LLivery
Established Member
Perhaps the advent of that shining star of the Labour Party's new guise, Jeremy Corbyn, as the acceptable face of hard-left leaning cohorts and the militancy now in full flow led by those stalwarts of a trades union who do not feel that the Labour Party of post-Corbyn days does indeed hark back to a stage of the days of Militant Tendency, but with the main players this time actually in a position of power (something that Derek Hatton never achieved) are all under the same cloak of a co-ordinated movement to achieve their socialist aims.
Of course, there will be the usual bleats of "the RMT are not part of the Labour Party" so one must ask why not. Was not the Labour Party established as a standard to which all trades unions could flock in terms of solidarity? Yet the RMT see themselves outside this ideal and one must ask "why" ?
Anyone looking at the situation in the country at this point of time can only imagine what socialist conspiracy is at play and who it is who is the "hidden face" of those who are instrumental in bringing this to being.
There are numerous working people in the South East who rely on the trains to transport them to and from their places of work and this current five-day strike is one where the true position of the RMT comes to the fore in totally ignoring the pressures that these commuters face in their own working life. I will never tire of reminding everyone on this website how a certain person on here showed his true colours and actually described passengers as "collateral damage"....which says it all, as far as I am concerned.
I am one who is not afraid to challenge this vision of socialist utopia and of all those concerned in attempting to achieve it by as many different methods as possible, that certain people on this website try to hide by giving it rather nice sounding humanitarian face.
I use Southern/LO for my commute depending on where I'm based that day. As a Southern commuter, I am very aware of the issues commuters face due to this strike.
However, I believe its attitudes like this which have led people from loving their jobs to people now finding it demoralising. The same goes for retail, staff in a certain department store (not John Lewis or the obvious, BHS) are totally demoralised because the care for staff has almost disappeared, and managers are too busy lining their pockets. Standing up for your rights, defending pay and wanting job protection isn't screaming out for a socialist utopia.
In every strike there are always people who shout "sack them" "they're all lazy scum" "If we don't have that, they should they". Then if they are sacked from their job for a nonsense reason, they wish they had a union to fight their corner. This is what a race to the bottom looks like, 21-25 aren't even entitled to the stupidly branded "living wage". The UK will never be a United Kingdom of Socialist Nations.
Like I've said before, I am left leaning, but no communist, I'd even struggle to be a good socialist.