who is pally with one of the staff at 102 new st, and her other half has applied as well. She told me according to the bloke at head office that people will hear early next week, Monday or Tuesday. Good luck!

The staff should not give out this information, I know quite a few pally people "yawn"
 

plastictaffy

Member
Joined
18 Nov 2012
Messages
1,104
Location
Unfortunately, Maps has stopped.
Still waiting for my medical date. Phoned them thursday to ask when it would be, and they said they'll be in touch within the next couple of days. Apparently, the lady dealing with the recruitment process has been very busy, as some people started today. Getting a bit antsy now!!!
 

cobbler

Member
Joined
12 Apr 2012
Messages
191
Still waiting for my medical date. Phoned them thursday to ask when it would be, and they said they'll be in touch within the next couple of days. Apparently, the lady dealing with the recruitment process has been very busy, as some people started today. Getting a bit antsy now!!!

your further along than most mate , still waiting for my interview :cry:
but good luck i hope you hear soon
 

cobbler

Member
Joined
12 Apr 2012
Messages
191
Cobbler - you could phone them for an update. The number that will help is 0121 6541194.

cheers mate , called them last week , they advised me that ill be interviewed sometime in December , ive got a let the cards fall where they may attitude now
if it happens great if not ive done more than ive ever done before for a job and cant do anymore and just see what happens , but its allrdy quite plain that this process isnt quite kosha :lol:
 

sd0733

Established Member
Joined
7 Nov 2012
Messages
5,198
I've not heard anything yet, was hoping would have heard something by now.
 

Komma

Member
Joined
12 Apr 2012
Messages
122
I spoke to HR 2 days ago and the lady told me training would start in February,despite being told at the assessment that it would start in January.I then told her this and she said a small batch was starting in Jan,but the bigger group were starting in Feb,but she didn't know which one I was in.
In the meantime Virgin have offered to make my position permanent with them working on the platforms,so I am in two minds as to what to do and it doesn't help with LM dragging their feet.
 

plastictaffy

Member
Joined
18 Nov 2012
Messages
1,104
Location
Unfortunately, Maps has stopped.
I have a date for my medical of 11th December. LM are cutting it fine for me to start in Jan, as I have to give 3 weeks notice to my current employer.......The start date I am hearing for those starting in Jan is the 7th.
 

SJN

Member
Joined
20 Oct 2012
Messages
408
Location
Birmingham
I rang on Friday and was told nobody was starting in January. The induction has been put off until February due to the people starting last week. It seems people are hearing different things so I'll just wait and see.
 

Roverman

Member
Joined
22 Oct 2012
Messages
509
Well my interview is tomorrow morning, anything I need to know? I imagine it will be done by lunchtime as I have already passed the assessments.

I've been told by someone who works at New Street that its good to know who is in charge etc I'm also going to talk about how impressed I am with their Training and Development programme.
 

cobbler

Member
Joined
12 Apr 2012
Messages
191
Well my interview is tomorrow morning, anything I need to know? I imagine it will be done by lunchtime as I have already passed the assessments.

I've been told by someone who works at New Street that its good to know who is in charge etc I'm also going to talk about how impressed I am with their Training and Development programme.

learn about govia , there ethos etc , remember questions are structured and they will score you on each answer

last time i didnt know enough about govia and on my feedback that was the only question that i fell down on and as it turned out that was the reason i didnt get through

good luck mate
 

Roverman

Member
Joined
22 Oct 2012
Messages
509
Well I have been and come back. I think it went ok, just got to wait and see now!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top