dvboy
Established Member
I am looking at a return from Birmingham to Bedford on 1st Jan, returning 2nd Jan, and on the LM website there is an "LM ONLINE RAIL SALE Off-Peak Rtn" at £17.99, but the outward journey doesn't involve any London Midland trains, all the journey options shown are XC & EM changing at Leicester - however on the returns, these are all greyed out and all journeys suggested involve a bus to Bletchley and LM onwards from there.
Can anyone explain why this might be, as I was hoping to combine this with a Leicester-Nottingham day return on the 2nd Jan, to go to Nottingham in the evening, but I can't decide if that would be valid or not, and if not, why is it suggesting this route on the 1st.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Appears LM are running a Sunday service on the 1st, and the Bedford-Bletchley line doesn't have a Sunday service, but that doesn't explain why it makes the ticket valid via Leicester instead. I have to get to Bedford, and don't want to be done for an invalid ticket by XC or EM!
...suggests the journey being shown on the 1st isn't valid, but the site will let me buy the ticket.Availability:
This ticket is offered at a special online only discount. It is only available for travel on London Midland services.
Can anyone explain why this might be, as I was hoping to combine this with a Leicester-Nottingham day return on the 2nd Jan, to go to Nottingham in the evening, but I can't decide if that would be valid or not, and if not, why is it suggesting this route on the 1st.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Appears LM are running a Sunday service on the 1st, and the Bedford-Bletchley line doesn't have a Sunday service, but that doesn't explain why it makes the ticket valid via Leicester instead. I have to get to Bedford, and don't want to be done for an invalid ticket by XC or EM!
Last edited: