• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

I'm thinking of a station...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Joined
16 May 2010
Messages
12,856
Milton Keynes then, p5/6. p5 is the U&DPL or something, and p6 is the DF.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Having thought about it though, I am fairly sure than Norton Bridge is correct.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nym

Established Member
Joined
2 Mar 2007
Messages
9,795
Location
Somewhere, not in London
Norton bridge is the only one with a single platform, there a shed tonne of stations on the WCML with island platforms on loops. (It also depends on the definition of WCML)
 

Nym

Established Member
Joined
2 Mar 2007
Messages
9,795
Location
Somewhere, not in London
Nice....

Err

My station is on a former mainline, has 2 platforms in use, and used to have two passenger branches and is next to a Motorway
 
Last edited:

Welshman

Established Member
Joined
11 Mar 2010
Messages
3,068
My station was the junction of a branch line to the siting of a famous BBC comedy.
 

Welshman

Established Member
Joined
11 Mar 2010
Messages
3,068
Sorry. Could be, but I'm afraid it wasn't the one I was thinking of. [honestly!]
 

Welshman

Established Member
Joined
11 Mar 2010
Messages
3,068
Sorry, HST Power, but I've just looked-up your original rules and see I have been sparing with my information!
My station is in the Northern TOC area, and now has 1 platform.
 

Welshman

Established Member
Joined
11 Mar 2010
Messages
3,068
Yes, well done!
Enjoy a cup of tea at Sid's Cafe!

Now, your turn.
 

WestCoast

Established Member
Joined
19 Jun 2010
Messages
5,665
Location
South Yorkshire
The station I am thinking of is on the East Coast Main Line, it has two platforms and an unusual station layout.
 

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
23 Mar 2011
Messages
2,631
Thirsk. ("unusual" is pretty ambiguous! :D)
 

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
23 Mar 2011
Messages
2,631
OK then... three platforms, on the south coast, and I serve two branch lines. Sort of. :D

A little ambiguity is always entertaining...
 

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
23 Mar 2011
Messages
2,631
Yes. Obviously a shortage of ambiguity there... :D
 

WestCoast

Established Member
Joined
19 Jun 2010
Messages
5,665
Location
South Yorkshire
If it's an open floor, I'll have another go.

The station has two platforms, it's operated by Northern and there is a junction near the station with two branchlines - one still in use and one closed.
 

WestCoast

Established Member
Joined
19 Jun 2010
Messages
5,665
Location
South Yorkshire
No that wasn't the station I was thinking of. Another clue is that it has bypass lines. It is in the county of Lancashire.
 
Last edited:

WestCoast

Established Member
Joined
19 Jun 2010
Messages
5,665
Location
South Yorkshire
No correct answers so far.

This station is situated on a line that once played an enormous role in the local leisure industry (and still does to a certain extent today). It's situated on a branch line itself.
 

WestCoast

Established Member
Joined
19 Jun 2010
Messages
5,665
Location
South Yorkshire
Still not there, if it helps this line is in "new" Lancashire, not Greater Manchester that once was part of Lancashire.

This is a branch line off the West Coast Main Line.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top