• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Just out of interest...

Your favourite heritage railway:

  • Bluebell Railway

    Votes: 8 11.9%
  • East Lancashire Railway

    Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Gloucestershire & Warwickshire Steam Railway

    Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Great Central Railway

    Votes: 11 16.4%
  • Kent and East Sussex Railway

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Watercress Line

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • North Yorkshire Moors Railway

    Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Wensleydale Railway

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • West Somerset Railway

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • Llangollen Railway (Wales)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • Keith and Dufftown Railway (Scotland)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Strathspey Railway (Scotland)

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Other

    Votes: 12 17.9%
  • Severn Valley Railway

    Votes: 3 4.5%

  • Total voters
    67
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waverley125

Member
Joined
2 Sep 2008
Messages
1,010
Location
Leeds, West Yorkshire
for travelling experience, The IoWSR beats everything hands down-superb pre-grouping coaches, little engines & pleasant scenery. As a whole day, the NYMR has to have it.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The_Rail_WAy

Member
Joined
20 Jul 2008
Messages
458
With the survey now tailing off I'd like to thank everyone for taking part, I woukd like to point out a few rends I have noticed:

The Great Central Railway, East Lancashire Railway and North Yorkshire Moors Railway see to be the top 3 favourites amongst pollers. I feel that there are 3 main factors contributing to this:

- Wide variety of steam/diesel locos
-Good scenic routes
-Plenty of galas and events for visitors
- Good legnth lines
-Access to mainline
 

class 313

Established Member
Joined
10 Dec 2005
Messages
6,475
Location
St Albans
Out of the ones I have been to, GCR has the best line. Though I most enjoyed the MNR and Spa Valley due to traction.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top