• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

*International* Guess The Station

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Joined
8 Apr 2010
Messages
17,850
Location
Epsom
Purely on the basis of the plinthed steam locomotive - Havre. I've never been there. The only place I've been in the USA is New York...

( I'll also hazard a guess that the Amtrak service you were on is the Empire Builder...? )
 
Joined
20 May 2013
Messages
236
Purely on the basis of the plinthed steam locomotive - Havre. I've never been there. The only place I've been in the USA is New York...

( I'll also hazard a guess that the Amtrak service you were on is the Empire Builder...? )

Yes, that's the rear of the eastbound Empire Builder at Havre, MT. The plinthed loco is Great Northern 2584. The tank cars to the left gives an indication of why, at that point, the service was a couple of hours behind schedule; but, fortunately in the end, were less than 60 mins late (on a 45 hour trip) into Chicago Union station.
 

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Joined
8 Apr 2010
Messages
17,850
Location
Epsom
Wow! I wasn't sure I'd actually got that right...

Here's my next entry, and it's from my archives from 1983; I've put two pictures up as neither show enough of the station individually to give enough detail, I think - but collectively, they should:

1723316782800.jpeg1723316831009.jpeg
 

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Joined
8 Apr 2010
Messages
17,850
Location
Epsom
Not Gare de Lyon - it's definitely in France, though.

Going offline for a couple of hours - will check back later...
 

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Joined
16 Nov 2009
Messages
31,123
Location
Redcar
Feels Sri Lankan to me so I'm going to go with Fort station in Colombo.
 

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Joined
16 Nov 2009
Messages
31,123
Location
Redcar
"Mind the gap!".... Suwałki Gap
Indeed! Goes nicely with this text message I received whilst on the train:

Screenshot_2024-08-11-14-18-43-76_cf3cf72bd8e53b0db7ddb0a6f2208af9.jpg
(Image shows text message saying: "Warning! BAN on staying in the Polish area near the Belarus border. Unauthorised crossing is forbidden. Soldiers may use weapons. Turn back immediately!")
 

Top