• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

*International* Guess The Station

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

eastwestdivide

Established Member
Joined
17 Aug 2009
Messages
3,416
Location
S Yorks, usually
Crikey. I just made out “Messina” on the destination board and guessed somewhere nice-looking!
Open floor as I’m away from my photos, perhaps someone who hasn’t done one yet?
 

parkender102

Member
Joined
21 Dec 2010
Messages
538
Location
Hawarden
Caminha (Portugal). I was in Porto 2 years ago and travelled this line but had to search a few stations on Google Maps as I couldn't pinpoint which exact Station it was.
 

chrisjo

Member
Joined
18 May 2024
Messages
601
Location
Llanishen
Caminha (Portugal). I was in Porto 2 years ago and travelled this line but had to search a few stations on Google Maps as I couldn't pinpoint which exact Station it was.
I thought it might be Obidos, but it looks very scruffy compared to when I was there over 10 years ago. I'm pretty sure there were benches and planters with flowers in, but the platform seems to have been re-surfaced, so maybe the furniture disappeared when that happened.
 
Last edited:

Dr Day

Member
Joined
16 Oct 2018
Messages
760
Location
Bristol
Obidos it is. The route is being electrified and upgraded, but agree the station has an unloved feel about it. Over to you.
 

parkender102

Member
Joined
21 Dec 2010
Messages
538
Location
Hawarden
I thought it might be Obidos, but it looks very scruffy compared to when I was there over 10 years ago. I'm pretty sure there were benches and planters with flowers in, but the platform seems to have been re-surfaced, so maybe the furniture disappeared when that happened.
Good spot - looking back now the supports for the canopy at Caminha are different than the one in the picture.
 

superalbs

Verified Rep - Superalbs Travels
Joined
3 Jul 2014
Messages
2,856
Location
Kraków
Sorry for the delay. Here's the next one.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20250906_153633_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20250906_153633_Photos.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 51

Top