Kingfisher200262
Member
I know this is a provocative thread, especially given that I'm the one starting it.
However, last evening's London Evening Standard carried THIS article, about Victoria Line tube trains leaving stations with doors open. In the article, it described Bombardier as a German company.
Given the issues relating to the Thameslink contract, involving another "German" company, it would be worth debating this and looking at Bombardier's ownership lineage.
Unless I'm mistaken, as far as Derby goes, it goes something like this: -
Midland Railway (British)
London Midland & Scottish (LMS, British)
British Rail (der... British)
BREL (British)
ABB (Swedish)
AdTranz (German)
Bombardier (Canadian - with German Europe HQ).
Maybe the reason Bombardier is described as a German company, is because it's bad news about failing trains that's being reported. If the news had been good, perhaps about new trains performing way beyond everyone's expectations, it would be a British company. Or am I just being cynical?
Thoughts?
However, last evening's London Evening Standard carried THIS article, about Victoria Line tube trains leaving stations with doors open. In the article, it described Bombardier as a German company.
Given the issues relating to the Thameslink contract, involving another "German" company, it would be worth debating this and looking at Bombardier's ownership lineage.
Unless I'm mistaken, as far as Derby goes, it goes something like this: -
Midland Railway (British)
London Midland & Scottish (LMS, British)
British Rail (der... British)
BREL (British)
ABB (Swedish)
AdTranz (German)
Bombardier (Canadian - with German Europe HQ).
Maybe the reason Bombardier is described as a German company, is because it's bad news about failing trains that's being reported. If the news had been good, perhaps about new trains performing way beyond everyone's expectations, it would be a British company. Or am I just being cynical?
Thoughts?
Last edited:
