Whats the ching for the bus?
Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Ching on my local bus to/from Llandrindod is £5.10 return. I'm considering chickening out of that long fester, and return to my original plan of doing each of the shacks on seperate days. Alternative plans have been researched, but none work out. I'm not walking down the A470 for instance!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
15/08/2016 - HoW 2
Pop culture reference here, this time I make a loving tribute to a classic children's TV show, How 2. It's very challenging to find this on YouTube, so I can't link to what I'm talking about, but it was a CITV show with multiple presenters that showed you and explained how things worked and so on. It's up there with Art Attack [some of you will be tripping down Memory Lane like I am! - Ed] in the ranks of the best children's shows, and much missed too. The title is capitalised as it is on purpose, as today is about the Heart of Wales and that I have just 2 shacks left to get. I do hope that makes sense, and I appreicate the title is laid out better in a visual sense than it is when read, my apologies to those this affects.
So it was indeed a gorgeous day weather wise, so I picked well with my day to do a long fester! The Volvo MCV is out on the 1110 to Llandrindod, I have a lot of mileage of this bus this year as it forms my commutes more often than anything else. It's not for nought that my user title on the forum is "MCV Top Man" as I have around 18,000 miles off the two MCVs in my local fleet! My October 6 day bash [advance notice, hashtag will be #TechsOctoberFest - Ed] in a shade over 2 months time has been all confirmed, and all booked except for tickets you can only get on the day/in the area. The hotel bill is set to be £165 so not a cheap trip by anyone's standards, but oh won't it be worth every penny! As is standard on my Heart of Wales trips, the bus leaves late and a 4 minute delay is not much, granted, but when there's only 12 minutes between bus and train, and a need to buy tickets, it is not appreciated!
£1.90 later and my Anytime Day Return to Builth Road is sourced. I had no need to worry about the connection in the end as the 0933 from Swansea was late, so plenty of time until our delayed departure anyway! 153320 takes me to winner shack Builth Road. A quick wonder around reveals a piv which appears to be closed, and nothing else here. I return to the platform, the entrance/exit from the station being into a residents' car park area with houses right next to it. My book is read for a while, with a lunch break had, and the occasional wander up and down the platform. A bunch of festival-goers turn up at 1413 or so, and after a while I need a break from their hippy status. They're eventually camped out on an embankment nearby and I make my way back to the platform to open a beer. Strong stuff but quite nice too. Cider would have been better in this weather but c'est la vie!
The fester is eventually over at 1551, a +216 over, as I leave Builth Road on 153327. £3.30 paid for a day return to winner shack Llangammarch, the excitement is now building! As I get off, the excitement reaches fever pitch levels, as I have FINALLY completed the Heart of Wales Line shacks! A celebratory beer, unique brew number 419 in my Untappd logs, had to be enjoyed while here, it has taken several years but I have finally got it done. 7 shacks in West Wales remain to be visited before all ATW shacks south of Shrewsbury are done. It won't be surprising to learn that I'm working on a plan for those, nor that I would love to find time in 2016 to do them!
153320 is back to take me to Llandrindod, and while I'm celebrating the clearance of the line's shacks in a way I'm sad as I'll probably not see this line again for a long time. I grab a half of a winner beer in Llanerch Inn before heading back to the Volvo MCV home, when I then bang a much needed meal on to cook and **** out for the remainder of the evening.
Now bring on next Monday, when I intend to get going on finding more winners!