I have stated no facts other than opinion, and my opinion is not something that can just be condemned as right and wrong, though I acknowledge and respect your wish to defend the decisions of your colleagues...
An opinion CAN be based on incorrect facts, something that is often forgotten in these times of 'free speech'.
I'm sure the planning team work exceptionally hard, and I wasn't necessarily criticising them in particular as much as the hierarchy of the TOC or whoever has told them not to bother planning anything for the in-between days, in a way other TOCs have not done.
The person who will have given any such instruction is their train planning manager, who is included in their train planning team and is equally as good as the rest of them. There remains the possibility that the individual I worked with is no longer in that position and therefore a different Train Planning manager is in place, and I cannot say for sure what instructions were given. If the same people are still there, the decision won't have been out of motivation or laziness.
Something that makes me increasingly annoyed, is attempts of more militant rail staff on here to trivialise points of view they don't agree with by branding them "attempts to be controversial/wind people up" or "digging a hole," which is a rather sly attempt to make others dismiss said opposing points of view as spam or troublemaking.
FWIW I'm no longer rail staff and certainly not among the 'more militant' section - I would have voted against the Strikes (I was part of the TSSA) had I not left the industry.
I don't think there's necccesarily any contradiction between commending the professional achievements of individuals, and criticising the institutional competence of the organisation they work for. I can think of several examples where I would say that about people I know personally, and they would agree.
I totally agree this is possible. I just would contend that Chiltern are one of the best-run outfits in the country at all levels and even 'institutional' laziness was not something I came across in my dealings with them. They always were responsive and engaging in any discussions about changes to their train service to benefit other groups and when they refused to do so it was for very well-justified reasons.
I certainly saw institutional laziness across large parts of the rail industry, so I am only commenting specifically on Chiltern here.