• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER Trainee Driver Jobs (18/03/2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DWPVT83

Member
Joined
23 Feb 2017
Messages
7
Congratulations and good luck! If you don’t mind me asking, which Depot have you applied for?
 

Valerian

Member
Joined
4 Jun 2020
Messages
13
Location
-
Congratulations and good luck! If you don’t mind me asking, which Depot have you applied for?

Thank you v much. Never applied to such a thing before. I put down both Doncaster and Leeds as its an hour both for me.

For those who have had their MI, was there much difference in questions asked compared to the telephone interviews?

Was also wondering this, is it again the STAR technique of competency based questions?
 
Last edited:

DWPVT83

Member
Joined
23 Feb 2017
Messages
7
Thank you v much. Never applied to such a thing before. I put down both Doncaster and Leeds as its an hour both for me.



Was also wondering this, is it again the STAR technique of competency based questions?

The majority of Qs were competency based and STAR technique is a good way to answer. There was a couple of “why” and “what” Qs also but nothing unexpected.
 

Markylad

Member
Joined
10 Dec 2019
Messages
48
Location
Chester le street
Had my MI interview today, very formal compared to telephone interview. Pretty sure i may have flunked it, very difficult to read the interviewers which i’m usually very good at.
 

Forbsie85

Member
Joined
9 Apr 2020
Messages
13
Location
Newcastle
Had my MI interview today, very formal compared to telephone interview. Pretty sure i may have flunked it, very difficult to read the interviewers which i’m usually very good at.
Im sure you done better than what you think mate - Mine is today. Any tips appreciated im bricking it !! seems to have been such a long process - and we have came so far!
 

Markylad

Member
Joined
10 Dec 2019
Messages
48
Location
Chester le street
Im sure you done better than what you think mate - Mine is today. Any tips appreciated im bricking it !! seems to have been such a long process - and we have came so far!
Hi just read your message, so you may already have done your interview. Its difficult to give tips as im really unsure how well i did. Only thing to say really is it is very formal so dont let that knock you.
 

DWPVT83

Member
Joined
23 Feb 2017
Messages
7
Had my MI interview today, very formal compared to telephone interview. Pretty sure i may have flunked it, very difficult to read the interviewers which i’m usually very good at.
Hi just read your message, so you may already have done your interview. Its difficult to give tips as im really unsure how well i did. Only thing to say really is it is very formal so dont let that knock you.

Hope it went well for you both! I felt exactly the same after my interview, it is particularly hard to gauge when virtual I feel. Think we have applied for the same Depot so good chance interviewers were the same.
 

Markylad

Member
Joined
10 Dec 2019
Messages
48
Location
Chester le street
Hope it went well for you both! I felt exactly the same after my interview, it is particularly hard to gauge when virtual I feel. Think we have applied for the same Depot so good chance interviewers were the same.
Cheers, and only we can do now is another excruciating wait!!
 

RichA203

Member
Joined
11 Aug 2020
Messages
7
Location
Newcastle upon Tyne
Well I had my Teams interview today (applied for NCL). Bit more in depth than the first one in April, but quite similar style. Should find out in a couple of weeks
 

Valerian

Member
Joined
4 Jun 2020
Messages
13
Location
-
Does anyone know the LNER recruitment telephone number? I have a Microsoft teams interview tomorrow and I have been given 2 different times and despite emailing multiple times I have not recieved a reply.
 
Last edited:

Sulj8374

Member
Joined
11 May 2020
Messages
43
Location
Manchester
I was never given the number to ring buddy, similar happened to myself and I went off the earliest time which was correct. Are the times near to each other? Best of luck with the interview
 

Coopes1710

Member
Joined
21 Nov 2019
Messages
81
Location
Pontefract
Does anyone know the LNER recruitment telephone number? I have a Microsoft teams interview tomorrow and I have been given 2 different times and despite emailing multiple times I have not recieved a reply.

Have you tried emailing the lady called Natalie who sent the invitation rather than the recruitment email?. That looks like a direct email rather than a generic.
I have mine tomorrow too.
Good luck
 

patwreynolds

Member
Joined
4 Mar 2020
Messages
46
Location
Bedfordshire
Good luck to all those who have their interviews coming up.

has anyone been told they’re on the planned Course in January as yet? If so, have you had a medical date booked in?
 

Valerian

Member
Joined
4 Jun 2020
Messages
13
Location
-
My interview was at the later time. I deduced that the Microsoft teams interview calendar is back by 1 hour.
My audio didn't work but camera did. They apparently had a few interviews with technical issues. So they called me on phone instead with camera engaged.
I did email the Natalie email address but it was an automated email that she was on annual leave.
Anyway, at least from my perspective the interview went well. I hope they felt the same.
Thank you for the best wishes and good luck to you Coopes.
 

Coopes1710

Member
Joined
21 Nov 2019
Messages
81
Location
Pontefract
My interview was at the later time. I deduced that the Microsoft teams interview calendar is back by 1 hour.
My audio didn't work but camera did. They apparently had a few interviews with technical issues. So they called me on phone instead with camera engaged.
I did email the Natalie email address but it was an automated email that she was on annual leave.
Anyway, at least from my perspective the interview went well. I hope they felt the same.
Thank you for the best wishes and good luck to you Coopes.
Thanks
I’ve had mine now so it’s just a waiting game.
Although it is more formal than the telephone interview I still felt at ease with the 3 interviewers.
Hopefully hear back in a week.
 

Forbsie85

Member
Joined
9 Apr 2020
Messages
13
Location
Newcastle
I've been invited for Psychometrics at York... so excited but so nervous as this is the part I'm most worried about ! Good luck everyone x
 

Sulj8374

Member
Joined
11 May 2020
Messages
43
Location
Manchester
That's great, congratulations, be interested to hear how they run the Psychometrics during the covid restrictions, let us know.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top