• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Midland assessment day

Status
Not open for further replies.

monty9120

Member
Joined
10 Jan 2012
Messages
125
does anyone have any feedback on the assesment stage. how long does it take. do they ask you questions from the whole booklet?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SJN

Member
Joined
20 Oct 2012
Messages
408
Location
Birmingham
Hi. This assessment was for Senior Conductor. The closing date was 28/9. Did you apply or have you got one with another company? Basically we did the concentration test which on mine was finding groups of four dots on pages full of dots. After that we had to work out prices of tickets and change due and then check tickets already issued to see if they were valid and lastly, we had to read a lot of statements and then answer multiple choice questions about them. We were there for around two hours. Hope this helps.
 

MKN86

Member
Joined
8 Oct 2012
Messages
18
I can't believe that people here from the assessments Tuesday and Wednesday are still yet to hear anything. I'm in Birmingham next week might pop in and ask how I got on in person.
 

SJN

Member
Joined
20 Oct 2012
Messages
408
Location
Birmingham
It does seem strange that you haven't heard anything at all. Have you tried to call or email yet?
 

MKN86

Member
Joined
8 Oct 2012
Messages
18
Ive emailed heard nothing, called at start of this week and they said they were still in the process of letting people know how they get on. I'm in Birmingham anyway next week so can't do any harm to go and ask I guess.
 

monty9120

Member
Joined
10 Jan 2012
Messages
125
for the trainee conductor i only heard today. i havent had any interviews or tests yet.

did people think the booklet helped? i had to print mine off to make it easier
 

SJN

Member
Joined
20 Oct 2012
Messages
408
Location
Birmingham
Hi Monty. This position closed on 28 September. As far as I know all the assesment days were held last week. If you have received an email from London Midland with the test practice material, it would say on there when your assessment is to take place.
 

monty9120

Member
Joined
10 Jan 2012
Messages
125
i applied before the 28th so must be the same batch. my assessment is booked for 2 weeks time just wanted to know what to expect.
 

SJN

Member
Joined
20 Oct 2012
Messages
408
Location
Birmingham
Well it does help a lot to use the practice tests. Just keep doing them over and over until you understand them properly. Good luck
 

cobbler

Member
Joined
12 Apr 2012
Messages
191
i spoke to the HR team the other day to find out the situation , this is what i gathered from what i was told , interviews are decided on assessment score so just passing may not be enough to secure an interview
also the assessments are not complete they will be inviting more people and its ongoing
so people who haven't heard don't worry yet
 

MuttleyBOT

Member
Joined
27 Oct 2012
Messages
43
I went for assessments last Tuesday and have not heard anything back yet. I phoned and they said they are still progressing things. Can't see it being done in a hurry if they are scheduling more assessments for a couple of weeks time as Monty says, so I guess it's just a case of wait and see!!
 

Polarbear

Established Member
Joined
24 May 2008
Messages
1,926
Location
Birkenhead
There's another round of assessment days coming up next week, which will be followed by interviews where applicable for those who are successful at the testing stage.

I wouldn't expect any job offers to be made until after all applicants have gone through all stages of the process.
 

SJN

Member
Joined
20 Oct 2012
Messages
408
Location
Birmingham
Has anyone heard back from their interview yet? I know we were told 7-10 days but, I heard off my friend who works there yesterday that they are not letting people know until around 16th November.
 

Roverman

Member
Joined
22 Oct 2012
Messages
509
Cutting it a bit fine aren't they? Most people have to give a months notice! I'm sure they said they wanted us to start in January!
 

flimes

Member
Joined
22 Oct 2012
Messages
8
I'm stilling waiting to hear back about how I did on my Assessment :(

Congratulations on getting through the interview SJN
 

SJN

Member
Joined
20 Oct 2012
Messages
408
Location
Birmingham
Thanks Flimes. When was your assessment? When I went for interview, they told me they were starting people in several different stages so good luck.
 

Roverman

Member
Joined
22 Oct 2012
Messages
509
Yes well done SJN. I still haven't been called for interview yet. Fingers crossed!
 

flimes

Member
Joined
22 Oct 2012
Messages
8
Assessment was on 17th October. I have emailed and they said that they haven't finished marking yet, this was a fortnight ago.

A friend that works as a conductor already says he's been told they should let people know by the 16th so still hope for those of us that haven't anything yet.
 

SJN

Member
Joined
20 Oct 2012
Messages
408
Location
Birmingham
Well I hope you both hear something soon. My friend who works there told me the 16th as well. I just hope I pass the medical now. Fingers crossed.
 

cobbler

Member
Joined
12 Apr 2012
Messages
191
i haven,t heard anything either , i,m hoping at least they would let people know they haven,t progressed but all seems very quiet , just got the feeling that they wont tell people anything

got to admit i,m gutted , think i may have to give up on getting back on the railways
 

SJN

Member
Joined
20 Oct 2012
Messages
408
Location
Birmingham
Cobbler, don't give up yet. Why not give them another call and see what the situation is? You still might hear by the 16th if that is really the cut off date.
 

cobbler

Member
Joined
12 Apr 2012
Messages
191
cheers m8 , im in a slightly different situation , i have allrdy passed the assessment in march but didnt get through on the interview ( only a couple vacancies then ) so thought id try again

ive even got a refer a friend done by a tc manager ( i worked as a guard for 9 years )with LM but im not even convinced that my application has even been looked at

ive emailed a couple times and was told that they have received my application and ill hear in due course , ive called a couple of times and been told that the process isnt finished but they could,nt tell me anything

id rather just know so i can move on :lol:

i dont want to keep ringing as it may do me no favors , i really dont want to miss out but dont know what else to do

i dont want any favors just a chance to have an interview

just got the feeling due to the amount of people who applied the people who dont progress just wont hear anything
 

350231

Member
Joined
9 Oct 2012
Messages
19
They must contact everyone that participated in the assessment. I went on the Tuesday and haven't heard anything back yet.
 

Komma

Member
Joined
12 Apr 2012
Messages
122
I got a call yesterday, asking me to go for a medical. Still not sure if I will take the job, as it will be a 30% pay cut for a year. On the plus side, I will be in the right place to apply for driving jobs.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top