• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

I'm thinking of a station...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

gg1

Established Member
Joined
2 Jun 2011
Messages
2,498
Location
Birmingham
That could be loads of places!

For sake of argument, let's try... Hooton.

Nope

A few more clues:

-I'm a non-electrified line

-I have two platforms

-All trains heading along one of the two junction routes terminate at the same station whilst trains heading along the other route terminate at a few different stations



EDIT: Not St Erth either
 

gg1

Established Member
Joined
2 Jun 2011
Messages
2,498
Location
Birmingham

No, right country though.

Bit of an addendum to one of my earlier clues:

-In the opposite direction to the junction, the vast majority of services terminate at the same station.

There's a very good reason for this, the design of the station mentioned in the clue makes it operationally difficult to extend services onwards to other locations.

------------------

EDIT - I'll give it until 9pm but if no-one has the correct answer by then, would someone be willing to take this one on if I PM you the answer?
 

Ivo

Established Member
Joined
8 Jan 2010
Messages
7,307
Location
Bath (or Southend)
Yay. Yay. Hooray.

OK folks; try this. Sod what I said about my clues before; I want a bit of romance in this next one!

Widely considered one of Britain's most beautiful stations, and a terminus by the sea to boot. If only the local area was a bit larger! Unfortunately, the 3xx trains that serve this station aren't exactly romantic - but even they beat the city in which my trains terminate, especially given its history of poor life expectancy...
 

adtrainz

Member
Joined
4 Jun 2011
Messages
79
I have 2 platforms now but I have had 3,
I have 2 through tracks now but I have had 4,
I have also had a branch line as well.

Where am I? Where did the branch line go to?

Not too vague...is it?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top