Halifaxlad
Established Member
With all this about York Central being one of the biggest brownfield sites in any city centre in Europe and with claims this redevelopment that is around the east entrance is a key part of this development that is upon the opposite west side of the station, does anybody feel that York is lacking ambition for its West entrance ?
I know they're plans to improve this entrance, but from I gather so far it appears to be mainly a change of design and making it all a bit wider.


With such a major development to the West I feel that we should be looking at Kings Cross for inspiration. A Kings Cross style roof could cover the lines to the West of the main shed and provide a roof over a new concourse as opposed to just being an entrance with a pair of doors.

I know they're plans to improve this entrance, but from I gather so far it appears to be mainly a change of design and making it all a bit wider.


With such a major development to the West I feel that we should be looking at Kings Cross for inspiration. A Kings Cross style roof could cover the lines to the West of the main shed and provide a roof over a new concourse as opposed to just being an entrance with a pair of doors.


