• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Midland assessment day

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJN

Member
Joined
20 Oct 2012
Messages
408
Location
Birmingham
Well done Komma, same as me then. I had another call today about dates for medical and they said they will send the date and time shortly. Where are you looking to be based? I'm in Birmingham.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Komma

Member
Joined
12 Apr 2012
Messages
122
I asked for Watford, as I live 5 minutes away and told them that any other depot wouldn't make sense.
 

monty9120

Member
Joined
10 Jan 2012
Messages
125
the guy today said noone from this batch had been sent an interview request yet

have you both applied for jobs before or already work for lm?

would seem quite unfair as the assessments didnt finish till today
 

SJN

Member
Joined
20 Oct 2012
Messages
408
Location
Birmingham
Hi Monty. No I had my assessment on 15/10. Never applied before and don't work for them already. In my interview on 23/10 they told me that they are starting people in different stages with the first lot starting on 7/1. Lots of people from the first lot of assessments on 15/16 and 17/10 haven't heard anything yet either.
 

Komma

Member
Joined
12 Apr 2012
Messages
122
I work on the platforms at Euston for Virgin and had my assessment the same day as SJN and was told the same.
 

cobbler

Member
Joined
12 Apr 2012
Messages
191
i called them today but its difficult to speak to anyone or really glean any decent info , i was told they would get back to me over the next few days but i dont think they will , got the feeling that they were really overun

she did say they had over 1000 applicants and some assesments havent been done yet , i put down for 5 different depots

i wont call anymore as they will start to think im a stalker lol , if its not to be then its not to be , good luck to everyone who gets through , i loved my time on the railway , mayb ill get back there oneday
 

monty9120

Member
Joined
10 Jan 2012
Messages
125
the last assessments were today so hopefully some movement will be made.

they did say 10-14 working days and you will get a email whether you passed or failed apparentely
 

sd0733

Established Member
Joined
7 Nov 2012
Messages
5,198
Hi, new poster here, been reading for a while but as on my phone I couldnt register.
I've also had a phone call yesterday inviting me to the medical and just waiting for the details now. They also were making it quite clear that it wasnt an official job offer at this point, is this the way LM are working this one not to offer a conditional offer subject to medical and has everyone else whos got through been told the same?

I applied as Crewe or the 2 Birmingham depots

Well done to others who've got through and good luck to those still waiting.
 

MuttleyBOT

Member
Joined
27 Oct 2012
Messages
43
sd0733 - did you do your assessments on the Monday? I put down the same as you and haven't heard anything.

It seems as though they have only progressed those who went on the Monday - does anyone know of anything different?
 

sd0733

Established Member
Joined
7 Nov 2012
Messages
5,198
Yes I was on the assesments Monday 15th October, interview on Monday 22nd October and had my letter through now for a medical at the Bupa centre in Solihull on 21st November.
 

flimes

Member
Joined
22 Oct 2012
Messages
8
my friend at LM just text me that LM are contacting internal applicants for interviews and should contact the rest of us after they have finished with them.
 

SJN

Member
Joined
20 Oct 2012
Messages
408
Location
Birmingham
Hi. Yes I was also told this was not a job offer at the moment. Just hope the medical goes ok. Mine is on 21/11. I am not an internal applicant. I think they are just processing in the order of assessments. Who knows though? Good luck everybody.
 

monty9120

Member
Joined
10 Jan 2012
Messages
125
can anyone confirm what date they had to apply by?

are these all for the trainee conductor role? or are they for conductor jobs

seems odd people are already at medical stage where as some people have only just had there assessment
 

SJN

Member
Joined
20 Oct 2012
Messages
408
Location
Birmingham
Monty. We all applied for the Trainee Senior Conductor role that closed on 28/9. Some assessments took place between 15-17 October and some of those from those days had out interviews the following week and now some of us have been invited to take a medical. Because of the large amount of applicants, they carried out further assessments this week and you have been told you will here in around 14 days if you make interview or not. As I said before, the first lot of people are starting on the 7/1, then there will be more stages starting after that. It is an ongoing process.
 

monty9120

Member
Joined
10 Jan 2012
Messages
125
well the assessor said no one has had an interview yet. thus the reason i asked :)
 

SJN

Member
Joined
20 Oct 2012
Messages
408
Location
Birmingham
Nobody from the latest stage of assessments maybe but you can see from reading this thread from the beginning that quite a few of us from the original assessments have. They did two days worth of interviews on the Monday and Tuesday 22/23 October. Good luck
 

Roverman

Member
Joined
22 Oct 2012
Messages
509
Those who went 15/16th Oct seem to have heard but myself and others who went on 17th have not heard anything. We did not know at the time there were to be further assessments (I was told to attend on the 17th or not bother as no other dates were available!). We were also told the papers would be marked and we would hear within 7 days as they wanted to do the interviews sooner rather than later. Now we are reading on here that they may not have marked the papers as yet.

I really want this job but I'm not sure how else I can demonstrate this to LM?
 

MKN86

Member
Joined
8 Oct 2012
Messages
18
I don't think people from the 16th October onwards have heard. I haven't anyway. Ive been and spoke to them since and was told my applications on hold effectively as they had over 1000 people apply for 21 jobs and that id recieve a letter confirming my assessment result over the next week or 2.
 

cobbler

Member
Joined
12 Apr 2012
Messages
191
Those who went 15/16th Oct seem to have heard but myself and others who went on 17th have not heard anything. We did not know at the time there were to be further assessments (I was told to attend on the 17th or not bother as no other dates were available!). We were also told the papers would be marked and we would hear within 7 days as they wanted to do the interviews sooner rather than later. Now we are reading on here that they may not have marked the papers as yet.

I really want this job but I'm not sure how else I can demonstrate this to LM?

i tried to demonstate my keeness too roverman , i called 3 times spoke to 3 different people , who all sounded helpfull but couldnt really give any concrete info , i emailed about 5 times :D i even got hold of the top lady in recruitments email adress and mailed her ( risk of going to far maybe )

i would think they have filled the quota by now tbh , ive given up thinking it will progress , i think if i who has 9 years on the job in a similar role at the depot i chose and a refereral from a traincrew manager and a good work record doesnt even get an interview ( and im not blowing my own trumpet )

i think its a luck senario of a sort , if you can get an interview and get to medical you still maybe in a group of 50 which they will pick the best candidates ( as we all would )

were all filtered through a 1000 applications so the odds are against

as i say ill take it on the chin that i wont progress and maybe try another toc

best of luck to the guys going through , its a great job and industry
 

350231

Member
Joined
9 Oct 2012
Messages
19
i tried to demonstate my keeness too roverman , i called 3 times spoke to 3 different people , who all sounded helpfull but couldnt really give any concrete info , i emailed about 5 times :D i even got hold of the top lady in recruitments email adress and mailed her ( risk of going to far maybe )

i would think they have filled the quota by now tbh , ive given up thinking it will progress , i think if i who has 9 years on the job in a similar role at the depot i chose and a refereral from a traincrew manager and a good work record doesnt even get an interview ( and im not blowing my own trumpet )

i think its a luck senario of a sort , if you can get an interview and get to medical you still maybe in a group of 50 which they will pick the best candidates ( as we all would )

were all filtered through a 1000 applications so the odds are against

as i say ill take it on the chin that i wont progress and maybe try another toc

best of luck to the guys going through , its a great job and industry
If all positions were taken we would have been informed by now. As stated around 100 times very few people if any from the Tuesday on wards have been informed yet. Whether successful, unsuccessful or put in their talent pool we will all receive an email when they know what is happening.
 

MuttleyBOT

Member
Joined
27 Oct 2012
Messages
43
MKN86 - I think you're right - it seems to be only those who did their assessments on Mon 15th that have heard anything - no-one else from
16th onwards has posted to say they've heard anything - I did mine on 16th.

I'm guessing they started progressing Monday's then realised the task was too big so put all others on hold until the final assessments were done this week. I reckon we will all hear one way or the other by end of next week with interviews the following week - that way they should be able to select enough people to get to medicals in order for them to give 4 weeks notice to start the course in January.

I have done the course previously with another toc and there are usually about 8 on a course - does anyone know if LM are different?
 

Komma

Member
Joined
12 Apr 2012
Messages
122
I have got my medical booked for this Wednesday in central London. I have been told by a London Midland RMT rep that recruits working on the old Silverlink route (south of Brum)receive full pay after training. While the rest have to complete a year on the training rate.
 

SJN

Member
Joined
20 Oct 2012
Messages
408
Location
Birmingham
Komma, if thats's the case, would that include me as if I'm offered a position, it should be in Birmingham hopefully.
 

Komma

Member
Joined
12 Apr 2012
Messages
122
Komma, if thats's the case, would that include me as if I'm offered a position, it should be in Birmingham hopefully.

From what I was told, people working in Birmingham and north of there have to complete a year on the training rate. It is to do with how the lines worked before they became London Midland.
 

SJN

Member
Joined
20 Oct 2012
Messages
408
Location
Birmingham
Ok. Thanks for that. I'll wait and see what happens after the medical. Hope you get on ok with yours.
 

SJN

Member
Joined
20 Oct 2012
Messages
408
Location
Birmingham
Hi Terry. I dont think LM are advertising at the moment for trainee drivers. These assessment days were for trainee conductors. You could try posting on one of the driver threads or having a read through them for some more info. Good luck.
 

cobbler

Member
Joined
12 Apr 2012
Messages
191
has anyone else heard anything yet ??

i wonder when they will do the last of the interviews , at least once done will we know either way

ive been told that ill get an interview but heard nothing
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top