G0ORC
Member
- Joined
- 23 Oct 2013
- Messages
- 227
Toton.....
Is there still one at Wimbledon? Pretty sure there is...?
Well, there are regular visitors there (inc. steam) for tyre/wheel turning, so I believe so.
Does anyone know of a list of all the Wheel Lathes in the UK?
Alternatively, shall we see if we can compile one?
Locations identified so far:
- Allerton TMD (Northern)
- Ashford depot (Hitachi for Southeastern)
- Beckton depot (Docklands Light Railway)
- Canton TMD, Cardiff (Arriva Trains Wales)
- Craigentiny TMD, Edinburgh (Virgin East Coast)
- Crewe Arriva Traincare (Arriva)
- Crown Point, Norwich (Greater Anglia)
- Etches Park, Derby (East Midlands Trains)
- Illford Depot (Greater Anglia)
- Kirkdale TMD, Liverpool (Merseyrail)
- Longsight Electric TMD, Manchester (Alstom for Virgin West Coast)
- Northfields Depot (London Underground)
- Northam Traincare Depot, Southampton (Siemens for South West Trains)
- Polmadie T&RSMD, Glasgow (Alstom for Virgin West Coast)
- Reading TMD (Great Western Railway)
- Selhurst T&RSMD, London (GTR Southern)
- Shields Road TMD, Glasgow (ScotRail)
- Slade Green depot, Dartford (Southeastern)
- St Phillips Marsh, Bristol (Great Western Railway)
- Stonebridge Park depot, Wembley (Alstom)
- Thameslink Three Bridges depot (Siemens for GTR Thameslink)
- Tyseley Locomotive Works (Vintage Trains)
- Tyseley TMD (London Midland)
Interesting stuff! I've updated the list from the locations firmly posted, I wonder how many more there are?!
Interesting stuff! I've updated the list from the locations firmly posted, I wonder how many more there are?!
Yes, St Philips Marsh has one, Siemens E of Soton has one. There's probably a few more too.The one at Allerton has a small yellow tractor to haul the carriages through. Are there many of these elsewhere?
The Crewe Arriva one is south of the station, yes?