• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

I'm thinking of a station...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Schnellzug

Established Member
Joined
22 Aug 2011
Messages
2,926
Location
Evercreech Junction
oh no, wouldn't be Brockenhurst, it says 2 platforms. How about Christchurch, oh no, i think that's just in Dorset isn't it.

in Dorset? Yes, I'd reccomend it to anybody.

:s
 

adtrainz

Member
Joined
4 Jun 2011
Messages
79
Aaand that's the correct answer!

I didn't realise there were so many stations like it.
 

MK Tom

Established Member
Joined
31 Aug 2011
Messages
2,458
Location
Milton Keynes
OK here's one...

I have five platforms with a sixth disused. I once had a name that is longer than the one I have now. I have been a junction but I am no longer. I'm served by two operators but 99% of the time you'll only see one of them in my platforms. Where am I?
 

gg1

Established Member
Joined
2 Jun 2011
Messages
2,498
Location
Birmingham
Well done gg1! Like the Starfury owner's manual btw... anyway over to you!

Plenty more where those came from :)

cheyenne_400.jpg dalekhaynes.jpg
defiant.jpg dwarf_400.jpg
viper_small.jpg

Anyway, next station:

  • I was initially built as a terminus although I have been a through station for well over 100 years.
  • I have four platforms, but only two are in use.
  • All services are provided by the same TOC.
 

gg1

Established Member
Joined
2 Jun 2011
Messages
2,498
Location
Birmingham
Good. that means I have a chance ...

Rock Ferry ?

Nope

Roughly half of the passenger services which pass through this station call here.

Nothing odd about that but what is a little unusual is that the majority of the non-stopping trains call at every other station on their route.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top