• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Local Lockdown in Aberdeen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andyh82

Established Member
Joined
19 May 2014
Messages
4,596
Has she ? , early on in the daily briefings I heard her emphasise how Scotland could potentially come out of lockdown sooner than other parts of the UK, which isn’t compatible with her present strategy of largely waiting for others to move first in case things goes wrong
It’ll be interesting what happens when schools reopen as it’s the first time she’s having to go first
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Journeyman

Established Member
Joined
16 Apr 2014
Messages
6,295
Face coverings also to be mandatory in more indoor venues, and if visors are worn, masks must be worn as well. I've got a horrible feeling we're about to see a lot more restrictions imposed throughout Scotland.
 

DB

Guest
Joined
18 Nov 2009
Messages
5,036
Face coverings also to be mandatory in more indoor venues, and if visors are worn, masks must be worn as well. I've got a horrible feeling we're about to see a lot more restrictions imposed throughout Scotland.

Got to be seen to be taking action! The danger is that the politicians then can't stop, and keep on coming up wiht more and more petty restrictions.
 

Journeyman

Established Member
Joined
16 Apr 2014
Messages
6,295
Got to be seen to be taking action! The danger is that the politicians then can't stop, and keep on coming up wiht more and more petty restrictions.

Sturgeon's authoritarian tone is deeply unpleasant, and I worry where this will end.
 
Joined
7 Oct 2018
Messages
204
Location
Musselburgh
Face coverings also to be mandatory in more indoor venues, and if visors are worn, masks must be worn as well. I've got a horrible feeling we're about to see a lot more restrictions imposed throughout Scotland.

There is evidence that visors used on their own offer little protection either to the wearer or to others. They are effectively just a sneeze-guard
For serving staff in a pub or restaurant they look like the ideal way to deflect your breath (and whatever is carried in it) down directly onto the food or drinks

In a clinical environment visors are almost always used in conjuction with some form of mask - the visor protects the eyes, the mask protects the nose/mouth/lungs.
I know it's not definitive proof but I have seen a couple of posts from clinical staff explaining when and why they would use a visor and it's almost always in addition to RPE never alone
 

AdamWW

Established Member
Joined
6 Nov 2012
Messages
5,995
There is evidence that visors used on their own offer little protection either to the wearer or to others. They are effectively just a sneeze-guard
For serving staff in a pub or restaurant they look like the ideal way to deflect your breath (and whatever is carried in it) down directly onto the food or drinks

In a clinical environment visors are almost always used in conjuction with some form of mask - the visor protects the eyes, the mask protects the nose/mouth/lungs.
I know it's not definitive proof but I have seen a couple of posts from clinical staff explaining when and why they would use a visor and it's almost always in addition to RPE never alone

That's certainly what I've read.

But clearly not everyone is of that opinion.
 

kez19

Established Member
Joined
15 May 2020
Messages
2,205
Location
Dundee
Face coverings also to be mandatory in more indoor venues, and if visors are worn, masks must be worn as well. I've got a horrible feeling we're about to see a lot more restrictions imposed throughout Scotland.

So would that include herself and other politicians in Holyrood doing so or let me guess bypass it? (one rule for us one rule for them)
So at a guess she will expect this in gyms if they open in September?
 

kez19

Established Member
Joined
15 May 2020
Messages
2,205
Location
Dundee
Sturgeon's authoritarian tone is deeply unpleasant, and I worry where this will end.

I laughed when I heard her giving speech in terms of the football players... yes no one is perfect but Nicola you ain’t no saint either...
 

kez19

Established Member
Joined
15 May 2020
Messages
2,205
Location
Dundee
Got to be seen to be taking action! The danger is that the politicians then can't stop, and keep on coming up wiht more and more petty restrictions.

Yet quite possibly don’t follow the rules either...
 

DB

Guest
Joined
18 Nov 2009
Messages
5,036
That's certainly what I've read.

But clearly not everyone is of that opinion.

I don't dispute that visors are fairly useless, but I am not convinced that masks are much better either.
 

Huntergreed

Established Member
Associate Staff
Events Co-ordinator
Joined
16 Jan 2016
Messages
3,178
Location
Dumfries
Sturgeon has extended the local lockdown in aberdeen for a third week, meaning all hospitality closed, no household mixing, 5 mile limit on travel for another week.

There’s been very few hospitalisations and absolutely no deaths as a result of this outbreak, is it truly justified?
 

Journeyman

Established Member
Joined
16 Apr 2014
Messages
6,295
Sturgeon has extended the local lockdown in aberdeen for a third week, meaning all hospitality closed, no household mixing, 5 mile limit on travel for another week.

There’s been very few hospitalisations and absolutely no deaths as a result of this outbreak, is it truly justified?

No, she's throwing her weight around and picking fights with the council.
 

kez19

Established Member
Joined
15 May 2020
Messages
2,205
Location
Dundee
Sturgeon has extended the local lockdown in aberdeen for a third week, meaning all hospitality closed, no household mixing, 5 mile limit on travel for another week.

There’s been very few hospitalisations and absolutely no deaths as a result of this outbreak, is it truly justified?


There was a bit of a debate on Politics Scotland regarding this, seems to me its slowly evolving to the council v Sturgeon clash, I wonder then after this week she will lift it? (wasn't this similar to Doncaster it was 3 then it got lifted?), if she pushes it for 4th week I am sure that even some locals will kick up.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

No, she's throwing her weight around and picking fights with the council.


Yet she doesn't much care to closer to home under her own watch (quelle surprise)
 

Journeyman

Established Member
Joined
16 Apr 2014
Messages
6,295
There was a bit of a debate on Politics Scotland regarding this, seems to me its slowly evolving to the council v Sturgeon clash, I wonder then after this week she will lift it? (wasn't this similar to Doncaster it was 3 then it got lifted?)

This is because the SNP are really bitter about not controlling Aberdeen council. They're the biggest party, but the other parties formed a coalition and kept them out of power. It's playing dirty, but certainly no worse than a million things the SNP has done.
 

kez19

Established Member
Joined
15 May 2020
Messages
2,205
Location
Dundee
This is because the SNP are really bitter about not controlling Aberdeen council. They're the biggest party, but the other parties formed a coalition and kept them out of power. It's playing dirty, but certainly no worse than a million things the SNP has done.

Oh I do agree with you here, still though such a thing as karma for the SNP it’s the waiting game in my book.
 

kez19

Established Member
Joined
15 May 2020
Messages
2,205
Location
Dundee
We'll see what happens when there's a cluster in Glasgow Southside 8-)

I doubt anything if I am honest, the cluster in Lanarkshire proved that even for me, just a slapped wrist but business as usual
 

fraser158

Member
Joined
7 Feb 2011
Messages
191
Location
Inverness
...I wonder then after this week she will lift it? (wasn't this similar to Doncaster it was 3 then it got lifted?)...

The Regulations say

Expiry
9.—(1) These Regulations expire at the end of the period of three weeks beginning with the day on which they come into force.

So unless a new set of Regulations are made or these ones are amended the last day should be the 26th.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top