Theartixian
New Member
- Joined
- 31 Dec 2015
- Messages
- 2
I was travelling from Rugby to Milton Keynes with a child ticket despite having just turned 17, I was stopped at the ticket gates and once asked my age I said I was 15, he asked for my date of birth and so i told him i was actually 17.
I explained to him that i didn't have enough money to afford an adult ticket and I really needed to get home, and so he started asking me for my details and I complied, I was feeling really stressed out for having an awful day and this made an even bigger toll on me, I realized what I did was wrong and apologized, and he took me to the side and asked for some sort of ID, when i took out my student card, when he noticed more tickets in my wallet and asked to see them, now these tickets were not mine, I had kept them for my friend who was actually 15 because I was borrowing his wallet, and he took them in and assumed they were mine, I didn't argue they weren't mind, as I just wanted to get my fine and go as I was having a really stressful day, he kept the other tickets and he also kept my student card, which might have been an accident, i'm not sure if he was entitled to do that or not.
This is now 3 days later and I'm starting to worry that even though I was issued a penalty fare of £23 which i intend on paying fully, that I might get into more trouble about the other tickets, as repeat offenders are obviously more likely to be prosecuted. The inspector didn't say anything about this howeveer, only mentioned that this is very serious and could harm my future career or chances of getting into university, and said that from now on I should get adult tickets. i agreed and i wished him a happy new year and left. He had also said that if i was caught by his boss that he would have dealt with me very differently, which gave me hope that i infact did only get a penalty fare.
This has been honestly keeping me awake at night because I would hate to get a criminal record over £6. Do train companies tend to prosecute people after giving them a penalty fare?
I explained to him that i didn't have enough money to afford an adult ticket and I really needed to get home, and so he started asking me for my details and I complied, I was feeling really stressed out for having an awful day and this made an even bigger toll on me, I realized what I did was wrong and apologized, and he took me to the side and asked for some sort of ID, when i took out my student card, when he noticed more tickets in my wallet and asked to see them, now these tickets were not mine, I had kept them for my friend who was actually 15 because I was borrowing his wallet, and he took them in and assumed they were mine, I didn't argue they weren't mind, as I just wanted to get my fine and go as I was having a really stressful day, he kept the other tickets and he also kept my student card, which might have been an accident, i'm not sure if he was entitled to do that or not.
This is now 3 days later and I'm starting to worry that even though I was issued a penalty fare of £23 which i intend on paying fully, that I might get into more trouble about the other tickets, as repeat offenders are obviously more likely to be prosecuted. The inspector didn't say anything about this howeveer, only mentioned that this is very serious and could harm my future career or chances of getting into university, and said that from now on I should get adult tickets. i agreed and i wished him a happy new year and left. He had also said that if i was caught by his boss that he would have dealt with me very differently, which gave me hope that i infact did only get a penalty fare.
This has been honestly keeping me awake at night because I would hate to get a criminal record over £6. Do train companies tend to prosecute people after giving them a penalty fare?
