90019
Established Member
Of the ones there, it's the Strathspey.
But, i'd go for the Bo'ness and Kinneil, simply because of the 303
But, i'd go for the Bo'ness and Kinneil, simply because of the 303
um what about a certain narrow gauge railway in kent thank u very much![]()
Well, the most unique is blatently the Romney Hythe & Dymchurch![]()
Can't beat the RH&DR![]()
The Bluebell Railway is one i have never been to along with many others, which i have promised myself to visit next year.
That climb, I didn't think it would be much good before I sampled it. 37240 up there, magnifico!
Severn Valley's nice but too much steam!
The poll has been a resounding success with just less than 50 votes so far. Only real suprises for me is the lack of votes for Scottish lines given their breathtaking scenery.
um what about a certain narrow gauge railway in kent thank u very much![]()
the sklr is the most unique railway in the south east
The Fact that there is a single bore tunnel helps, keeps the noise contained!
Would have voted for the SVR as i'm a volunteer there so obviously a little biased but it wasn't on the poll when I voted at the start. There were a lot more diesel running days this year at the valley compared to previous years, the diesel running season started earlier and as in previous years the last turns have been at the eptember 'Thomas' event thisd year the last running day was the last Sat in September. Also had 3 Sunday and Maonday running dates if i remember rightly, two bank holidayt weekends at the beginning and end of May and the August Bank Holiday weekend!
Thats debateable Steve.
Certainly the most unique Industrial Railway, but the 15 inch gauge miniature mainline ar Romney, using exact 1/3 scale replicas of real locos, is the most unique I think.![]()
Surely the Volk electric railway is?
Ah thats a good point, first electric railway in the world isnt it?
Its Electric.. I'll say no more![]()
If this wasn't a forum with rules BAD BAD THINGS WOULD HAPPEN THE SECOND YOU SAID THAT!!!!
But any whothe volks is quite special railway but well it is small and has only one type of traction I would say it was more of a tourist attraction than anything (fun to go on though).
I allways think the foxfield light is quite special for it's quite steep gradient and for originally being a freight centre rather than a abandoned mixed traffic line.
Thats debateable Steve.
Certainly the most unique Industrial Railway, but the 15 inch gauge miniature mainline ar Romney, using exact 1/3 scale replicas of real locos, is the most unique I think.![]()
Maybe we could do something like that at the SLKR
James
Get a scale tractor and you might just hit it off
37412 will definately attend!![]()
Anyone had this one?: http://thegrimsheeper.photoblog.org.uk/p51967767.html
Liam has, didn't it used to be in Civil Engineers livery?
Dunno, can't see any pictures on fotopic.
Anyone had this one?: http://thegrimsheeper.photoblog.org.uk/p51967767.html