• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Interlaced track near Mitcham - what's the point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCR247

Established Member
Joined
7 Nov 2008
Messages
10,294
That doesn't make my memory feel at all better, as I'm now going, "What middle platform?"
The Forest northbound platform is an island platform with other side rarely used. To get to the southbound platform and the park and ride you must cross the middle track and southbound track
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Surreytraveller

On Moderation
Joined
21 Oct 2009
Messages
3,905
Edit: previous post deleted, I misunderstood the quoted post.

How does live rail work with interlaced track? Presumably the interlacing is spaced so you don't have a live rail where you need a running rail to be?
I would have thought that would be quite dangerous for a driver getting out. Even if the traction current is isolated, there's still the trip hazard
 

HSTEd

Veteran Member
Joined
14 Jul 2011
Messages
20,373
I would have thought that would be quite dangerous for a driver getting out. Even if the traction current is isolated, there's still the trip hazard
Conventional ballast is hardly trivial to walk on at the best of times!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top